Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Second Routine

The first performance was a huge success! I have received many messages from members of the audience who were truly impressed. Some of them have also sent me ideas for new maneuvers, which I will post on the Windy Acres Ranch web site soon.

With the big show behind us, it is time to start planning our second routine. Hopefully this one will be even more impressive... yet easier to perform. I have tried to learn from the first routine and will hopefully do better on the second one. Of course, the best routine is the one that you help design!

* Which horse shall we use?

I suggest the Perlino steed. We all have one (or can get one), the colors are easy to match, and it is not a common breed.

* What should we wear as a uniform?

Please choose pieces that can be shared or easily obtained (IE: reputation piece for an Eriador faction). Post a screenshot of the outfit if you can.

* What music should we use?

The last piece was just over 5 minutes long. Should the routines be shorter, longer, or just about that length? It shouldn't require more than 2-3 people to play (fewer is easier).

* Where should we perform the routine?

If you want the next demonstration to be at a different location, we should probably practice there.

* What maneuvers should we work into the routine?

Feel free to pull from the master list of maneuvers or create your own.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/30 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

As to where, I think it should be at a fairly active population area, and what to wear,....I can really help with that! :)

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Caiyyd

Awarded:

Been playing around with some combinations of moves - can't wait to see what we come up with next!!

Would need to find a relatively flat area with something we can use for markers - will have to go scouting to see what is out there.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here are some of the new ideas. These maneuvers could use names. Is anyone feeling creative?

* Two horses face each other. As they bow, a third horse jumps between and over them.

* Four horses stand back-to-back and rear up at the same time.

* Four horses stand facing inwards toward each other and kick outward at the same time.

* Two horses gallop at each other, spin in a tight circle as they meet, then ride back the way they came.

Can you think of more ideas that take advantage of the 3 horse emotes and jumping?

I imagine we are going to come up with a lot more maneuvers when/if we eventually all get warhorses with some of the special maneuvers, like the sliding stop.

Awarded:

Okay, here are a BUNCH of outfits to consider. I hope you'll post some, too. Any of these could be dyed or matched with specific horses/ponies.

Bree horse, Dunland jacket

Mathom horse, Dunland jacket

Perlino, harvest-brew dress (tunic for men)

Perlino, elf dress (& tunic)

Perlino, winter tunic

Perlino, fancy shirt

Cavalry hauberk

Decorative hauberk
Dunlending outfit

Fine shirt

Fancy robe

Saets Crus

Short dwarf-make robe

Short fancy robe

Summer tunic

Well-worn robe

You can also check out hauberks here: http://lotro.northshield.co.uk/Outfitter/Hauberk/Hauberk.htm

It would also be cool if someone could come up with a custom outfit made of many different pieces.

Awarded:

I like the Well-worn Robe with the Mathom steed. I also like the Saets Crus and Cavalry Hauberk, but don't know what steed would go with those. The Watcher Hauberk dyes nicely in blue. Anything in blue or red will go nicely with the Perlino steed.

After you had to leave, we were discussing various options -- after riding in circles until we were dizzy, and doing jumps over fire-breath, of course =) . If we're thinking it will be a couple months of practice to get a routine down, that puts us into Yule Festival season. Perhaps a performance at Frostbluff? Perhaps the new yule steed will be a possibility, but the jury wasn't convinced about last year's yule steed (which would be the only one all of us could get ahold of). There would also be the Tundra steed (Lossoth rep), maybe Ashen (Angmar rep), and the Perlino for a wintry theme.

Perhaps Lossoth clothing would be a possibility for a winter-themed performance? Only cloaks are available for rep, if I recall correctly, so we'd have to craft the outfit and boots, maybe gloves too. I have rep and can get the recipes if needed.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:
Perhaps a performance at Frostbluff?

We'll have to come up with a routine that uses our "portable" system around a central point, because Frostbluff isn't there yet for us to practice in.

veteranlurker wrote:
There would also be the Tundra steed (Lossoth rep), maybe Ashen (Angmar rep), and the Perlino for a wintry theme.

Which one of these three do y'all like better?

veteranlurker wrote:
Perhaps Lossoth clothing would be a possibility for a winter-themed performance?

I have the Lossoth gear available to share on wardrobe street, both the light and medium sets, including the cloaks. I'm still looking for someone to make the heavy set cosmetic version so I can share those, as well.

I agree with Veteran lurker on the first two outfits. Im not so good at judging horses.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

It looks like the Ashen horse from Angmar won the vote!

Forum Image

Here's what we need to do to move forward...

* Start collecting Angmar reputation items. Everyone is going to need the Ashen horse. There are actually two Angmar reputation steeds, so if we get enough items, our team members will really luck out!

* Come up with uniform ideas that specifically go with this horse/pony.

* Continue working on maneuver ideas for our new routine.

* Look for a 5+ minute long song to play during the routine.

Since I'll be out of the game for a couple of days, I may miss Wednesday's practice. I can work on ABC music while I'm offline. What do you think about a medley of holiday music?

I'll have to rely entirely on you for the uniform ideas. (That's probably for the best, you have better taste than I do!)

Awarded:

A medley of holiday music might work nicely! Or maybe "Ring Out Solstice Bells"?

Hey, for collecting rep items, we could run through a Carn Dum or Urugarth instance (added bonus: there are deeds there which eventually lead to a metadeed horse; the key word being 'eventually'). Perhaps this Wednesday, since we don't have a routine to practice yet?

Re outfit, perhaps something with a top hat, since Yule Festival isn't far away ...

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

That horse is... a bit hard to get for me! I'm not a regular/main rider, but...I wish to have suitable horse when I attend.
sad time to collect rep items... *sigh*

Awarded:

Have you asked the "main" attendees if they are able to adjust time? I would really like to participate, but starting so late, on a school/work night is really hard. Of course, I don't want to beg for the time to be changed, or get mad if you say no, but if you could really consider it I would greatly appreciate it.

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Collecting the rep items is easy enough, with the right people and equipment. We collected rep items last night in Angmar and were able to boost Lhinnthel all the way to kindred. Trouble is, Gath Forthnir, where one buys the rep horse, apparently is restricted access. Vol 1, Book 7 of the epic appears to be the relevant quest line. So, anyone not yet to that part of the epic won't be able to get in to buy the horse, even if they have kindred status. I think that also explains the trouble she had with that statue(?); there is an epic quest which gets you past those.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Let's hear from the people who don't have the horse.

Are you interested in working through the Epic quest line to get the horse?
Would you rather that we switch to the runner-up horse, the Perlino steed?

hehe..actually, there's a cheat for getting inside gath forthnir

unless they fixed it with the most recent update, characters can be summoned to INSIDE Gath Forthnir - so, just get yourself a captain that can make it inside, and he/she can summon anyone that needs to make it inside for horse purchasing (dunno if there's also an epic questline gateing on the horse, but I don't *think* there is)

it may also be possible to use the store summoning items to bring people inside, but I haven't tested that

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: