Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Steed of the Captain - Arrives Friday For A Limited Time

Forum Image

WARNING!!! I just got back from the forums, saw the Captain's horse (still not sure if I'll get one - I feel like I should, but 2000 tp's is just an awful lot of money for a horse any way you look at it)

according to many of the forum reports, the horse is NOT the chestnut color posted in the picture

It is a blonde sorrel in it's basic form (apparently, the tack becomes available for your warhorse, so you can put the captains steed gear on your chestnut-colored rohirrim warhorse)

at least, that's what the general consensus has been on the forums - I haven't had a chance to check it myself in game

anyway, be aware, be alert, and don't let anyone rip you off!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNAjwUUp10

Officer

Awarded:

He's right! The horse is NOT brown or bay, it is blonde sorrel unless you have a warsteed with a different coat. Also, you can't see it, but there is a big helmet sitting next to the bedroll. It looks silly just sitting there, defying gravity, not falling off. It also turns bright colors when you apply dye to the warsteed tack.

Awarded:

Sigh...

So close, too. The picture looks lovely, the bay coloring provides such a nice contrast to the light colored gear, and that lovely looking bedroll...All ruined because of a weird helmet and false color patterns! Very disappointing...The caparison looks rather nice, but I don't think I would use it, as does the head piece (I like seeing manes!) So, sadly, I don't think I will be picking this one up.
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

It has been confirmed that the color mis-match was a mistake, and it's supposed to be fixed to be the color in the picture with Update 9. No word about the other issues people have been pointing out. Cithryth posted some pictures of it in war-steed form: http://www.city.navsplace.net/?p=582. The class mounts started out really well, but I haven't found any of the recent ones very appealing. Ah, well.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Yes, the color is supposed to be brown, and it'll be fixed in an update. (Please stop breaking things Turbine, kthxbye)

I wish it'd lose the tassel and add a banner instead. Why have all the recent horses been so gaudy and overly decorative? sad
My favorite still is the hunter steed. It looks great on a war-steed.

RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

Carica Berrywine wrote:
Yes, the color is supposed to be brown, and it'll be fixed in an update. (Please stop breaking things Turbine, kthxbye)

I wish it'd lose the tassel and add a banner instead. Why have all the recent horses been so gaudy and overly decorative? sad

Just a little gaudy is okay by me; we are captains, after all, our job is to be seen, and I do think that, generally speaking, this one handled tastefully...I would just say, lose the helmet, get a banner!
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Carica Berrywine wrote:

The hunter steed is great! Lenn got it in the lottery back when it was first released. Now, dyed gold and with the Lore-master steed's pile o' scrolls added on the rump, it is her warsteed look.

Jump to: