Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Windy Acres at the Fellowship Walk

We can show up at the Ford or not, whichever you prefer, depending on the schedule. I had the notion that we were making appearances at the places that the Black Riders did in the movies. This coming Saturday, I have to be at the Ranch by 4pm to be ready for the Solve-A-Mystery contest. We moved it up so that we wouldn't overlap the Walk, so I sincerely hope that if a Walk segment starts at 4pm that it doesn't last more than half an hour.

Our issue is we have a party planned and still have to reach the 4k mark before we can walk.

Myst had planned the Riders to behave as they do in the novels/films and I love the idea that we have our own Flight to the Ford.

I have 3 bands booked from 2.00pm and a trivia.
Band 1-30 mins
Band 2-15 mins
Band 3-45 (but not yet solidly confirmed)

My trivia would eat and hour but I am scaling it back with less questions to limit it to half an hour also.

With all these factors to consider if you could not manage to attend Saturdays Event I would totally understand.

I will be finished at 4.30 where ever we are. I want to come to a Mystery :)

Awarded:

The Fellowship Walk organized by LOTRO Players proved to be an exciting event for the Windy Acres riding team. Lilikate Buggins and Mysteri invited the team to participate as Black Riders, stalking and eventually confronting the Fellowship Walkers on their long path to Rivendell. The team was happy to join the fun. They gathered on Wardrobe Street to pick out intimidating black outfits with matching tack.

Forum Image

In the books, the Black Riders are ring wraiths, kings and warriors of old that fell under the thrall of a Ring of Power and the will of Sauron. They entered into the realm of shadows and became the Enemy's most terrible servants. Darkness rode with them and they wailed with the voice of death.

Our Black Riders searched the hills of the Shire for signs of the Walkers, those generous heroes who braved the dangerous roads to raise money for sick children in hospitals.

Forum Image

Lilikate led them down the roads from Hobbiton. The group rested occasionally for music and storytelling. Eventually, the Black Riders caught sight of their prey.

Forum Image

These wraiths called out to others of their ilk, increasing the danger to the Walkers.

Forum Image

The Black Riders continued to pursue the hobbits, elves, dwarves, and men who had assembled for a noble purpose. Fortunately, Lilikate was able to lead the group through deep woods and secluded glens, giving the Riders the slip.

Forum Image

The Black Riders gathered in even greater numbers. As the Walkers approached the refuge of Weathertop, they were spotted crossing the foothills. The chase was on and the thundering of hooves could be heard as the group raced up the narrow paths of Amon Sûl.

Forum Image

The Walkers were forced to defend themselves, warding off the Black Riders with fire. The heroes lit campfires, launched fireworks, waved sparklers, held up lanterns, and shouted bravely to drive off the evil wraiths. The Riders retreated before the sun rose.

Forum Image

For a time, the Walkers continued their journey in peace. Little did they know that danger lurked just around the corner.

Forum Image

The Black Riders caught up with them once again at the legendary Ford of Bruinen.

Forum Image

Finally, the wraiths were driven off for good. The group followed Lilikate up the hidden trails to the beautiful Rivendell Valley where they were safe at last. There was much celebration - ale, pipe-weed, music, and a horse parade. Mithrilfist was voted to have the best equestrian fashion. In the end, $5902.50 was raised for Child's Play!

Please join us next year for another amazing Fellowship Walk!

Awarded:

I've got to say, the whole Black Riders thing was very good - gratz to the team!

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

It was a whole lot of fun too!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aldekim
Officer

In a word...SWEET

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: