Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Team Uniform

Greetings!

Craicwyth is coming up with a war steed routine for us to perform.
We need a somewhat armor-ish outfit to wear and fairly matching tack.
Let's see if we can get some suggestions up and vote on this before next Wednesday.
Whatever we choose needs to be something that can be shared, or easily obtained using some sort of trade points (IE: skirmish marks).
Keep in mind that long hauberks look strange mounted. Avoid anything longer than knee-length.

Here is a great place to look at crafted armor:
http://lotro.northshield.co.uk/ArmourIndex.htm

Here is a link to outfits:
http://www.northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/Outfitter/Outfitter.htm

Some of the outfits I like:
* Decorative Hauberk in black. A very dramatic outfit in black, red, orange and yellow.
* Hauberk of the Eagle's Crest in white. The navy goes with everything and it is an uncommon outfit.
* Hauberk of the Eorlingas or the white Westfold version. Very detailed and appropriate for a war steed demo.
* Long-sleeved Summer Tunic and Pants in crimson. A touch of armor but still a light riding outfit.
* Short Elven Robe dyed umber. A classic leather riding outfit.
* Well-worn Robe in black. This puts more emphasis on the steeds than us.
* Armor of the Seven Stars (or similar) in white. It really looks nice with golden embroidery in white. Click here to see it: http://roll3d6.com/banders/steeds/horse-mathom.jpg

Here they are, but not in their proper colors:

Decorative Hauberk
Forum Image

Eagle's Crest
Forum Image

Eorlingas
Forum Image

Westfold
Forum Image

Long-Sleeved Summer Tunic
Forum Image

Short Elven Robe
Forum Image

Well-Worn Robe
Forum Image

Seven Stars
Forum Image

Please choose a couple of these that you like or post your own.
Your suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/01/22 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

What do you think of the Harvest festival tunic, Kira?

Dyed umber:
Forum Image

Dyed purple to show dyeable area:
Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

That's a nice outfit and I do have it available for sharing on Wardrobe Street.

What do y'all think?

The harvest festival tunic looks like it would look nice on all races. A number of the hauberks don't really look that great on hobbits and/or dwarves, though I don't know if you're trying to keep the performers to all big people.

Additionally the tattered tunic & trousers, and the snow-dusted traveler's stuff look good on all races, and also dye nicely.

-2 cents worth.

Suncho
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The time for procrastination is over. Let's get the ball rolling.
Post your ideas and vote today or live with whatever uniform Craicwyth and I agree on.
*insert evil laugh here* twisted

Awarded:

Surprisingly, I have been doing a little work on developing outfits. Since the team is mostly ladies, I decided to have my burglar, Findaraiel, do the modeling.

First we have a mundane number in Cream, brown, and green; dull and earthy tones to evoke thoughts of Autumn:

Forum Image

The jackets in all these ensembles is unbindable, so can be freely shared. However, the 'Rune-Stitched Dunlending Leggings' are bound, so here is an alternative:

Forum Image

However, knowing my propensity to favor browns, I wanted to present something more daring. So here is another suggestion, in purples and oranges, though not too garish:

Forum Image

And with alternative pants:

Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

What did y'all decide on?

Awarded:

Decide? Well, upon further review, after equipping the Sutcrofts warsteed cosmetics and noting their (lack of) dye pattern, I don't know that that would work with anything other than 'rust' among the standard/free dyes. Same for Norcrofts (if/when that one is not invisible for others). There is too much that remains brown, so it stands out. I don't recall what the other two 'croft' cosmetics look like atm.

Re clothing, for me the Elvish option would be better if we were riding Elvish rep type horses since it doesn't look armor-y to me.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Engwar

Byrcha wrote:
Re clothing, for me the Elvish option would be better if we were riding Elvish rep type horses since it doesn't look armor-y to me.

Yeah I guess that would be my only issue with the jacket as well, it isn't very "Armor Like" So with that said I think we need to decide what it is we are going for in a team "uniform"? Are we going for a parade uniform or battle uniform? Yes I agree the jacket has many advantages, easy to acquire and dye, but I think that it falls into that "parade" category. If it's a battle uniform we want then we may want to consider the Eorlingas uniform without the cape, we could use the Sutcroft warsteed look dyed green to match the uniform.

However if we want a battle uniform that is easy to acquire and dye then I would suggest the leather hauberk(comes with wrist guards)pictured here http://www.northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/Outfitter/Hauberk/Hauberk.htm we could easily dye it to match the Sutcroft or any other warsteed look for that matter.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Eragwar wrote:
Byrcha wrote:

Yeah I guess that would be my only issue with the jacket as well, it isn't very "Armor Like" So with that said I think we need to decide what it is we are going for in a team "uniform"? Are we going for a parade uniform or battle uniform? Yes I agree the jacket has many advantages, easy to acquire and dye, but I think that it falls into that "parade" category. If it's a battle uniform we want then we may want to consider the Eorlingas uniform without the cape, we could use the Sutcroft warsteed look dyed green to match the uniform.

However if we want a battle uniform that is easy to acquire and dye then I would suggest the leather hauberk(comes with wrist guards)pictured here http://www.northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/Outfitter/Hauberk/Hauberk.htm we could easily dye it to match the Sutcroft or any other warsteed look for that matter.

I think this is a very good point. Perhaps we save the elvish look for a future performance that we perform on a standard/rep Elvish horse? The green Eorlings or the white Westfold hauberk are more warsteed to me, too. Or, if we don't want to go with pre-order clothing, the leather hauberk is a nice alternative that isn't too flashy yet looks nice and can be dyed well to match any of the appearances we discussed. Also, the more I look at them, the more I think that a hauberk goes better with the warsteed uniform look.

In the end though, I think we will look good in whatever we decide to wear! :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Remind me: are skirmish cosmetics bound to char/account? If we want something unique, we could spend some Wednesdays skirmishing until we have a routine to practice. Or maybe one of those rarer tailor-recipe hauberks? But I'm fine with the Eorlingas or Westfold looks too.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lien Skywillow

I like the Decorative Hauberk and the Seven Stars. I LOVE the Harvest festival tunic.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Just to clarify, we pick a new team uniform for each performance.

This routine will be our first on war steeds. The most number of votes was to have something more armor-ish looking than parade style when it comes to tack.

I have no problem with skirmishing as a group for Marks to pick up new cosmetic items.
On a side note, I picked up two more caparisons today, I think Sutcrofts and Entwash. I picked up the one from Rook and the one with the harp on it.

Is there anyone who can't spend 595 TP to unlock an equipment dye pack?
Click here to see the list of which colors come in each pack.

I have no problem with picking up a dye pack, but I do get free TP per month anyway. I also like the idea of doing some skirms to go for something unique.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Okay, I'm going to post 3 more options in case one of them makes y'all go WOW! and breaks the stalemate.

First up, available on Wardrobe Street:

Minus the shoulders. This one doesn't suffer from that bad "skirting" problem when mounted.
Forum Image

May be available to us all via questing:

Looks much nicer dyed a different color.
Forum Image

Also looks better with dyes.
Forum Image

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: