Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Winter Celebration and Talent Show - Sat Dec 14 at 2pm ST

I'm going to ride my Yule Festival Glittering Horse during the parade to the ranch, with a matching outfit, the Yule Tunic and Pants in Evendim blue. (I'm actually switching to the Short-sleeved Summer Dress in Rivendell green once I get there.) I picked that steed because it's one that most people have, in case you'd like to ride along on a matching horse.

We'll be moving at +62% so that everyone can keep up. Please make sure to engage your "Smell the Roses" buff if necessary.

When we line up for the parade, please group behind me in a two-by-two line, thanks!

Awarded:

We're doing good for pipeweed, ale and fireworks! My sincere thanks to everyone who sent supplies.

The only thing we're lacking now is holiday food. If you are able to make deserts, I would love to buy them. Feel free to send them COD for a fair price.

Thank you and I hope to see you there!

Any particular types of deserts you're looking for?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

It is 1:20am. I have been awake for almost 24 hours. My visit to the dentist went fine but it's not letting me sleep. So, I am trying to level a farmer/cook from scratch. I have a ton of pie fillings. I'm going to try to figure out where pie crusts come from next. So, I should be able to make some apple, raspberry, and strawberry... pies? And some perfect pies, which really ought to be called blackberry pies but... whatever.

If you happen to be able to make something very wintry, like hot chocolate or minced meat, feel free to send some over COD. Otherwise I think we'll have a fair number of snacks for the party. Thanks!

Awarded:

On Saturday, a crowd of nearly fifty people gathered at Windy Acres Ranch for a talent contest and winter celebration. Thirteen contestants lined up for a chance to entertain the crowd and earn their votes. The cold winter night was full of anticipation!
Forum Image

The event began with an equestrian parade, guiding guests to the ranch from the Prancing Pony. Almost fifty riders joined the procession on beautiful steeds. The variety of festive winter clothing was amazing. Residents of Bree stared in awe as the group rode by.
Forum Image

The sky threatened rain but the weather held as the group made their way across the scenic countryside. The ride to Windy Acres Ranch in the Raglan neighborhood was pleasant. The sounds of hooves on cobblestone and jingling tack could be heard for miles.
Forum Image

The riders arrived at the ranch and celebrated with fireworks. The sun went down behind a thick bank of storm clouds and a chill wind began to blow, so the group made their way indoors. Visitors found banquet tables of fine ale, pipe-weed, pies and other fancy foods waiting for them, thanks to the expert cooks of the Lonely Mountain Band.

Once the crowd had settled, the talent contest began. Addoc started off the show with a joke about a dwarf trying his hand at ice fishing. Kyrweth suffered a bout of stage fright, so Kikilaa took the stage to play "We Wish You A Merry Yulefest". Desspereaux played a lovely song about two young sisters and their spirit friends of the forest. Adonas played "Consider Yourself". Louellana took the stage with a band of hobbits to play a rousing song. Dallofin told the story of Rindercella, followed by jokes from Bluecup. Mithrilfist entertained the crowd with an audience participation story called "A Miracle in the Barrow Downs". Larkfeather shared winter humor and Estelali sang a ballad of travel and adventure. Kaleigh played a harp and sang about heroes of the Shire. Dallarien wrapped up the show with a song about true love, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

The audience danced during the musical performances with amazing skill.
Forum Image

Finally, it was time for the audience to vote for the winners. Addoc received an honorable mention for his humorous performance. Mithrilfist won 10 gold and a festive holiday mug for third place. Kaleigh came in second, winning 20 gold and a holiday mug. Louellana was voted the audience favorite, winning 1,600 Turbine Points, 25 gold and a sprig of holly. The crowd cheered and threw flower petals as the prizes were awarded.
Forum Image

The next event was a winter trivia contest. Kiralynn asked the crowd a series of twelve questions, each one more difficult than the last. The first people to shout out the correct answer earned points. Lhinnthel earned an honorable mention. Elevenses came in third and won a festive holiday mug. Tinylea was quite clever and won second place, earning a holiday mug. Gingerbreadlass proved to be the master of winter trivia and was awarded a rare Steed of the First Marshal.

Breakfast Club took the stage and kicked off the party with a perfect assortment of holiday music. The audience danced enthusiastically and cups of strong alcoholic beverages were passed around. The hall was filled with joy.
Forum Image

Les Chantefables played an amazing concert to a wildly inebriated crowd. Their matching holiday outfits were adorable. The collection of traditional songs made everyone appreciate time spent with friends and family.
Forum Image

Click here to view the full set of event photos.

Finally the party came to an end. Many thanks to generous Banders who donated tasty food and fun fireworks. Sincere thanks to Breakfast Club and Les Chantefables for bringing true holiday spirit to the event. The next Windy Acres event takes place on January 18th during Winterstock. Get ready for the Blue Mountain Classic race at Thorin's Hall, followed by a mounted winter-themed fashion contest.

Happy holidays! May you have health and happiness in abundance!

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: