Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
featherfur

re: Huge thanks to Andeon

... for his lowbie Great Barrows run yesterday. He has the patience of a saint, and he explained *everything* -- not just the instance particulars but also basic grouping mechanics and fellowship maneuvers. I was particularly grateful for the latter; I have grouping experience from WoW but am a total noob at maneuvers.

We cleared the first two wings of GB, then had to replace a member ... did Thadur a second time, and finished up with Sambrog. Liserona got all three of her quests done while the rewards were still nice upgrades, which makes me very happy.

If anyone wants to do another 20s run soon, Rhovanien is eager for her turn. She's not guilded yet, but hopefully soon!

I have a level 26 char which i could run with you but its one of toons in my other LOTRO guild, so if you want to see when i am on friend Ferasi. If i have time when i see you i'll run my char with you.
~PDL

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

That's our Andeon! =)

Honor and fun,
Gori a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Lilikate

I wanted to add my note of thanks. Andeon was brilliant, I know I have grouped before but never felt like I knew what I was doing or why I was doing it. I really didn't want to turn down the opportunity of running a GB with our Andeon at the lead, even though I was quite tired already. It was worth every minute, he was so patient, even when I made stupid errors or had people talking to me over my speakers. I am much more confident at the thought of joining another run. I would like to try taking Emylot through the barrows too. It would be interesting to try a different role in the same situations.
A big thumbs up and I will be joining another SNS, just remind me to stock the coffee or better still have a nap beforehand.

Awarded:

Yay! Andeon! My FMs teacher! I really look forward to join an instance you lead.
*many hugs*

Officer

thanks everyone - It's really quite gratifying to know that the runs are useful and make people feel good about their grouping - I really do run it for *exactly* that reason. I've always enjoyed grouping, as soon as I got over the initial trepidation of having to work with total strangers towards a common goal - a very long time ago, I was new at it as well, and I was very fortunate to be provided early on with some examples of the best kind of experience grouping, and just a couple of the worst kinds of examples.

Now, I like to think I have a good idea of what makes for a positive, encouraging experience, and what makes for a terrible experience that can easily scare people away from joining in on one of the best elements of playing an MMO, and I like to pass that on whenever I can manage. Thank you all for sticking through to the end - I know it was a long run, especially with the repeat of the Thadur instance, and I'm glad you all came out of it with a very positive experience to carry you forward into other grouping

I friended Ferasi, Phantom, and I'll look for you in-game!

featherfur wrote:
I friended Ferasi, Phantom, and I'll look for you in-game!

Nice will keep an eye out when i next hop on. Got to patch the game first been a bit busy with school work lol.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
BarrelRider

re: Re: Huge thanks to Andeon

featherfur wrote:
... for his lowbie Great Barrows run yesterday. He has the patience of a saint, and he explained *everything* -- not just the instance particulars but also basic grouping mechanics and fellowship maneuvers. I was particularly grateful for the latter; I have grouping experience from WoW but am a total noob at maneuvers.

We cleared the first two wings of GB, then had to replace a member ... did Thadur a second time, and finished up with Sambrog. Liserona got all three of her quests done while the rewards were still nice upgrades, which makes me very happy.

If anyone wants to do another 20s run soon, Rhovanien is eager for her turn. She's not guilded yet, but hopefully soon!

I want to add my thanks as well - it was tremendously useful and loads of fun. I finally feel like I've got at least a bit of a clue what a guardian's job should look like! Thank you, Andeon!

- Bluecanary
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: