Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Fourth Routine

Here's a rough draft of what the Spring Racing Carnival schedule may look like. Does this date and time work for all of you?

Date: Saturday, May 17

Possible Schedule:
TimeHostLocationEvent Description
10am-11:45amLilikateShire/MDCross-country scavenger ride(s)
Noon-1pmHarper ??Michel Delving?Horse show/rare breeds parade + mounted fashion contest
1:30pm-2:30pm??????SRC music or races?
3pm-4:30pmAldekimShire racetrack4? sprints + final race
5pm-5:30pmCraicwythHorsefieldsFormation riding team demo
6pm-7:30pmKiralynnHengstacer farms?Rodeo (4 events)
8pm-9pmKiralynnHengstacer farms?Hengstacer Sprint (qualifier) + Bree Championship Cup
9pm - tilKeliHengstacer farms?SRC concert

Awarded:

Here is the next set of diagrams. I left the white space at the top so you can use your old sheet when you print it. The brown lines are intended to indicate walking.

Forum Image

As an explanation, the concentric circles are radii r and 2r; therefore, the inner group makes twice as many laps as the outer group. Also, the end points of the fifth maneuver shown should be roughly post 1.5 on the northern and southern walls. The Eastern and Westernmost points of the medium sized circles should be the gate posts on the northern and southern walls. If anyone dislikes their position, I may be able to rearrange the order. Here is a rough guide to the above notes:

Forum Image

Disregard the largest outer circle. That was for my reference only.

Finally, here is the second page in its entirety (so far:)

Forum Image

P.S.
I did not realize these images were so annoyingly difficult to download...If I have time this afternoon, I will work on that.

Officer

Awarded:

I have been told that the Horsefields area is going to transform radically for U13. There will be three fields, two small and one larger than what's there now. They're all game arenas, so no emotes. The largest of the three might be the best for war steeds. We'll have to go take a look after the big patch.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
I have been told that the Horsefields area is going to transform radically for U13. There will be three fields, two small and one larger than what's there now. They're all game arenas, so no emotes. The largest of the three might be the best for war steeds. We'll have to go take a look after the big patch.

oh my! WIll they be full of chickens though?

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Chickens... I have no idea.

I'm still waiting to hear back from y'all about time slot and duration. Right now the choices are:
* One hour slot from 1:30pm to 2:30pm.
- or -
* Half hour (30 minute) time slot from 5pm to 5:30pm.

Both of these should get good attendance, though I suspect the later slot will attract more people.

I need to know soon. The bands are signing up for slots quickly.

Speaking of which, shall I find you a band? Unless I hear otherwise, I'll go ahead and find someone to play your slot.

Awarded:

I am leaning towards the one hour time slot so as to give us time to warm up; we will vote on it tomorrow.

I have already contacted a band. However, if I do not hear back from them soon, I would be grateful to hear your suggestions. Bear in mind that the performance is choreographed to a specific piece of music.

Officer

Awarded:

Which timeslot did you want, and do you need a band?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Which timeslot did you want, and do you need a band?

We would prefer the 5:00-5:30 timeslot, but if there is any way to squeeze in more time so we can do a warm-up run (the routine takes about 10 minutes) it would be appreciated. As for the band, give me a couple more days, and I will let you know.

Officer

Awarded:

The 5pm-5:30pm slot has a half hour gap on each side of it. If you want, show up at the Horsefields early to warm up. Your event is the first one after we transition crowds from Michel Delving to Bree-land, so there shouldn't be people hanging around much before show-time. You can also run over a few minutes if you need to.

Which field will you be using for the show? I'm guessing #1, since #4 has some landscape glitches?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
The 5pm-5:30pm slot has a half hour gap on each side of it. If you want, show up at the Horsefields early to warm up. Your event is the first one after we transition crowds from Michel Delving to Bree-land, so there shouldn't be people hanging around much before show-time. You can also run over a few minutes if you need to.

Which field will you be using for the show? I'm guessing #1, since #4 has some landscape glitches?

Great! That will work perfectly. And I think we will stick with field #1.

Officer

Awarded:

I've been looking at the schedule and thinking over feedback.

Would a 4:30pm to 5:00pm slot work for everyone? Would it be better or worse for you? We can stick with the 5:00pm-5:30pm slot if necessary, but the half-hour time slide would take some of the pressure off later events.

I need to get all the scheduling "set in stone" by Sunday, so please let me know as soon as possible, and I'll be able to announce the final schedule this weekend.

Awarded:

Kiralynn, the band I was hoping to get has declined due to scheduling conflicts, so I am definitely open to hear your suggestions; I would prefer a larger group, one that can handle a song with 6-8 parts.

As for timing, the general consensus for the team was, "later is better," but I don't think we have any hard conflicts with that time. I will double check with everyone to make sure.

Officer

Awarded:

Okay, I'll see if I can round up a band with 6-8 members. :)

Awarded:

Hollyberye and Lilikate volunteered to find enough musicians to play your music during the show.
They have asked... what should the band members wear?

More importantly is the Opera Reel the music needed? If it is I will download it and take a listen. 6-8 folks I think is an easy enough target for wrangling!

Hollyberye - You'll help me with this?

The Opera Reel is 30 seconds long...

If you want to give me the musical brief I can hunt for suitable tracks at the desired tempo and length.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: