Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Second Routine

I don't want to change general plan, I'll join with suitable selected mount soon, I can enter that side of Angmar, I'm just lazy to farm them. Similary too lazy to get epic quest mount. I think I voted for Perlino, anyway, I'll get my Angmar pony very soon! Thanks & *hugs*

Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Collecting the rep items is easy enough, with the right people and equipment. We collected rep items last night in Angmar and were able to boost Lhinnthel all the way to kindred. Trouble is, Gath Forthnir, where one buys the rep horse, apparently is restricted access. Vol 1, Book 7 of the epic appears to be the relevant quest line. So, anyone not yet to that part of the epic won't be able to get in to buy the horse, even if they have kindred status. I think that also explains the trouble she had with that statue(?); there is an epic quest which gets you past those.

ANd I would like to just again say Thank You to all who helped me to gain Kindred! it was such fun slaying the hordes of enemies by your side :) I plan to work on getting farther along in epic so I can enter and purchase the mount. I have been slacking in the epic story so it may take me a little awhile.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Aldekim
Officer

once you reach something like level 40 you can pick up the epic book 6 you need in Aughaire without doing the previous parts.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Since many people will be offline tonight for Halloween, while many others are online but busy at fun social events, I'm going to post a team update here in the forums.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team members - Please don't forget to post answers to the interview questions, along with a nice screenshot.

Last I heard, all members are going to be able to purchase the Ashen steed. We need some good ideas for outfits. If you can post a screenshot of your costume idea, fantastic! If not, you can always just post the names and dye colors of the individual wardrobe pieces.

Since no one has posted a routine, I will go ahead and start working on a new one. It would be very helpful if you could post one idea for a maneuver or trick to perform. (IE: Two horses bow while a third jumps over them down the middle.)

Hopefully I will be able to edit this post later today with some ABC music samples. Don't hesitate to post music ideas of your own.

Awarded:

I forgot all about Riding Practice after getting home and drying off from a soggy Halloween! Thank you for the update Kiralynn. Last week I worked my butt off to complete the epics far enough so that I could get into Gath Forthnir and finally purchase my Ashen Steed!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Ijnar

I spent riding practice and the other 2 hrs in a traffic jam after the garbage truck wiped out on the freeway.
Hope to join practice soon at least as a guest. :)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I have put together a tentative routine for us. Please comment and let me know what you think. You will notice some new maneuvers. They are available for printing on the web site. You can also click here for the latest maneuver document.

Forum Image
Letter designations change between maneuvers.

For those unfamiliar with the hedge jump: Riders A and C move to the center line and face each other with their horses noses almost touching. Riders B and D ride down the mid line, one after the other. Just as B is about to reach A&C, they /mountbow. B jumps over and between them. Repeat for D five seconds later.

Other notes -
* Thread the Needle is not done using strafe.
* The only strafing is done during Breaking the Fellowship Row Reverse.
* A slight pause may be needed at the end of BtF Row Rev for the riders to turn outward (similar to the start of the Cloverleaf in the last routine).

Awarded:

*cries*
Kiralynn! You need more patience to teach me all these! Such confusing diagram!
Will print out tonight.
Also... change of letter designations between maneuvers is my main issue still! Hopes to be a clever hobbit soon.

LEADER

Awarded:

Re the letters on the diagram, maybe using upper- and lowercase to indicate where the maneuver starts and where it ends would help?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

Sorry that I have been so aloof of late...I really need to help out more, I just have been distracted, I guess...Getting my warsteed was a major goal.

Overall, I like the routine as presented. Thread the Needle gives me a little concern, since the angle of the lead riders has to be consistent, but that is fairly minor. That said, I am not particularly happy with Transition and Hedge Jump. I felt that the rotation of the rear riders to initiate the Cloverleaf was the one weakness of that routine; I would prefer if we could do maneuvers with a greater degree of symmetry. As far as Hedge Jump is concerned, the jumping animations have always looked a bit odd (probably since the in-game horses possess mind-boggling jumping abilities,) and might be best to keep our horse's hooves firmly on the ground (so to speak.) I will try to see if I can come up with other ideas (with your blessing, of course.)

Also, are you going to be around Saturday? If not, could we go over the routine in game so when practice rolls around, I have some idea on how to instruct any new recruits?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The maneuver ends where the red dots are. If you open the image at full size, they are easier to see. I'll try to redraw all the letter designations when I have time, but it took two hours just to put that diagram together and I ran out of time. I at least wanted to get the routine discussion started.

Thread the Needle... it may help you to know that's not a strafe maneuver. You'll be able to adjust more easily as you go.

As for Breaking the Fellowship Reverse, if you can think of an alternative, that would be cool. I think if we just add voice chat to our routines to help with timing and coordination, such minor things as turning around won't be such a bother. Does that sound helpful?

Awarded:

This is what I came up with:

Forum Image

Instead of transitioning directly into a row, I recommend turning out of the strafe, and passing the rider to the side. From that point, turning again puts us in the proper position at the end of the transition.

I realize that Thread the needle is not a strafe maneuver...That is what worries me. During a strafe, one only has to worry about position; angle is fairly easy, since it relies on the cardinal directions. That is not the case here; misjudging the angle could put us in wildly inappropriate places. However, I am sure that we will be able to work through it...It might just take more time to learn.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

RohanArchitect wrote:
This is what I came up with:

Instead of transitioning directly into a row, I recommend turning out of the strafe, and passing the rider to the side. From that point, turning again puts us in the proper position at the end of the transition.

We can try it that way. I think it's a little more complicated, though. In mine, everyone forms up on the center line. Once everyone arrives (in a strafe, people don't tend to arrive at the same time), the outer two riders turn and lead their new partners away.

With your maneuver, everyone will still need to wait for all four riders to arrive. However, instead of worrying about a straight line, they'll have to worry about two axis of alignment. (Making a square is harder than making a line, as we learned from Cloverleaf.) It is true that they will proceed forward into a turn, so they won't have to turn while standing. However, I think turning while standing is easier than forming into a square. I think it would be good to try it both ways and see what actually feels more natural on the field.

RohanArchitect wrote:
I realize that Thread the needle is not a strafe maneuver...That is what worries me. During a strafe, one only has to worry about position; angle is fairly easy, since it relies on the cardinal directions.

I am assuming that we will pick one point on the ground to aim for. Everyone will need to ride straight forward through that point (which may not be precisely where it is indicated on the diagram). Last time, everyone had to strafe through a center point, and it seemed very difficult for folks. This time, they'll be walking through the point straight on. I am imagining that will be easier. This is another one that we can play with on the field.

I have attempted to update the Routine 2 graphic in such a way that everyone's letter doesn't change between maneuvers. I also added the alternate transition so that it'll be handy on one printout for practice.

Once we pick our transition, we can time how long it takes to complete the routine and pick/design music of the appropriate length.

Awarded:

Wednesday's meet went very well.

We now have our new uniform picked out - Prized Ashen steed, Yule Tunic and Trousers (Rivendell green), Yule Scarf (Crimson), any yule-themed or matching head wear, and no cloak. The tunic overrides any gloves or boots, so we'll all match there. If you're looking for head wear ideas, check out the Yule Stocking Cap, Harvest-Brew Hat, and Spring-Flinger Hat.

The plan is to perform around Christmas at Frostbluff. However, we're not sure if we'll find a good place to perform there. We also don't know when the Yule festival will start and give us access. For now, we're looking for a good place to perform at Thorin's Hall. The spot needs to be out of general foot traffic, relatively flat, and roomy enough to do a routine. Please post any suggestions you have.

We still have two people who need some Angmar reputation items. If you have any to spare, please consider donating them. (Anthemisi, are you Kindred yet?)

This coming Wednesday is the Turkey Chase. Please join us at the ranch for a Thanksgiving-themed party with a horse show and race.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
(Anthemisi, are you Kindred yet?)

Due to real life, I forgot to join formation riding team practice! So sorry...I think I have no reputation or...just acquaintance. I can enter every side of Angmar, but I can't find time to farm rep items. Anyway, will try to make it for next wednesday, hopefully...if I can't be there don't be offended please.

In Thorins, under the skirmish mark area under the hill, amongst Silver Deep and Frerin's Court might be nice spot for horse show.
Also the bear area in intro, the floor before Mirkstone Tunnels can be eligible, it depends...
Not sure there are low lvl mobs or something like that, when I catch you online we can look around together too.
Frostbluff won't be peaceful enough to keep horses calm, or will be...not sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: