Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

re: Warsteed Workshop: March 16 at 12:00PM EST

Hello friends! I am holding a warsteed workshop at noon Saturday, March 16, at the Horsefields Chicken Bowl arena. This session will hopefully provide instruction on how to better control warsteeds without the addition of speed and agility bonuses, focusing on working with the often awkward atributes to use them to your advantage. This is intended primarily for the benefit of the formation riding team, however, anyone who is interested is welcome to attend.

To give some idea of the topics that will be covered, here is an exercise I developed for the Harwick jousting field. The goal is not necessarily to hit the targets with an attack, which is the goal of the related quest, but to pass the targets as closely as possible. This is achieved by a semi figure eight path. Note that the warsteed used is a light, with no additional agility or speed added.

Forum Image
Overhead View

Forum Image
1. Just below the middle marker, my horse turns outward in preparation for the turn. (To continue the photo series, click the picture, and click 'newer' on each page to see the next step.)

3. About a quarter way through the turn, I am still located behind the target.

4. Whump!

5. Coming out on the other side, the turn continues inward in order to come close to the fence.

6. Recovering, a mirror of position 1 is made.

7. At the farthest point from the fence (but still alongside it) I begin my next turn.

8. The threat of Mordor: burning our homes, killing our families...Running off with our jousting dummies?

11. Back to the beginning (more or less.)

Officer

Awarded:

This looks like a lot of fun! I'll be there if I can.

Awarded:

With the first workshop meeting some degree of success (at least I think it did...) I will be hosting another, tentatively scheduled on Saturday, March 24th at 12:00PM EST. However, I am willing to change the time and date to better suit Everyone interested. Once again, while this is primarily intended for riding team members, any and all are welcome to participate!

High Officer

Awarded:

Last Saturday's workshop was immensely helpful! I will try to attend the 24th as well but rl may keep me away. Do know I am putting into practice what I learned!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Shall I advertise this on the Windy Acres site, or is it just for LMB members?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Shall I advertise this on the Windy Acres site, or is it just for LMB members?

Posting it on the Windy Acres site would be fine! Since it is tailored towards the riding team, we might even be able to use it to recruit. Anyways, would you like me to write up a more formal blurb for it?

Officer

Awarded:

A more formal blurb and a graphic (up to 600px wide and 400px high) would be awesome! The post can include links and additional images as well.

Jump to: