Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Naethril

Awarded:

re: Mystey Party - Sat Jan 19 at 5pm - Need Your Feedback!

I'm free the entirety of that Saturday and would love to join and be an actor. Just let me know!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The story is written! It will take five volunteers to play the key roles. Characters of any level will do if you don't want to play your main. All races and genders fit for any of the roles.

It involves a pie theft, so Byrcha I'll expect to see you there. ;)

It's time to schedule this thing. I'm posting a poll so that it's easier for people to respond. I'll also post more information on the game...

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/11 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I'm writing out the game as a document that can be shared with others after we host our event. I'll post it soon for your review.

In the meantime, here are basic descriptions of the five characters we'll need to run the event. The characters can be any level, race or gender. They are referred to as Actor A, B, C, D and E. During the game, they'll have the name of whatever character you bring. Let me know if there is one of these you'd like to play.

The Introduction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings, investigators! A crime has occurred here at Windy Acres Ranch and we need your assistance. We were preparing to host a food festival with a substantial monetary prize when Mrs. Potts' pecan pies went missing. Worse than this, her Buckland Bake-Off trophy was brutally smashed!

The scene of the crime is the festival tent in the center of the yard. Poor Mrs. Potts is terribly distraught, so she has retired to her home. She isn't fit to be interviewed at the moment. However, there were five other individuals here that could be responsible. I ask that you interview them, look at the evidence, and determine what took place. Who is responsible for this catastrophe and why did they do it?

Our suspects are [Actor A], [Actor B], [Actor C], [Actor D] and [Actor E]. They are forbidden to leave the faire until their names are cleared and the responsible person has been dealt with. You can find them at different locations inside the ranch and out in the yard.

Please speak to me in private (/tell) when you are finished with your investigation. The food festival cannot continue until the mystery is solved!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Actor A - ActorA has arrived to compete in the food festival, preparing a roast pig. He/she is an accomplished cook. He/she has a love interest in Wildbury, a neighborhood many days travel away from where ActorA now lives. ActorA wants to buy Mrs. Potts' vacation home in Wildbury so that he/she can live closer to the love interest and further pursue the relationship. Mrs. Potts hasn't used the house in years, yet she refuses to sell it.

* Actor B - ActorB has arrived at the ranch to play music and entertain guests. ActorB is broke from paying off gambling debts. He/she has put out a tip jar in the hopes of earning a few coins at the festival. Unfortunately, ActorB has one outstanding bet that will come due if Mrs. Potts wins the competition. (ActorB should dress in clothes that suggest financial troubles and being down on his/her luck. He/she will also need to play music occasionally during the event.)

* Actor C - ActorC is competing in the food festival and has prepared a pair of lovely roast conies. ActorC wants to open a tavern (or other eatery, your choice) in the near future. Winning the food festival would help boost ActorC's reputation as a chef and bring many more customers to the new business. Unfortunately, Mrs. Potts won the last two years...

* Actor D - ActorD has brought home-made cheese, bread and wine to the festival. There is a rumor floating around that ActorD has been stealing vegetables from his/her neighbors because he/she is terribly unsuccessful with his/her own garden. The rumor was started by none other than Mrs. Potts, an accomplished gossip! (ActorD should wear something fancy or upper class.)

* Actor E - ActorE is a skilled brewer. He/she has entered five casks of various ales into the contest. He/she has been promising to fix a stuck gear in the ranch windmill for ages, but is finally getting around to it. ActorE is not a fan of Mrs. Potts - she recently broke a family heirloom, a crystal decanter that she borrowed for her Yule party. She has neither apologized nor offered to replace it, saying something along the lines of, "Accidents happen, it's really nobody's fault!"

That's our line-up of suspects! Who would you like to roleplay? All necessary background information, clues and gossip will be provided. We also have positions open for understudies and for a chief investigator.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/14 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I didn't do it! You can't prove anything!!

But if I did maybe do it, it would be as Actor A or D.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Okay... here is the document I put together for the game. It is intended to share with anyone else who is interested after our event. Please check it out and post feedback.

If you plan to PLAY the game (not volunteer as an actor), be careful not to read the entire document. There is an obvious indicator of where you should stop reading to avoid spoilers.

*takes a deep breath*

http://roll3d6.com/banders/misc/warmysterygame.pdf

So, what do you think?

We will need FIVE actors. I would like to have 2 under-studies if possible, since it is so critical to have 5 actors during the event (the game cannot be run with less).

I would like to invite all musicians. Would Andune, BBB or Old Winyards like to play at this event?

So far, I have responses from Galzagar, Trignee, Tuiliel, Lennidhren, Mornawen, Naethril and Byrcha. Would all of you be able to attend an event at Noon or 5pm (or both)? There is a thread in the Events forum where you can vote on a specific time, but those appear to be the most likely options.

If anyone owns a house in Rusham, I invite you to decorate it with a "food festival" theme. If you want to show off your house, post your address. I'll put together a "tour of homes" list to mention in the event advertisement.

Awarded:

We will need to start at 5:00pm /servertime (Eastern US) if we don't want to overlap events already scheduled.

It looks like Naethril wants to be Actor D (nicknamed "Wellborn" in the story info).
Byrcha, would you like to be Actor A (nicknamed "Suitor" in the story info)?

Galzagar, Trignee, Tuiliel, Lennidhren, Mornawen and anyone else interested... which role would you like to play? Would you like to be the lead or an understudy in case someone else can't make it?

Awarded:

I'd like to try being lead Actor E. I live in Rusham and will try my best to use cake as insulation and frosting as wallpaper for the prep. I'll add the address here: (*), when I log in tomorrow. 5pm is fine for me, just finishing supper, perfect timing.

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Hm, I could bring Horazio for Actor C. Provided that starting by 5 means we'll be done by 6 eastern, because I'll have to log off by then.

Awarded:

I'll understudy the roles and fill in as needed. I voted for 5 PM server time, but I can attend the other times, too, if they work better for other people.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If you get a chance, please respond to this post in the LotRO forums...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496935-EVENT-Mystery-Game-amp-Party-Saturday-Jan-19-at-5pm-ST-Raglan-Bree-homesteads!

Thanks!

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
If you get a chance, please respond to this post in the LotRO forums...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496935-EVENT-Mystery-Game-amp-Party-Saturday-Jan-19-at-5pm-ST-Raglan-Bree-homesteads!

Thanks!

I don't know what I should respond :P It's the same thing as here.

Known as=
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Re: Trignee -- People usually post something like "Sounds like fun, I'll be there!" or something similar.

We need two people to volunteer - One for Role B (the "Rake", musician who looks down on his luck/disreputable and plays drinking songs), and an understudy for role C (the "Chef") since Lennihdren may not have enough time.

I believe Byrcha will be playing role A (the "Suitor") and Naethril will be playing role D (the "Wellborn"). Please send me an email so that I can reply with all the materials you'll need for the game. The farther ahead you have it, the longer you have to read it. My email is kiralynn@roll3d6.com -- thanks!

If anyone else wants to volunteer for a specific role or to understudy for that role, please do drop me an email.

We can still use volunteers for these roles...

* Town Crier -- Someone who can travel between the major cities, advertising the event between 4pm and 5pm.
* Chief Investigator -- Someone to help answer questions from the participants.

Trignee, would you be interested in playing our chief investigator?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Re: Trignee -- People usually post something like "Sounds like fun, I'll be there!" or something similar.
* Chief Investigator -- Someone to help answer questions from the participants.

Trignee, would you be interested in playing our chief investigator?

Can I be that and Actor E? :3

Known as=
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Trignee wrote:

Someone else had already asked for the Actor E role. If you want to be the understudy for Actor E, in case they can't make it at the last minute, that's fine. Drop me an email (kirlaynn@roll3d6.com) and I'll send you the Actor E information.

The chief investigator still doesn't have a volunteer. He has a pretty big role helping players figure out what they are supposed to be doing and offering them tips. A lot of people aren't going to know where to start, so the C.I. is their guide. Otherwise, they won't have a chance at winning the game. It's going to be a lot of work and very important to people, so I totally understand if you'd rather just play the game.

To everyone --

Right now we have...

A/1/"Suitor" -- Byrcha
B/2/"Rake" -- Tuiliel
C/3/"Chef" -- Lennidhren
D/4/"Wellborn" -- Naethril
E/5/"Brewer" -- Mornawen

Mind you, they will probably log in as different characters. Hopefully they'll post the actual name of the toon they'll be acting with before the party. We could use two understudies, willing to look over any/all of the acting slots and be ready in case someone doesn't make it. The game cannot run if we don't have all five actors.

Wardrobe street is available if any of you want to look for cosmetic items to outfit your actors. Just catch me online and we'll stop by Rusham in the Shire homesteads.

ACTORS - Please do not give spoilers in the forum posts about which of you is the guilty party (if any)!

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Trignee wrote:

E/5/"Brewer" -- Mornawen

Where did she sign up? I asked in the forums to be Actor E before you asked me to be C.I. It's okay if she asked you in game, I was just wondering because I don't see her asking to be Actor E before or after me. I'll be C.I if you want me to.

Known as=
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: