Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of this schedule?
Great, I'll be there at 2:30pm on Saturdays!
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Better at an earlier time on Saturdays.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better on Sundays at 2:30pm
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Better on Wednesdays at 9:00pm
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Doesn't matter to me, it's not my thing.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Windy Acres Proposed Schedule (Round Two) - Yea or Neigh?

I know everyone is very busy with post-Weatherstock and other things, so I decided a poll might be an easier way to get feedback from all of you.

Here is the proposed schedule for Windy Acres events. Please browse and vote on it. Thanks!

Saturdays at 2:30pm server time (EST):

* June 29: Rusham Stampede Rodeo - War steed barrel racing, comedy show, and mounted fashion contest. (Will be held in July if Weatherstock returns to June.)
* August 17: Bywater Steeplechase - Bywater in the Shire, fun run for standard steeds.
* September 21: Rivendell Challenge - Forsaken Inn to Rivendell cross country for war steeds.
* October 19: Solve A Mystery Contest - At the ranch in Raglan, Bree.
* November 16: Haunted Derby - Buckland to Barrow Downs and back for standard steeds.
* December 14: Winter Celebration - Holiday party, fireworks festival and talent contest. (Hopefully we'll have a mounted parade where everyone can ride their horses from Bree to the ranch.)
* January 18: Blue Mountain Classic - Thorin's Hall fun run and mounted winter fashion contest.
* February 22: Shadowfax Sprint - Minas Eriol, war steed race.
* March 15: Solve A Mystery Contest - At the ranch in Raglan, Bree.

This next part is "iffy"...
* April 12: Mathom and Chetwood Cup qualifier races.
* May 3: (SRC) Mithril and Moonstone Cup qualifier races, Bree Championship Cup.

If there's no fix for the "unknown speed" issue, we'll go with...
* April 12: Fellowship Fashion Contest - Look-alike for any of the LotR characters.
* May 3: Equestrian Extravaganza - Spring concert, horse parade, rare breeds show, mounted fashion contest, riding team demo, standard steed fun race, war steed fun race.

In general the schedule is fine. As for racing in general, it will have to change a lot if it is going to survive. With the new speed buff we can't monitor such things.

Racing is often referred to as the sport of kings. It is not a sport for those without considerable cash on hand, and I imagine it can only continue here in Lotro as a diversion for those with money. About the only way it can work would be as an anything goes event. All buffs and such permitted, if you can't afford them you are just out of luck. It's sad, but that seems to be the only remaining option.

I may try to run one in a few months, when the dust settles, just to see if there are enough such folks with the means and desire to race. I imagine it will end up like the Moors with one upmanship and in your face competitors. I'll think on it for a while first.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
`Tinki`
Officer

I am just positive horse racing can continue, but it will need to be a different style of racing. I wouldnt be afraid of any kind of point A to point B kind of race, and the more obstacles the better.

Gonna have to make a course that shows skill rather than speed. Swamps, cliffs, abrupt turns, all kinds of jumps. Maybe dont payout gold anymore? Just for fun stuff? Payouts make for a different kind of mindset, something just for fun shouldnt make it a too serious thing.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Does the buff affect warsteeds? If not, we can hold warsteed races using the old format (standings, prizes, etc.), though essentially the issues are the same: the course needs to be highly technical (read: more judges) so that riding skill/choices comes into play more than speed does. The fun-run format for low-level races will still be fine I'd think; if there are no prizes (or prizes for everyone) then no one is cheating and it is still a way to get lower-level folks involved.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I have no doubt that the creative minds of the LMB can work out rules that will suit us well enough. It won't be the same as it was before, but we can still make it fun.

Mostly, I want to work out the scheduling. I don't want to schedule a whole year of events and then find I have no volunteers and no racers showing up.

I think you will have little problem with volunteers, though as in the past it may be last minute volunteers. The concern with drawing racers could be more problematic. About the best you can do is schedule a race and see who shows up, then adjust your schedule from there.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Today is your last day to vote! Vote now! Thank you!

Jump to: