Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Rimbli

re: Solve-A-Mystery -- March 15 at 4pm /server - SIGN UP THREAD

I'll be the merchant. All ready a dwarf. Might as well go with it

Awarded:

Here's an update on sign-ups:

* We have Lilikate, Byrcha, Rimbli, Lhinnthel, Esyae, and Tearna.

Byrcha, Lhinnthel, Esyae and Tearna -- Please let me know your preferred roles in order of preference.

The roles are farmer, merchant, adopted sibling, banker, party crasher, chief investigator, and road warden.
(Unless we get another sign-up, we'll do without the road warden.)

The most challenging roles will be merchant, adopted sibling, and party crasher.
Farmer and banker are moderate difficulty. The Chief Investigator role is fairly easy.

If you haven't signed up yet but...
* You're certain you'll be free on March 15th from 3:45pm until 5:30pm /servertime
OR
* You'd just like to be a road warden
PLEASE reply to this post. Thanks!

Awarded:

If the merchant is already taken, then Yahr (Dwarf) would probably fit as either the banker or the farmer. Otherwise I could bring Belyndil (Elf) since she too is an aspiring actor (stunt double thus far).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
If the merchant is already taken, then Yahr (Dwarf) would probably fit as either the banker or the farmer. Otherwise I could bring Belyndil (Elf) since she too is an aspiring actor (stunt double thus far).

Sadly, neither of these fits into the story comfortably. I hate to give away why this is, since it's sort of a story spoiler.

Rimbli, do you have a human you might like to play, leaving Byrcha the Merchant role
...OR...
Byrcha, do you happen to have a human?

Even a level 7 new character will work fine, since you can make a great outfit on Wardrobe Street and you'll just be in a neighborhood.

Although the roles are strong enough to fit only certain races, the genders are flexible on all roles.

Awarded:

I do have a Woman I could use if necessary, but I'd rather not rewrite all her hotkeys (she plays with Andune). My Elf can pass for Human with the right wardrobe/hairstyle though (at least in BBB videos she does) and has plenty of room for emotes/etc.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Rimbli

Yes I have a human. He is not in kin though. His name is Veriek. Just let me know what you need.

Awarded:

Byrcha, it sounds like Belyndil will do fine with a hair style to hide her ears. What role would you like? I recommend Party Crasher or Adopted Sibling. :)

I have no problem playing a human, if you want to put him in the kin as an alt, thats cool too. Byrcha is a better rper than I am, so she should get the merchant, if he is harder to rp.

Im here to serve

Awarded:

Rimbli wrote:
Byrcha is a better rper than I am

Maybe not (Yahr just thinks he's better :P )! But your alt doesn't have to be in the kin to do this; Yahr is in one of our satellite kins.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Y'all are so considerate. Hugs all around! :)

It's true that these characters don't need to be members of the LMB. We'll join a Fellowship to communicate.

Byrcha, if you want to be the dwarf merchant with Yahr...
...then Rimbli, who would you like to play? I want to make sure you get something you'll enjoy.

Lilikate volunteered to be our farmer. I think Lhinnthel volunteered to be the adopted sibling.

Now we just need...
* Banker - A close friend (some say conspirator) of the host, a shark of contract law and lending.
* Party Crasher - This beguiling yet uninvited guest secretly came for more than free gourmet food.

Banker and Sibling do best as humans, Party Crasher is great as a human or hobbit.

Ill take either, but i think would be easier for me to play a Banker.

Oh, I'd love to play the party crasher!

*goes off to ponder which of her characters would best suit the role*

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Rimbli

I'm looking forward to this. I already know, tearna did it. just look at her. Hobbit profiling.

Awarded:

Rimbli wrote:
I'm looking forward to this. I already know, tearna did it. just look at her. Hobbit profiling.

hahaha, yeah she does look guilty of something, pie rustling at the very least.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here's a possible role assignment list. Please let me know what you think. If you're happy with your part, let me know the race, gender and name of the characters you could use for the role. Either gender is good for all roles, humans are the preferred race, except for the Merchant who should be a dwarf.

Lilikate -- Farmer. This is a moderate difficulty role with a lot of information to present.
Byrcha -- Merchant. This is a challenging role with a dark edge. S/he's sort of like Thorin right after Erebor is reclaimed.
Rimbli -- Banker. This is a challenging role with a dark edge. S/he's like a stock market shark.
Lhinnthel - Adopted sibling. A straight-forward role with a lot of emotion.
Tearna - Party crasher. A straight-forward role with great opportunity for invented back-story.

Esyae - Chief Investigator, if you'd like the role. You'd be giving two speeches and roleplaying quite a bit. You would also be the source of very important tips on how to solve the mystery.

Road Wardens - We currently have none, but these aren't too difficult to recruit closer to the event. The road warden job is very simple - help participants find the six roleplay locations. It's actually quite an important job!

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: