Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Mystey Party - Sat Jan 19 at 5pm - Need Your Feedback!

Huge thanks to our actors and chief investigator who did an amazing job telling the story!

First place went to Elenathiel for solving the mystery first and correctly.
Cuthrek won second place, Kaleigh won third place, and Daeleg came in fourth.

I'll post a full report and screenshots later.

If you have ideas on how to make the event better, please reply to this post, thanks!

If you want to encourage me to run another event similar to this one, post it here:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496935-EVENT-Mystery-Game-amp-Party-Saturday-Jan-19-at-5pm-ST-Raglan-Bree-homesteads!

Thanks for coming to the party!

Awarded:

What a fantastic events! Kudos to Kiralynn, everything was so well coordinated and that made it a ton of fun to take part in.

Suggestions for improvements from an actor's POV: Well, we probably needed longer for the investigation portion but that was my fault since I had to leave so soon after 6. (The last few minutes during the reveal, Mom kept peeking in asking "Are you ready to go?" so I barely managed to stay till poor Horazio had been pronounced innocent! :-) Some mentioned wishing they had more time to ask questions, though I liked Cuthrek's point that it was also more fun having some time pressure to make you think carefully about what questions to ask. As an actor, I had a harder time than I expected working all my clues/gossip tidbits into my responses and while there were some things I repeated pretty often, there were other clues I only got around to once or twice, so some groups of investigators surely missed those points. So a possible improvement for future games would be narrowing down how much detail each actor gives, but then with practice I think I'd have an easier time getting through the whole rotation, now that I know better what to expect from the investigators.

There were some questions from investigators that suggested they missed the chief investigator's/host's intro information, like someone asking me what was this business about pies...I guess that player missed the setup, and I know we did have some come in late to the party, so...I don't know, maybe have a town crier type of character stand at the entrance next time, just cycling through a few paragraphs worth of the intro text for all those who missed it or just want to hear it repeated at any point during their investigations?

Overall, it was a blast! Let's do it again!

Awarded:

It was a tremendous lot of fun, and I don't know whether to be pleased that many thought that Sigfrothr was guilty, or ashamed. I do think a few more minutes of time would have been good, but not much more.

I think Sigfrothr didn't reveal as much gossip about the others as he should have, except for pointing out that Horazio went outside while the mallet was unattended. I think it's interesting that the winners didn't spend much (or any) time with him, er me, Sigfrothr. Kaleigh came up when only four minutes were left, and I don't remember Elenathiel visiting at all. Cuthrek came around the middle of the hour, but only briefly I think (maybe he can confirm).

Thank you for this, Kiralynn, and I'd be delighted to participate again, not as an actor-- so others can have a turn!-- but as support crew, or an investigator. :)

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

RannaDylin wrote:
There were some questions from investigators that suggested they missed the chief investigator's/host's intro information, like someone asking me what was this business about pies...I guess that player missed the setup, and I know we did have some come in late to the party

Heh, that makes me laugh. We actually have that happen fairly regularly at horse races. They show up late, don't get to ride the pace lap, then complain when they don't know where to go. I don't feel to bad about it - I give everyone 10 minutes of leeway and post the route in 2-3 places ahead of time. If they can't be bothered to show up on time or browse a web page, they probably weren't that excited about the race. The folks who practiced the course are going to beat them anyway.

I like the idea of having someone standing out front to ICly give folks the run-down, but then, they could have asked the Chief Investigator what was going on. We did advertise often that she knew all the info and had tips on how to investigate.

I think it's a great idea to have fewer clues. I was worried the mystery would be too easy to solve. The story seemed straight-forward enough but I think there were too many pieces of evidence (clues+gossip).

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/19 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I particularly found it funny when two people came to ask me about a receipt and I found out they hadn't completely listened to Horazio who said it was on the table near her, I didn't know how to respond because I knew nothing about a receipt. I just stood there with 2 people facing me and I just stood there quietly.

Also, some people showed up late and asked me for the intro part that I gave everyone. Then there was a someone someone (You know dang well who you are :P) Who bribed me for the answer :P Unfortunately for him, I only knew WHO it was, not WHY because I didn't have the time this week (for pre-exam homework and studying) to read the back story. So even if I HAD fallen for his bribe and told him WHO, he probably would have only gotten 4th place or something since he would have only known who and not why.

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Elondhil
Cuthrek

Awarded:

I can't think of a way of praising Kiralynn and the actors enough. As I said yesterday, this is one of the best RP experiences I have had, and I've been playing RPGs for 35 years!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: