Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Riding Club at the Fellowship Walk

Hello, riding team members and fellow equestrian enthusiasts!

We have been asked to help out with the upcoming Fellowship Walk fundraiser in October.

In particular, there are three events we're well suited for.

* A horse race and/or riding team demo in Green Hills country.
* A "wraith chase" from the Weather Hills up to Weathertop. We'll dress as black riders and chase the walkers up to the peak.
* A fashion contest in Rivendell at the end of the walk.

If you're interested in volunteering to help with any of these, please post and let me know.
Thank you for helping to raise money for the Child's Play charity!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/08/06 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I'll volunteer! Though ... a hobbit-wraith stretches things a bit, so maybe I'll do that part on an alt. Do we know when this would be?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Third week of October, so we have some time to prepare. I'll post the specific dates, times and locations as soon as I have them.

I'll see what sort of black "wraith" costume pieces we have on Wardrobe Street. If you have any ideas, please post the item name. We'll need items that can be shared, especially Cosmetic class items.

If you want to be a wraith, please post and list which standard horses you have that might fit the bill, along with any war steed caparisons that will look good in black. If we can't all match, perhaps we can have a theme.

We'll need several checkpoint judges if we have a horse race. We could do barrel racing, but that restricts people to war steeds.

don't have a *lot* of suggestions, but, depending on which version of black rider's we're going for...

I use a very simple hooded cloak, that dyes *almost* entirely black - I'll look up which one, but it's the one that's plain colored, hooded, but with one of those long tassels (?) down the back of the hood that ends in a little green jewel or some such - cloak of the galadrim, I *think*...

I'd recommend that, or a similar cloak either without the tassel (if there is one) or with the tassel but without the tiny little jewel

there are also a couple of pieces that are harder to find, but awesome for looking spooky - the multi-layered scalloped (best description I can think of) shoulder plates and gauntlets - they're a crafted design, I think - elven something somethings...low tier (somewhere in the first four) I think of metalcrafting - I'll have to look them up

but you know the ones I'm talking about - they're heavy armor pieces that look all spikey and scaley, and I recommend them for armored wraith looks

there's obviously the somewhat crazy crown-helmet heavy armor piece that almost certainly was designed to mimic the witch-king's armor headpiece style as well - I think I've saved one of those somewhere in my wardrobe

and black dye - obviously, we'd need a ton of black dye :)

lastly, the ranger headpiece (grey company somethingorother) - obviously, those would be somewhat rare, as people have to do the questline, and have kept the items around, to use them, and I think they're all bound, but it's one of the few options we have for hiding at least a portion of our faces while still having a hood

I'd love to participate, LOVE to be a chaser, as always, assuming the timing is right - but I don't have a jet-black horse, or anything close - I could buy a dye pack for a warhorse, or pick up one of the rep mounts that is black, if you can point me in the right direction

those are the best thoughts I have on the subject on short notice...I'll keep an eye out for anything else that works

p.s. - almost forgot, but depending on how serious/jovial you want the event to be, maybe lay in a stock of the pumpkin helmets - being chased by pumpkin-headed horseman might be almost as much fun - but of course, it would *change* the mood somewhat - more "Sleepy Hollow" than LOTR, but similar enough that you could get away with it, I think

oh, and skeleton horses would be awesome also

Awarded:

I too thought of the ranger cosmetics (Dunland rewards IIRC); I think I kept mine for just such an occasion so my alts can wear them. That mask is likely one of the few options outside the store for hood+mask.

Re horses, I think there are only two non-warsteed non-metadeed non-store horses which are black or nearly-black: the smokey from Mirkwood rep, and the standard bay from Hengstacers. The Angmar free peoples horse might work also, maybe even the Angmar ashen grey if it weren't for the saddle, since it would focus attention on the rider not the horse. But if it isn't a black horse, maybe a standard dark brown would be best. There are several store- or war-steeds which could work if variety is wanted, but the standard options are a good place to start.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Mysterixox

Hey there,

I am happy to provide any cosmetics you might need, if it is in my power to do so. I am only a level 39 LM at this stage so can only provide pretty standard stuff. :)

I will get the times and dates to you Kiralynn, I am just running a little behind on my admin duties, but you should get it today or tomorrow at the latest :)

I appreciate the support and help from everyone going into this year's Walk. We are hoping it will be truly awesome and fun for all.

Have fun
Myst :)

Awarded:

Here's the latest from Myst:

Quote:
23 Sept - 1st leg ending in Green Hill Country. Walk starts at 7pm Server time and I would hope we were at our destination no later than 8pm. There is a field near the Walk's end that might be suitable for your riding display. I will get the actual co ordinates of that for you when I next log into the game.

The other thing is, that if you want, it doesn't have to be at the end of the walk, it could be somewhere in the middle if there is an area you see that you would like to use.

Ok.. so after that, the dates actually get sketchy as we need to actually have money raised to progress.

So basically, the Walks will mainly be held on a Saturday, starting at 2pm. They may be up to 2 hours long. If there is a large jump in donations, we may find that we have to also walk on a Sunday. The time would still be the same. So as to when we would get to Weather Hills and have the Black riders chase us, well that is possibly the second Saturday of the Walk, which would be 5 October.

As this is all influenced by donations and auctions bids, it is hard to plan actual times. What I can do though is try and give you a few days at least warning as to when the next leg will be.

Here's what we need to move forward:

* Byrcha, you seemed interested in coming up with a good race route for the Green Hills Country stop. Would you like to be in charge of that?

* Craicwyth, are you interested in organizing the next formation riding routine? We'll need a routine by Wednesday, August 14th if we plan to perform it at (or near) the Fellowship Walk, since we'll need several weeks to practice. If you prefer to wait and plan one for later in the year, I can tackle a routine for the Walk and you can pick whatever date suits you - perhaps a winter holiday pageant!

* Does anyone have a strong preference for standard or war steeds? If we want to pick up the pace but keep the accuracy of "standard" steeds, do we want to purchase the +78% speed upgrade? That would make the standard horses walk noticeably faster.

* Would we rather have the riding team demo on the same day as the race in Green Hills Country, or would we rather do it as wraiths in the Weather Hills?

* Who would like to be in charge of Wraith costume planning? I can give you full access to wardrobe street, so that you can check out the available sharable garb.

* What can we offer for prizes at the race and fashion contest?

Please leave your feedback, thanks!

So wait, when is this happening? Third week of October, or 23 September, or 5 October?

If it's the former, I'm in. If the latter two ... I'll be offline, in the middle of an international move.

I do have the Grey Company mask and the Smokey Black horse on Limorel.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: