Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Novice Routine

The novice team meets on Tuesdays at 9:30pm /servertime. This is the thread for discussion of the +62% speed mount riding team routine. This first post will be updated with the latest information found in the rest of the thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current News/To-Do List - Updated 2/19

There is one practice (?) and one dress rehearsal left!

We will have a Mardi Gras event with a horse parade from Bree to the festival grounds (this was very popular last year), a fireworks show, a band playing themed music, a riding demonstration, and anything else that you like.

+ Unless there is a change, we will be performing at the Horsefields near the Bree festival grounds.
+ Print a copy of the cheat sheet (see link below) so that we can do the entire routine without breaks.
+ Lifebringer and Brenthiel will wear green, Lindenel and Lhinnthel will wear purple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Performance Details

Theme: Mardi Gras
Steed: Prized Rivendell
Date/Time: Saturday, March 1 at 2:30pm EST/servertime
Music: Three songs together (http://roll3d6.com/abc/carnival/5-(Kira)BlueTimesMambo.txt) at 10min,52secc. Also please download all Carnival songs (http://roll3d6.com/abc/Carnival.zip).
Uniform: Hauberk of the Mirrormere in Forest Green (riders A&B), Purple (riders C&D), or Ered Luin Blue (drummers). Padded shoes in the same color. No cloak, hat, gloves, or cloak/packs.

Maneuver Diagrams: PDF Version -- DOCX Version -- JPEG Version Page 1, Page 2, Page 3 & Page 4
Cheat Sheets: JPEG Version -- Word Doc -- PDF Version
NOTE: The maneuver diagram do not match the video exactly. Small changes may be made to help the routine flow smoothly. The maneuver diagram is the accurate reference. The diagrams are now complete.

War Steed Parade Line-Up: Michel Delving (Lhin+Byrcha), Hunter's (Kira+Lhin), Reveller's (Kira+Byrcha), Snow Beast (Kira+Life), Rohirrim Elite (Lhin+Life), Withywindle (Kira+Lhin), Hammerhand (Lhin+Byrcha), and Rhun (Kira+Byrcha).

On event day, remember to bring:

* Anniversary, Summerdays, Elf, Dwarf, Man or Hobbit fireworks. Anything that launches high.
* Your war steed cosmetics for the parade, however many you can slot.
-- Byrcha - Michel Delving, Reveller's, Hammerhand, and Rhun.
-- Lhinnthel - Michel Delving, Hunter, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, and Hammerhand.
-- Lifebringer - Snow Beast and Rohirrim Elite. (Please let me know if you get a new one before the show.)
-- Lindenel - Please equip the team uniform in blue in an extra slot, so that you can do the announcing.
* A musical instrument.
-- Byrcha - Horn
-- Lhinnthel - Horn
-- Lifebringer - Drum
-- Lindenel - Lute
* Your uniform in the proper color.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Routine Details

Riding assignments: A)Lifebringer, B)Brenthiel, C)Lindenel, D)Lhinnthel
Video of real horses performing the routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHghWsx1np8

We will use voice chat to coordinate maneuvers. Emotes are not possible in the horsefields.

For this performance, we will be entering/exiting at the south gate, instead of the traditional north gate.
We will enter in block formation and leave in column formation.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/04/16 8:07 am; edited 25 times in total

Awarded:

The idea of a Mardi Gras event with a parade and riding team performance sounds like a wonderful idea! If we stay with Mardi Gras theme, the Rivendell steed or Fireworks Laden both seem like a good choice, though there might be other ones for lower levels -- I'll have to see which ones I have already!

I love the Westement Skirmish armour outfit that you posted, it's very fancy looking -- it would look nice with Rivendell and I think Westemnet Battle Armour would look lovely with Fireworks laden steed!

I watched the video for the routine and it is great! I think it is definitely doable and there are so many interesting maneuvers! I will go through my steed list later and post the ones I have, cannot wait to get started!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Zalana and Byrcha, are you available on Saturday, March 1 at 2:30pm /servertime?
What horse and outfit would you like to use?

This is a perfect time for new members to join. We have a new routine nobody really knows yet, so you can learn it along with everyone else. We're not using war steeds, so there's no level requirement. If we use a reputation steed, we will provide you with the necessary items to become Kindred with that faction. Give it a try!

Awarded:

A Mardi Gras theme is a wonderful idea! March 1 probably works for me.

An opportunity to use the Lissuin Steed would be nice, but if not everyone has it (was that a Spring Festival steed?) then using the Esteldin-rep or Rivendell-rep horses would be my choice. I even have near-level characters who can help there.

The outfit will likely depend on the choice of horse, or vice versa. (btw, who wears a Robe to an Assault?? :P) Probably need to see them in-game. Perhaps something gold to go with the Rivendell horse. The various greens above might work for Lissuin.

Also fyi, I will probably be a bit late this Tuesday night but should be there at some point.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The traditional Mardi Gras colors are purple, gold and green. Masks are a big part of traditional outfits.

If we use the Esteldin steed, the saddle blanket is green, so we could wear purple and gold.
The Lissuin horse has a nice masked appearance with green, so we could wear purple and gold with it, too.
If we use the Rivendell horse, the tack is gold, so we would probably wear purple and green.

I sort of like the Elf Ambassador's steed for a few reasons. It has a very neutral color, it has a fancy flag, and it's a +68% steed. I know Byrcha and I have this horse.

I think we'll look better doing our routine on a faster moving steed, which is why I mentioned a +68% on the list. If I'm not mistaken, they walk slightly faster than +62% horses. Perhaps we can test this out. Does anyone know for certain?

How many of you have the Journeyman Riding skill?

Novice team members, please let us know if you have the Lissuin and/or Elf Ambassador steed. These are mounts that we can't get for you. (Although we could help with the Ambassador horse.)

If you get a chance, please check your entry in the team roster here: http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?page_id=1894
Email or post any updates, thanks!

Awarded:

I do have Lissuin and think it's a beautiful steed. I do not have Elf Ambassador, I'll see how close I am to getting it, once I can get into game. The Ambassador horse would be fantastic in the parade/routine and if everyone who wants to participate is able to get it. I do not have the journeyman riding skill and I'm unlikely to get it anytime soon. Also, March 1st should be fine for me as well!

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I forgot that my daughter's chorus concert is this evening so I may be late to practice! I will be there asap, though.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here's the news after the 12/17 practice session:

Welcome Novice Team members Byrcha, Caiyyd, Craicwyth, Lhinnthel, Lifebringer, Meneloth, and Sidhil!

We are just starting to learn the new routine, so now is the perfect time to join! This team is specifically tailored for first-time riders.

+ Please post or email (kiralynn@roll3d6.com) your list of available steeds. I need to update the team roster. Thanks!

+ Unless there is a change, we will be performing at the Horsefields near the Bree festival grounds.

+ Make sure you have the Hauberk of Mirrormere in your bank wardrobe.

+ Mail Kiralynn if you need Forest Green, Purple, or Ered Luin Blue dye for your hauberk. Riders will wear green or purple, while musicians will wear blue hauberks during the performance.

+ We will be riding the Rivendell reputation steed. If you already have it, please visit Goblin Town to gather reputation items for Sidhil and Meneloth. (Sidhil and Meneloth, please post when you have the steed and mail any extra reputation items to Mithindel, thanks!)

+ Please equip a cosmetic slot with Hauberk of the Mirrormere for Tuesday practices. Wear a pair of shoes or boots that you think will match. We'll vote on which footwear to use next week.

+ We need 4 or 8 riders and four musicians for the show.

Well done, everyone! We're going to look amazing for our show!

Looking forward to this and will do, Kira. Thank you all ahead of time for helping us gain rep with Rivendell.

Now to study the routine!

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Updates have been made to the first post with the latest information.

NEWS:

Uniform: Hauberk of the Mirrormere in Forest Green (riders A&B), Purple (riders C&D), or Ered Luin Blue (drummers).

Maneuver Diagrams: PDF Version -- DOCX Version -- JPEG Version Page 1
NOTE: The maneuver diagram may not match the video exactly. Small changes may be made to help the routine flow smoothly. The maneuver diagram is the accurate reference.

At this time, the first 9 maneuvers are documented in the diagram. This will give us plenty to work on next week. If you are not familiar with reading maneuver diagrams, please watch the video, pausing after each maneuver, and compare what you see to the diagram. That will help it make sense.

Please print a copy of the diagram or otherwise have it available for next week's practice.

Awarded:

Okay here's another update:

I have a piece of music that's 5 minutes, 30 seconds long. This should be enough to cover the routine. You can check it out here:
http://roll3d6.com/abc/carnival/45-%28Kira%29GoodTimes.txt or http://roll3d6.com/abc/carnival/45-(Kira)GoodTimes.txt

This really sounds best with 5 musicians.

Using the same number of musicians on the same instruments, to prevent the need for switching between songs, we can also play this song:
http://roll3d6.com/abc/carnival/45-%28Kira%29MardiGrasMambo.txt or http://roll3d6.com/abc/carnival/45-(Kira)MardiGrasMambo.txt
It's 2 minutes, 10 seconds long and would work well during fireworks, group dancing, or some other part of the show.

What do you think?

Awarded:

Do you think we should all try to pick up the Wintertide steed and caparison to use at a future performance? To me, it doesn't look like holiday tack. It might be nice to have. Thoughts?

Today was my first day at the yule event; I think the mount is great though I'm not 100% sure how easy or otherwise it is to attain. I'm doing my best to complete all the quests :)

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

This week is Christmas Eve and next week is New Year's Eve. Attendance is completely optional. We will wait until the following meeting to start on the new routine. For those who are available, we can have some fun gathering reputation items, taking group photos, riding together in uniform playing music, launching fireworks, and so on. (If you have a cool idea, please post it!)

Thank you, Kira!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: