Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andeon
Officer

re: Sunday Night Siege October 14th, 2012

well, our first SNS of October, seemed to go quite well. Filsi started the morning off early, with a company of friends that travelled to Skumfil - I didn't hear about their exploits much, but I assume much fun and great success was had by all!

We took two forays, and two mostly different companies, into the depths of Moria as well - one company handily defeated the denizens of the Forgotten Treasury, while a second company travelled down into the bowels (almost literally...ick) of Moria, to once again face the horrors of Skumfil! Both companies returned Victorious, with tales of battle, hopefully some new appreciation for the skills of their class, and at least one person having completed their legendary cap class quest!

I don't know offhand if other companies had other adventures, although I know I heard several people talking about adventures, perhaps off in Limlight Gorge - either way, I hope fun and victory was had by all!

For this upcoming Sunday, again, there is a prevailing interest in the In Their Absence storyline - this is a series of ...four?...*counts on his fingers* the hobbit-slapping spider one, the orc overrun village, the forochel one, and the trollshaws one...is that all of them? anyway, at least 4 instances, perhaps 5 - either way, it's a series of challenging and enjoyable instances, all tied to a rather interesting storyline, and we have several people that want to begin it, complete it, and in general, experience it. Theudas joined that company of folks recently, needing to begin it, Isilwren has been asking about it for several weeks now, and I'm certainly looking forward to going through there again - I've been told you *have* to be lvl 65 to be able to enter the necessary instances - anyone willing to help with those interests when those key folk arrive, or ALSO have an interest in pursuing the instance chain, holla here!

We still have several companies also pursuing end-cap instancing for gear, challenge, and profit! We have an excellent quantity of folks at level cap, so I'm sure we can find some interest/availability along those lines as well

I'm also beginning to recognize a surprisingly dire need for many people in their 40's, 50's, and even 60's with a severe lack of grouping experience - as I find this to be one of the key enjoyable features of playing an MMO, I would love to make sure that everyone has a chance to start joining companies - feeling comfortable asking for groups, feeling comfortable being included IN groups, and learning those strategies and "guidelines" for good behavior that make you excellent company for a fellowship or a raid - please, anyone that feels a little out of place, a little *shy* or worried about how you might be treated, Sunday Night Siege is *absolutely* the place to get your feet wet, meet some nice people, and start learning some of those fundamental grouping skills so that you can confidently lead your *own* 24-man raid to victory someday!!

Having some med issues recently has kept me from battle. I hope to be available for whatever evil presents itself this coming sunday.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Andeon
Officer

I don't speak about it much, Tinki, but I've missed you enormously - you and Isilwren, whom I also haven't seen in quite some time - and Camara, now that I think of it...where'd he go?

point is, many of my oldest friends seem to be absent lately, and I certainly don't blame you all - between Borderlands 2, X-Com (awesome btw! not perfect...but AWESOME!), and a rediscovery of the addictive second life world of Skyrim, I've been fairly absent as well - but I miss you all

there's always a space for you Tinki if you find the time - but take care of yourself first! I'd rather you be comfortable at home, than miserable in middle earth!

The Limlight Gorge group eventually mastered all the evil that presented itself. Many wounds were counted among us and our healer was exhausted. Who said battle is easy!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Ellasse
Officer

Awarded:

And I would like to officially post that another group of Banders successfully did a full clear of the Grand Stair on the 14th!

Griegon skillfully held the attention of our foes! Byrcha, with stealth and finesse, took enemies down with out them noticing (much!). Filsi, Goldlilac, and myself brought the power of song down upon them, and Amdireth pierced their armor with swift arrows and a keen eye!

Bandleader of the Ellasstics (Tham Merenglir, 1 High Road, Caratry, Bree-land)

Kin alts: Eddard, Mrain, Dwardin, Evermeorn

Non-kin alts: Selmas, Celeberyn, Spokane
Andeon
Officer

It was certainly a busy night for the Lonely Mountain Band! In addition to your grand Grand Stairs run :) we took companies through three instances of the In Their Absence chain! We slapped hobbits to safety at Northcotton Farm, we flushed the bandits and orcs from Stoneheight, and we purged the Lost Temple of the restless dead!

And then, as if our adventures weren't glorious enough, Gaerthand took a company of 12 to defeat yet another of Saruman's Champions in the Lightning Wing! A very well run encounter with only a couple of hiccups!

And, although it may not have been an instance, I know a strong company of fellows went through the Limlight Gorge adventures - I expect they met with great success, as they were made up of some of our most adventurous and courageous banders!

Well done everyone! I know there were some companies also looking to make more runs through Carn Dum, and Fornost and Moria - I'm sorry we couldn't find a company for everyone...but there's always next sunday!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: