Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Two Steeds For December

This month there are two new steeds with matching war steed cosmetics in the LotRO store.

First up is the Steed of the Withywindle for 1,995 Turbine Points. The saddle is beautiful leather with gold trim. The rider sits in a good position, so this is a fine saddle to add to your collection. The rest of the tack is nice and the caparison is the perfect size, however there will always be green in the design regardless of how you dye it.
Forum Image

The big surprise this month is the Steed of Bree. Available only from the 6th to the 12th, this steed comes with lovely gear and amazing tack. The golden horn is amazing and the lit torch is an interesting touch. The tack dyes particularly well.
Forum Image

Sadly, it costs 4,995 turbine points, which comes out to $50. Most people are going to find this too expensive for a virtual, purely cosmetic item. Tales of Arda has already purchased one, so click here to see what it looks like.

Awarded:

You can also find 'mannequins' of these at various stables, if you want an in-game glimpse. I saw the Withywindle steed at Snowbourn last night.

It is nice that the Bree steed is account-wide. Not $50-nice, but still nice.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Is it? It doesn't mention this on the LOTRO store web page. Where did you find that mentioned, for future reference?

Awarded:

I thought I saw it on the in-game store page for the Bree steed. The only other place I looked was the announcement in the LOTRO forums.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

re: Re: Two Steeds For December

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

The big surprise this month is the Steed of Bree. Available only from the 6th to the 12th, this steed comes with lovely gear and amazing tack. The tack dyes particularly well.

Glad to see the pic from Tales of Arda--the colors there look a lot less like a pack of Sweet Tarts than the promotional banner makes it seem.

And the Withywindle looks pretty good.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If there was a 1,995 TP single-character version, I'd buy it.

Awarded:

Ooh, I really like the look of the Withywindle! I do hope it's still in the store after the holidays when I'll have some cash to buy it!

d'oh, I should read the post before I reply! Hmm, available until 12/31? I just may be able to swing that!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: