Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Windy Acres Wants To Interview YOU!

Calling all riders!

Windy Acres Ranch would like to interview you for the web site.

Please take a moment to reply to the following questions. (IC or OOC is fine, just specify which you are doing.) There are two sets - one for racers and one for formation riders. Pick the questions that make the most sense for you. You can even mix and match!

Please include a screenshot of you (on or with your mount) that is at least 600 pixels wide and 400 pixels high. It can be larger, I can resize it easily. Please post the URL or the photo, or email it to kiralynn@roll3d6.com

Thank you!

Horse Racer Questions
* Who are you and where are you from?
* What is your horse's name and breed?
* What made you choose this horse from your stable above all the others?
* What inspires you to race horses?
* What was your biggest race and what was it like to participate in it?
* How do you train before each race?
* What are your racing strengths and weaknesses?
* What advice would you give to new, inexperienced riders?
* Is there anything else you would like everyone to know about you?

Formation Rider Questions
* How many horses (ponies) are in your stable?
* What is the name and breed of your favorite horse?
* What is the best part of being on the formation riding team?
* What are the biggest challenges that you face?
* How does it feel to perform in front of a crowd?
* What advice would you give to new team members?
* What are your other hobbies?

Awarded:

Sort of IC, but mostly OOC. Answering the Team questions.

I am Trignee of the Lonely Mountain. But I spent minimal time in the mountains and spent most of it huddled over a book in the Shire or slaying goblins in faraway lands, but always coming back to lazy-around in the Shire!

There are 12 horses in my stable! If you count goats (2) of course!

The name of my favorite mount is Annicka, and she is a steed designed for a Rune-Keeper.

The best part about being on the formation team is learning teamwork and knowing that even if you mess up, there are the people who giggle playfully at you and the people who honestly attempt to help you to do better.

One of my biggest challenges is strafing, my fingers are just too long and I always end up pressing 1 and 3 instead of Q and E to strife.

I've currently never performed in front of a crowd, but I am guessing it must be nerve wracking because if you mess up, you can't stop and back out, you have to pretend it didn't happen and sometimes it's just not possible to get back into position without making it seem obvious.

The advice I would give to new members would be DO NOT GIVE UP. Kiralynn is there to help and she is really good with horses! Even if they run haywire and jump you off cliffs, she is there to offer them treats to calm 'em down!

My other hobbies would be being a bad-dwarf with BBB, gossiping with my best friend/ RP-mother Anthemisi, another horse racer.

I am prone to messing up a lot, so if you see me standing there, doing nothing, you know I've messed up royally. :)

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Formation Rider Questions

Why, I'm Byrcha of The Shire, of course! Who else would I be? It's not like I have a Secret Identity or something.

Oh dear, I've lost count! There are at least two dozen now. Hungry hungry horsies! And goats! Don't forget the goats! I'm gonna need a bigger barn.

You asked me that last time, and now there are more of them to gang up on me if I pick a favorite! They're all jealous of Turnip, my riding team pony from Evendim!

It's a lot of fun when we run through the entire performance and all get it right! And Kiralynn always gives us pie after practice!

I'm not as tall as all of you Big Folk, so just not getting trampled can be a challenge at times.

What? We have to perform in front of a crowd? Hah, like *that* could ever even happen! Good luck finding a big crowd like the ones they always have at 'Ales and Tales'!

Practice, practice, practice. Then, after practice, go practice some more. And pie. Always have lots of pie! Hobb... er, horses get very hungry, you know.

Slaying evil-doers, exploring far-off lands, playing music, that sort of thing. But not playing music while slaying evil-doers in far-off lands; I'm no minstrel. And of course robbing the rich to buy pie for, um, the poor. Yes, the poor. Those poor, poor Hobbits who don't have enough pie... *wipes away a tear*

Whatever it is, I didn't do it. If anyone asks, tell them I was at Riding Practice. You know, like Certain Authorities. Not that anyone should be asking about anything turned up missing lately, of course.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Now that we have had our first public performance, members of the riding team should have a lot to say. Please reply with answers to the interview questions in the first post, and share your unique perspective. Thanks!

Jump to: