Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Mystey Party - Sat Jan 19 at 5pm - Need Your Feedback!

Hello!

I'm hosting a ranch re-opening party on Saturday, January 19th at 5:00pm /servertime (Eastern US).

This is a rare Saturday in which I won't be GMing for the tabletop group. I can't move this to a different Saturday.

The ranch has had a cosmetic makeover thanks to Banders donating items from Rohan. The new decorations look absolutely amazing. I'd like to show my appreciation by hosting a party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join us on Saturday, January 19th at 5:00pm /servertime (Eastern US) for a mystery party! Become an investigator, interview suspects, examine clues, and solve a crime! Meet at Windy Acres Ranch - 9 Chestnut Street, Raglan, Bree-land homesteads.

Forum Image

This is a roleplaying event, a variant of the classic "Murder Mystery" dinner party. The game has a cast of five characters who play specific roles in the story. All other participants take the role of investigators – Bounders, sheriffs, constables and rangers. They will explore the environment, investigate clues, interview suspects, and try to solve a crime. When each participant thinks he has the correct solution, he should whisper his answer to the event host. The winners of the game are those who correctly deduce who commit the crime and why they did it. There is no limit to the number of people who can play.

The game has a family-friendly story involving theft and vandalism taking place at a food festival's cooking competition.

Contact Kiralynn if you have questions about the event.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll need 5 actors to portray the various roles in the story. Please continue reading this thread for more info...

EDIT: Updated with current event information.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/22 11:05 am; edited 7 times in total

Awarded:

I like it! A different reason/way to RP sounds good to me. Re Sat. the 19th, the two standing events that I know of during the day are RP@Harp&Dragon at 2pm and Book Club at 3pm. Perhaps the Windy Acres RP event could take the place of Harp&Dragon for that day and happen early enough to be over by 3pm? Otherwise, after Book Club (e.g. 5pm) would be the next time slot. Earlier would likely be better for the EU crowd.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I have a really great theft mystery that would involve 5 people standing at key points around the ranch to answer questions and give out clues. These five would roleplay themselves or someone else, so long as it fits a the key points of the story. They are people who were on hand during the theft that must be solved. Some were involved and one is the theif! These folks would need to keep a text file handy so that they could answer accurately when asked a key question, and ad-lib answers to any other questions, roleplaying along the way. (I find LotroPad works great for pasting text from within the game.) I can provide all of the material these folks would need.

All of the guests would be acting as detectives (Bounders, sheriffs, etc.) trying to solve the case. They would go around interviewing the 5 actors. When they finish, they'd tell me who did the theft and why. This type of game handles large numbers of guests.

Maybe we could find 5 people to be the murder mystery actors!

EDIT: Updated for the proper crime and number of actors.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/12 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

This sounds like much fun! Very good idea!

--Harper

Awarded:

Sounds really interesting. Weekends in the day time are always difficult for me, but perhaps I can make it in for this. (I hope so)
Galzagar
Officer

Awarded:

I love this idea. It sounds like a great time and something different. If you need any help planning or coordinating the event please let me know. I should be available all day on the date of the event and can lend a hand during the nights prior to it. If you need volunteers for actors.. I can play a good dead guy. eye roll

Awarded:

Hmm ... in a game replete with rez circles, instant-rezzing during an instance, and the wholesale slaughter of every evil-doer and most wildlife that we come across on the landscape, I'm curiously uncomfortable with 'murder' as the motif for this, likely because the plot would be that one of us murdered some innocent bystander(?). Unless the plot turns it a different way (e.g. someone wasn't actually murdered), perhaps some other theme could be used -- pie-theft perhaps?? But then everyone would be a suspect, including all of the audience!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Emegas

Awarded:

I like Byrcha's idea, they weren't actually killed but held up in a closet somewhere eating everyone's pies.

Sounds like a great idea, even though the only Murder Mystery I've ever been apart of IRL resulted in over 200 kids sweating like race horses because we were all crammed in a small building with no air conditioning on one of my last days at camp. It was the janitor who killed the principle ^_^

I'm also up to being a talk-dummy!

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Hmm ... in a game replete with rez circles, instant-rezzing during an instance, and the wholesale slaughter of every evil-doer and most wildlife that we come across on the landscape, I'm curiously uncomfortable with 'murder' as the motif for this, likely because the plot would be that one of us murdered some innocent bystander(?). Unless the plot turns it a different way (e.g. someone wasn't actually murdered), perhaps some other theme could be used -- pie-theft perhaps?? But then everyone would be a suspect, including all of the audience!

It's always possible that they explode out of the closet at the end and say, "AHA! It was all a cunning ruse, and I'm NOT really dead..."

Personally the murder aspect doesn't bother me, because it's just a game, after all :) And it reminds me of the good ol' days and playing Murder in the Dark.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

I tried to get BBB to stage something like this last Halloween but the enthusiasm just wasn't there. Sounds like fun and I hope you do it!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Please let me know the following...

* Are you willing to attend?

* Would you like to be one of the key actors?

* Most importantly, what is the earliest and latest time you could attend a 2-hour event on this day?

Awarded:

* I am willing to attend

* Sure!

* Saturday the 19th? Around 9am/server is when I start to gain mental consciousness and not just blabberbrained. But can't attend starting around around 2pm/server to 4pm/server because that is around when I make supper and eat it. Also no later than 10pm/server.

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Berrieblossom

Sounds like fun! I should be able to attend as either an actor or guest on Berrieblossom or Tuiliel, depending on whether you'd prefer a hobbit or an elf. Before 10pm server time should be ok, with preferences being after dinnertime, but I could probably make just about anything work.

Also a distant acquaintance of that gloomy Elf Tuiliel and her beloved Eluridan
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I like it! I've got a church dinner to attend at 6:30 that day so I could probably make it to the murder mystery if it happened before Book Club or after, hm, probably 8 or 9...I'll have to check what time that dinner's supposed to be over. I (on Lenn or an alt, whatever works best) wouldn't mind being one of the actors if I am able to attend!

Awarded:

Mornawen will attend and participate if needed. This sounds like a grand idea!

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: