Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: New Market Item - All Class Steeds for $150

Here is the link to the news and discussion about the market deal for all class steeds. I'd love to hear your feedback:

http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?p=4091

Awarded:

Link does not work for me, but I cannot see paying 150 dollars for a collection of virtual horses.
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Link does not work for me, but I cannot see paying 150 dollars for a collection of virtual horses.

What he said :)

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Dellphinia

I'll third that. $150 - wow!
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

$150 is steep, virtual or not. Since much of marketing is psychological, they might have been better served to offer it at $99.00; three-digits is scarier than two. Since the regular price is $19.95, and there haven't been any sales lately (IIRC), $99 would be like getting 8(?) for the cost of 5. Granted, $99 is still pricey (hopefully it is account-wide?), but it might convince the folks who were going to buy 3 anyway to trade up.

Also, it's a bit curious to offer it now, especially at not much savings, since the steeds have been available for what 2 years and most current players will already have them if they wanted them. They must expect a big influx of players for HD who don't already have those steeds (and who have cash to burn beyond the cost of HD in the first place).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

It's fun for the rich!

I'm not paying $150 for virtual horses, even if they were account-wide.

Just saying! =)

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Nevanna

It is account wide, every horse for every character you have (and maybe ever will have). But yeah, too steep for me too. Had it been $99 I might have sprung for it.

Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

While it is indeed a good sale mathematically when you consider the original price
( $19.95 x 9 = $179.55 just for one character, and this is account-wide )
I only see people buying one class mount per character at most to fit their class, and nobody really needs all the class mounts on all their characters - so it seems highly unnecessary.

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

There has been a lot of interest in offering much higher priced items.

If Turbine was going to convince you to spend $40 or more on something other than an expansion, what would it be?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
There has been a lot of interest in offering much higher priced items.

If Turbine was going to convince you to spend $40 or more on something other than an expansion, what would it be?

I'd pay 40 bucks for a massive cosmetic bundle of some sort--but it'd have to be unavailable in-game, exclusive stuff. I'm also not averse to paying 40 bucks for non-expansion content, like quest packs or instances (I actually just DID pay $40 bucks for exactly that in DCUO).

But bottom line, I'd rather make a lot of little purchases than one big purchase. I appreciate that they want all my money forever, but that's just not possible given how much I get paid.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Suncho

How about a serious housing change?

I'd pay the cost of Helm's Deep for a serious housing change that gave us everything we could think of and then some, including but not limited to free placement of decorations inside and out, bigger houses with more rooms including kitchens, fireplaces with fires in them, instanced housing in Bree and Rivendell and Lothlorien and other cool places, storage (unlimited) for all housing decorations (bound or not), etc.
Nevanna

Suncho wrote:
How about a serious housing change?

I'd pay the cost of Helm's Deep for a serious housing change that gave us everything we could think of and then some, including but not limited to free placement of decorations inside and out, bigger houses with more rooms including kitchens, fireplaces with fires in them, instanced housing in Bree and Rivendell and Lothlorien and other cool places, storage (unlimited) for all housing decorations (bound or not), etc.

Along with barns and stables for all these horses. Housing is what I'd beg them to take my money for. But, even if they did give us everything we could want...I doubt I would spend $150 on any single package, that is just too big of a chunk of money. Smaller packages, smaller prices, and yeah I would spend it. I probably would even spend a large chunk, IF it were something I truly wanted...but having one class steed for each of my characters is plenty with all the horses they already can get for free.

Suncho

Oh I forgot. RE: the class steeds. They seriously need to state explicitly that the class steed bundle includes all the cosmetic bundles for warsteeds, if they want anyone anywhere to even think about buying it.

Do that, and drop it to $99 and they may sell some.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Yeah, I thought of housing expansion also. More rooms, more hooks, varied exterior decoration (not just hooks, but porch/facade/roof/window differences and exterior paint options). Might as well add more storage chests while they're at it, too.

A barn/stable/pasture feature where when you walk up you see each of your horses standing there. Doesn't have to be clickable or have motion (latter would be very nice), but if I have 4 dozen horses I want to see a freaking herd in my yard! Failing that, a small stable/barn with 1-2 horses sticking their heads through the door -- but they should be from among the kinds that I already have, not some random horse I don't have.

And yeah, kinda like the barter wallet, I'd pay for unlimited vault storage. Maybe not $40+, but I would definitely pay TP for unlimited storage or even semi-limited (1000-2000 slots). Might as well go for unlimited wardrobe space too.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

My problem with buying horse packs and upgrades like this is that they haven't fixed the bug where riders saddle-bounce, out of sync with the horses. They still haven't fixed some of the war steed cosmetics that don't dye correctly. War steed speed control is still "iffy". There are a number of other equestrian bugs as well; the response seems to be that they don't think enough of us care about them to fix it. I imagine all of you have /bug reported such things, but apparently that wasn't sufficient. I'm not willing to pay as much for a semi-functional, partly-broken cosmetic upgrade.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: