Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: BREE CUP Race Course - Need Your Feedback

I'm inviting all racers to review the course and give me feedback before I publish it. Here is the proposed track:

START: Woodmen's Gate. This is the same as last year. Riders will position themselves under the leading edge of the gate. This will give riders a long run past the audience at town hall.

Checkpoint 1: Mud Gate. Heading into the poverty area, riders will end up going through the Oldstone Ruins. (The glitch is gone.)

Checkpoint 2: West Gate Stables. Pass between the parallel horse stables adjacent to Bree's west gate, heading north. After this, you'll hit a couple of fence jumps heading uphill, which makes them slightly more challenging.

Checkpoint 3: The Tree. The one at the top of the cliff where those hobbit homes are embedded in the high hills at the edge of the city, 28.6S/51.8W. Everything after this is a cliff of one shape or another, so riders will have to figure out where they want to make their way down. (While you're there, follow that path up the narrow ledge all the way to the end. You'll find ruins with a beautiful view of all Bree.)

Checkpoint 4: Trader's Gate. You'll probably also pass through Market Gate to get there. This will bring you back past the audience at town hall.

Checkpoint 5: Back Alley. Past Trader's Gate, turn left up the cobblestone road, then immediately right down that alley once you're past the retaining wall. It comes out in south Bree near the auction house and stables, adjacent to the Woodmen's Gate. You'll pass through that gate heading toward the...

FINISH LINE: Head up the road to the east of town hall. You'll see a guard stand/shack up against the retaining wall of the town hall courtyard, with a little flag behind it. Draw an imaginary line between that flag post and the street lamp post just east of it, 30.9S/51.5W. This will bring the horses charging back past the audience for a big finish.

I'll try to post pictures of this later. Your feedback is extremely valuable!

Awarded:

re: BREE CUP Race Course - Need Your Feedback

After feedback from test riders (thank you test riders!), the new Bree Cup route has been posted on the Windy Acres site. I still need to complete the city map, but the checkpoint descriptions and photos are there for everyone to read.

This is going to be a very long (over 3 minutes) and very challenging (omg cliff!) course. I highly recommend that you practice this course if you hope to participate in the Bree Cup.

Jump to: