Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Aldekim
Officer

re: Windy Acres Rodeo -- Join the fun!

Two possible bands Kiralynn. You might try Aalloria and her Harpy's Crew (Aalloria is LMB and I think the entire band is alts, I have seen them play up to ten part songs this way), also you might try Fincin who does some all alts band play, too. Since both are all alts bands you would only need one player to consent and you are in business. You could also try Orladan and the Bright Star Band. To the best of my knowledge none of these is performing at Weatherstock in any way.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Honestly, I don't see what playing Weatherstock (or not) has to do with the rodeo, but I'm not going to debate it with anyone.

It doesn't have to be a formal band. Three people with a lute, a flute and a theorbo could play the ABC stuff I put out there. If there's a band with their own country music, that's fantastic, but not a necessity. If someone said, hey I'd love to play but I don't have anything for a rodeo, they could just download the ZIP file.

Surely we can round up 3 people who can play music, even if they don't have their own? Even one multi-boxed player would do.

Awarded:

As of this evening, we may have a possibility: Belinquent mentioned a band from the Riders of the Westfold kinship who, when queried, seemed interested. I have sent the leader (I think) a note with the various details and the playlist. Hopefully we will know soon.

Awarded:

Looking at the schedule, it occurs to me that there might be some confusion: we have both rodeo clown comedy segments *and* a rodeo clown talent contest. One is where we entertain the audience, the other is where the audience participates in a talent contest. It is too bad that we can't somehow have the talent-contest as the interludes between the other events (i.e. the clown comedy segments)? Also 2-4 minutes in between segments to get things organized is likely not long enough, especially when signing up folks for up to four different contests.

Hmm ... perhaps *require* the folks signing up for the rodeo clown contest to also participate as livestock and/or barrels and let them perform there? The problem of course is what do we do if no one else signs up as clowns?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Looking at the schedule, it occurs to me that there might be some confusion: we have both rodeo clown comedy segments *and* a rodeo clown talent contest. One is where we entertain the audience, the other is where the audience participates in a talent contest. It is too bad that we can't somehow have the talent-contest as the interludes between the other events (i.e. the clown comedy segments)?

In a talent show, there are usually 5 people who compete with terrible acts (having put virtually no work or thought into it), 2 people with fair acts, and 2 people with amazing acts. I was hoping to have our own rodeo clowns perform A)in case nobody signs up for the talent show or only poor acts and B)to ensure some genuinely good material. Also, I'm concerned that if we spread the competition acts out, the audience will have a hard time remembering who they want to vote for at the end.

You're right, 2-4 minutes may not be long enough. I'm hoping to take most of the sign-ups before the event starts, however, so that my 2-4 minute organization is just to switch groups and confirm all competitors are at their keyboard.

Will we have any luck recruiting two clowns?

In good news -- I have heard that a number of people from Die Meisterbarden have agreed to play the rodeo, since it is a Windy Acres event organized by me, where as Weatherstock is an LMB event organized by Harperella. A few may even act as cows! We do need more cows, however, as they will mostly be multi-boxes set to follow. We need some "live" cows to be herded, since the multi-box cows will only be useful to fill out the herd.

I'm still short two Rohan chandeliers -- the biggest non-moose model and the smallest one.

Hi Kira,

Do you need any publicity for your rodeo? I can post something on LOTROPlayers.com for you? Or post some already prepared material? I will try to play lotro on saturday sadly I cannot say for sure. I will pack my instruments and prepare the zip files. Alas I have already negotiated sunday at the desktop but I can try for a little time saturday too :)

Lilikate

Sorry to say that I do in fact have a real-life conflict that Saturday, so I won't be able to barrel for you. Good luck!

Officer

Awarded:

Lilikate wrote:
Do you need any publicity for your rodeo? I can post something on LOTROPlayers.com for you?

Yes, thank you very much!

Here's the LOTRO post with diagrams, German translation, and everything except the prizes (which I hope to add tonight).

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?513078-EVENT-Rusham-Stampede-Rodeo-Sat-June-29-Join-the-fun!

Awarded:

After Wednesday's meeting, here is what we know:

* Some members of Die Meisterbarden will show up to play music and perhaps be cows.

* Byrcha and Suncho will be our rodeo clowns. Byrcha has requested to perform in a single slot after the Team Penning competition, since she must leave at 3:45pm. (Suncho and Byrcha are working out the details and this is subject to change.)

* The two last needed prizes should be on the way. Thanks! *hugs*

* Someone will be filming the rodeo, so ignore the stealthy burglar. :)

* We need one more volunteer to be a barrel. All you need to do is wear a bright orange outfit. When the horses run by you, you can do a /cower, /angry or other appropriate humorous emote. (No /groundrolls or anything that will move you out of position, please.) Report to me if the horse actually touches you, as that is a score penalty.

* We need more "cows". All you need to do is wear something that you feel will look cute/animal-like with a donkey, chicken or pig mask. We also have a goat mask with big horns that looks a bit cow-like. I will have the masks in my inventory so that you can borrow and copy them before the show. Feel free to wear those furry/clawed boots from the Yule festival, or whatever you feel makes you look like livestock. Your job will be to run away from the horses when they herd you, in typical cow fashion. I'll also explain the basics before the show once we're all in a raid. It's really not difficult. If you can multi-box, please put some hobbit alts set to follow your main or someone else in the "cow" group.

Here is a perfect example:

Thank you all for helping and participating. This is going to be the best rodeo ever!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/06/28 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I still can play a barrel although I won't be able to come to the training run for that's far too late for me. I'll be there on Saturday and see if you can use me or not :)

There is now a post about your event on LOTROPlayers. I would have liked to have made the quality somwhat better but I just don't have any more time! So sleepy!

At least the word is out and there is a nice large link to your site!

Hugs

Lilikate

Awarded:

Thank you, Lilikate!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/06/28 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Kira, I've drafted a clown-skit for 1) opener (while you organize the livestock herding, this is the longest skit and can be made longer with more one-liners), 2) transition from the livestock herding, and 3) transition into the barrel-racing. For the third skit, I likely won't be there; also, it is intended that the two clowns are also barrels (but haven't been told this).

Suncho, I've sent you a PM with the text/emotes.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha, you and Suncho can be barrels if you want to be. Suncho did volunteer for that. Would you like to be a barrel? Does it affect the routine somehow?

Does this schedule work for you?

* 1 hour before - Start advertising and taking sign-ups. Begin organizing volunteers as they become available.
* 30 minutes before - Have the band start playing anything they like at the field so that early arrivals know they're in the right place. Rodeo clowns can tell jokes or do stunts to entertain if they're free.
* 3:00pm - Introduction and welcome to the rodeo. Band begins playing country songs.
* Rodeo clowns, longest segment. Meanwhile, organizing the team penning.
* Team penning competition. (I imagine we'll only have 1-3 groups competing.)
* Rodeo clown, short segment. Meanwhile, organizing the barrel racing.
* Barrel Racing competition.
* Rodeo clown, short segment. Meanwhile, organizing the fashion contest.
* Best Wrangler mounted fashion contest.
* Best Rodeo Clown talent contest.

I have left the mounted fashion contest and talent show for last because they tend to take the longest. I also pushed the Rodeo Clown talent show to the end so that it's not right up against one of your segments.

Meanwhile, here are the prizes we have lined up right now:

Team Penning (Both riders get prizes) -
* 1st Prize - Huge Rohan chandeliers + 5 gold
* 2nd Prize - Large Rohan chandeliers + 3g
* 3rd Prize - Small Rohan chandeliers + 1g

Barrel Racing -
* 1st Prize - Large Rohan cask + 5 gold
* 2nd Prize - Tapped Rohan keg + 3g
* 3rd Prize - Tapped Rohan mini-keg + 1g

Best Wrangler Fashion Contest -
* 1st Prize - Double Rohan horse post + 5 gold
* 2nd Prize - Tall Rohan horse post + 3g
* 3rd Prize - Standard Rohan horse post + 1g

Best Rodeo Clown Talent Contest -
* Rohan barrel of horseshoes + 5 gold
* 50 pouches of Wizard's Fire pipeweed + Braid of horse hair + 3g
* Hay stook + 1g

We have a pair of Long Rohan Tapestries in case there are any ties.

Thanks to Aldekim and the Lonely Mountain Free Press for donating prize gold!

We also have a Lorien Cowbell. I was considering letting the audience vote quickly after team penning for "best cow" and awarding the cowbell to that player. (It requires level 60+) What do you think?

EDIT:

Here is our latest sign-up list:
* Clowns (2): Byrcha and Suncho
* Barrels (3): Byrcha, Suncho and Floradine (backups Valtharon and Lindenel).
* Cows (8+): Isenquaver, Valtharon, Ninang/Suncho (?), Kikilaa (?), Byrcha(?), Lindenel (?), ???, ???, ???
* Musicians (3-5): Die Meisterbarden von Bree

As long as we get a few more "cows", we'll have a perfect line-up!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/06/28 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kiralynn, how much gold do you need for 2nd and 3rd place prizes. I am pretty well set for cash and can be a sponsor on behalf of the Lonely Mountain Free Press.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: