Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Fourth Routine

The sad truth is that I do not have the next manuver set completed. Instead (because I am evil and I cannot abide how kind and lovely you all are) I would like you to take a look at a manuver that will likely find its way in to the next set. I am calling it the Rohan Knot, both due to its appearance from above, and due to the end result it tends to have on riders and horses who attempt it:

Forum Image

High Officer

Awarded:

Oh. My. You truly are evil aren't you!! (:

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Evil, huh? Hmm, looks complicated. Maybe you should demonstrate several times first. From each of the four positions. On regular steed and warsteed. Then we'll ask questions. Then you can show us several more times ... only until it is clear to all of us, of course.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I think everyone did really well learning the Evil Peanut Maneuver. It makes us look like our horses are dancing across the field. Very nifty!

Awarded:

Surprisingly, we did very well at attempting this maneuver! Well, I was surprised that I understood it anyway :) I'm looking forward to practicing it some more!

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Hello!

Probably nobody noticed I was gone, since I'm certainly not the best rider on the team, but just in case anyone was wondering... my internet is fixed! Technician #5 was able to find the problem. Now the connection seems stable. I should be back on Wednesdays again.

On a related topic, there is a riding parade from the Pony to the ranch for the Winter Celebration. I'd love it if y'all would be there to lead the group. Do you think we could pick matching +62% yule steeds and outfits? If so, do you have any suggestions? I'm a big fan of Yule Festival Glittering and Yule Festival Snow (which is not Snowy). What do you think?

I look forward to riding with y'all again!

Awarded:

I am sorry.

This reference has been long requested, and long delayed. But here it is. To make for it (somewhat,) I have done my best to ensure that the diagram is proportional to the actual dimensions of the arena, and the black grid lines correspond to the fence posts.

Forum Image

The two green axis lines do not line up with any particular landmark, though the east-west (x) axis is very close to the dirt strip. Please note that the area immediately bisected by the north-south (y) axis is NOT equal to 2 squares, but roughly 1.7. The area immediately bisected by the x axis, however, is equal to one square.

If desired, I can break this diagram in to individual steps. Let me know either here or in person if this is desired.

Officer

Awarded:

Are there that many wall posts now? I noticed in old screenshots that there used to be three posts along a length, and now there appear to be more. Are there five between the corner and the bunt?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Are there that many wall posts now? I noticed in old screenshots that there used to be three posts along a length, and now there appear to be more. Are there five between the corner and the bunt?

Kiralynn, I was pretty sure I was correct, but I decided to double check, and confirmed that there are five posts between the corner and the bunt:

Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

For the sake of clarity, here is the latest routine draft:

Forum Image

Two things should be noted: the red line designates a pause after the preceding maneuver. Also, all maneuvers underneath the green line are currently not synced to the music, and subject to repositioning. Hope this helps.

High Officer

Awarded:

Adding the transition into the evil... errr, lovely peanut really helps! Thank you!

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Hello! How is it going?

Is it time to pick a performance date? Will the team want to perform this routine for the Spring Racing Carnival? It's traditional for the riding team to perform during this huge equestrian event.

Awarded:

Sorry, this is a little behind where I wanted to be; one of the maneuvers was giving me an inordinate amount of trouble, so here is what I have diagrammed out so far:

Forum Image

Please note that maneuver 15 is done at a canter, not a trot.

Officer

Awarded:

The latest and (debatably) greatest charts! Notes will be posted later.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

That looks amazing and impressive! I'll be happy to help video record the routine when it's done, if that's helpful. We have a couple of new people looking to join the team at some point. If you need someone to play music or launch fireworks, they'd probably be happy to help out.

Page 3 of 8

Jump to: