Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Fourth Routine

Here is yet another song for your consideration; the Celebrated Opera Reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUVtcRqNhI

Sorry about the video quality, it is one of the better examples I could find. Anyways, I already wrote up a simple .abc file for this song, but it needs to be greatly expanded if it going to work for our routine.

I think one of the problems with using folk music for our performances is that it tends to keep a consistent speed throughout, which can make aligning maneuvers with it a bit more difficult; in the performance that Kiralynn linked, the music was nice in that it had periods of intensity and smoothness. However, I would be quite willing to work with a piece with consistent tone.

Edit:
Here is the link to download the .abc file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3RSBgvadIaLV0ZEalplTGdPdVE/edit?usp=sharing

Officer

Awarded:

So far, Celebrated Opera Reel is certainly my favorite!

Is it OK for non-team riders to come and watch?

I'd love to participate one day, but it will be a good while before I've leveled enough to get a war-steed. I do have a standard horses, however, and just got my Steed of the Jester for all my alts.
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

Siladriel wrote:
Is it OK for non-team riders to come and watch?

I'd love to participate one day, but it will be a good while before I've leveled enough to get a war-steed. I do have a standard horses, however, and just got my Steed of the Jester for all my alts.

Anyone is welcome to come and watch AND participate! The thing is, right now the riding team, in the strictest sense, is not meeting. Currently, Kiralynn is primarily focused on the rodeo, and I am trying to get a performance written before practicing begins, hence all my posts concerning music. That said, I am sure you would be a welcome guest at the rodeo practices, which meet in the Rusham Shire Homesteads at the same time as formation riding (9:30PM on Wednesdays.)

Officer

Awarded:

I apologize for being so busy lately. The move has been more complicated and time-consuming than I had hoped. I could use your assistance getting organized in time for the Fellowship Walk fundraiser. Your assistance is sincerely appreciated.

The riding team has been invited to help with fundraising for the Fellowship Walk on Monday, September 23 at approximately 7:15 or 7:30pm.

We need a demonstration that can be performed out in the field (not at a location of our choosing). We'll probably be at or near the Party Tree in Hobbiton.

What would you like to do?

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/09/17 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

The Fellowship Walk will be somewhere in the Green Hill Country of the Shire on Monday Sept 23. Ales & Tales will follow the Walk, also at that location. Alas, I won't be able to be there.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

Here is the first part of the routine. This may be altered later. Additional notes will be posted tomorrow.

Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

Awesome! I can't wait to try it out.

Awarded:

Here are the notes as promised:

The routine as shown is choreographed to the music that can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3RSBgvadIaLeDJQdzFDWEkya2M/edit?usp=sharing

I apologize for the odd note durations. It comes a midi that, though it does not technically follow the music as written, has a great deal of expression that my attempts to transcribe from the sheet music lacked. Also note that the arrangement is yet to be completed.

Maneuver #3 attempts to show a quick cross over resulting in the riders ending in an opposite horizontal position from the start.

Between maneuver #5 and #6, riders will split back in to the pairs that they were in at the beginning of maneuver #5.

Finally, I am debating what to do with practices, since I want to both help our recruits along, and also work with warsteeds. At the moment, I think we shall devote the first 45-60 minutes working on the routine on travel mounts, and the second 30-45 minutes with the veterans on warsteeds. I am open to suggestions, though.

Officer

Awarded:

That sounds like a fine idea, as long as everyone has an hour and 45 minutes to spare, otherwise you might need to shorten each half of the training a bit.

Right now, I'm planning to be there Wednesday, but I can't be 100% sure. The painting on my new house may be done that day, and if so, I need to do a sign-off inspection. If I'm not there, go on ahead without me. Just please mention that we need Black Riders for this Saturday's Fellowship Walk, which starts at 2pm. They probably won't need the Riders until around 3pm.

Awarded:

Starting to learn the new routine on travel mounts will be good for new riders as well as veterans!

A suggestion for the diagrams, to help the newer folks (or anyone playing along at home): put a "1" near the point where the routine starts in each diagram, and a "2" where it ends. Or use "B" and "E", or whatever; just something to show the start/end of each maneuver.

For maneuver #1, do we start in the middle of the field, or do we enter using another maneuver?

The transition from #6 to #7: we full-stop and do a pivot (approx 135-degrees) then ride straight, or is it a 90-degree pivot followed by a strafe?

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

You stop at the end of the line with the red dot. The red is a lot easier to see if you open the image so that it is viewed at full size. I hope that's helpful!

Awarded:

We had a nice practice last night! Any idea when we'll have more of the routine to practice on, or when we might have a performance?

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Well, I totally spaced and forgot that yesterday was Wednesday until this afternoon when I realized today was Thursday -- not Wednesday! Real Life is crazy busy right now -- I just knew I was forgetting to do something! Sorry I missed practice!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Flyt-

I want to be a part of the riding team but that won't happen until sometime in the new year. The three times I have been to the practice tells me I have found another little niche in LMB to call home. LMB has so many 'niches' I can find comfort in it stumbles and stumps my mind; you offer so much to an eager little Hobbit. But I must beg your patience until I can make the commitment and that won't be for a while.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: