Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Performance

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Lennidhren has confirmed that A&T will be moved to the Horsefields for October 8th! We'll be performing!

So... perhaps we can help the stage manager come up with a specific list and order of events?

Yay! Huzzah!
I noted myself as stage menager of horse parade A&T
We may ask people this week to prepare horse themed acts for October 8th. Also, the winners or someone else may perform the winner poet or poets of Windy Acres Ranch contest? That would be super exciting for me, and your chetwood hills, Your version Beorbrand's version cadances can be added as seperate acts or to OW opening list...
These are bunch of my silly ideas :)

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Anthemisi wrote:
Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Lennidhren has confirmed that A&T will be moved to the Horsefields for October 8th! We'll be performing!

So... perhaps we can help the stage manager come up with a specific list and order of events?

Yay! Huzzah!
I noted myself as stage menager of horse parade A&T
We may ask people this week to prepare horse themed acts for October 8th. Also, the winners or someone else may perform the winner poet or poets of Windy Acres Ranch contest? That would be super exciting for me, and your chetwood hills, Your version Beorbrand's version cadances can be added as seperate acts or to OW opening list...
These are bunch of my silly ideas :)

What a fantastic idea to have the poets recite their contest entries!
Here is a link to the poetry: http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?p=1439
Winners: Cennwyn, Keli, Dannigan, Lelirnel

Please don't play the extended version of Chetwood Hills except during the riding team's performance. I really don't want people to get sick of the song, and we will already be playing it for over 5 minutes.

Anthemisi, could you please post a recommended schedule of specific acts for the evening? It would be really helpful to see what is going to happen and in which order.

To everyone -- if you have a suggestion for a change to my list of breeds for the horse parade, please make it right away. Our date is coming up fast and I want to work on ideas for matching outfits.

Awarded:

Here is my suggestion for the schedule of riding team events for the upcoming A&T performance. Please let me know if things need to be changed.

* The beginning of A&T happens however Anthemisi plans.

* We all /joinchannel RidingTeam so that we can keep coordinated despite A&T spam.

* When it's time, the entire riding team comes out onto the field in column, wearing our uniforms with dark chestnut horses. We face the audience and perform whatever mounted emotes we like -- /mountbow, /mountrearup, /mountkick, /salute, /swordsalute, /firebreath, etc.

* I will let the crowd know that we're the riding team. I explain that we'll be doing a horse parade, a formation riding demonstration, and a horse show (mounted fashion contest). I will announce that we'll do the parade first.

* Riders who are going to participate in the parade go back off of the field in column formation to do horse and outfit changes. Fireworks riders take two positions -- riders with Anniversary and Summerfest fireworks stand against the back wall, riders with the smaller fireworks take positions mid-field. Our drummers will play some parade music.

* While the music is playing and fireworks are shooting at a steady pace, groups of riders come out. They'll ride a big loop through the field, galloping on the far side, and walking when they're on the side in front of the crowd. The first loop will be people riding Cremello or Perlino steeds (rider's choice). As quickly as possible, we'll switch to Inn League and Harvest-brew steeds, then seasonal steeds, and finally Rohan and Horse Lords steeds.

* As the last set of parade riders clear the field, the fireworks end and those riders leave the field as well.

* Hopefully we now have everyone's enthusiastic attention. I'll ride back onto the field and announce that we're going to do the formation riding demonstration while our unit changes back to their official uniform and horses, then mount up at the gate. When they're ready, I'll join the drummers at the crowd to help play Chetwood Hills.

* We all watch in amazement as the riding team unit does the routine. If we have extra people, they can gallop out as the unit does their final bows/salutes and set off fireworks as the unit leaves the field.

* I'll ride out and tell everyone that it's time for the horse show. (Riding team members are welcome to participate.) Hopefully those who are not participating will play music for the crowd while I take sign-ups and tell them the rules.

* I will call folks out onto the field to show off their outfits as quickly as possible, call the whole group out onto the field (stage), take votes, award the prizes, and take screenshots. I am thinking 3 gold + Perlino for first place, 2 gold for second place, 1 gold for third place. (I can increase the amounts if anyone would like to donate.)

* The riding team will come out one last time, riding out in column, turning toward the audience, and each person bowing or saluting as I shout, "Let's hear it for [NAME]!" We'll clear the field and leave the rest of the show to the other performers.

What do you think?

I'll need y'all to let me know what you will be available to do...
* Ride in the unit? (We need 4 people for this, hopefully we'll have our regular unit.)
* Play music during the entire riding team event. (Chetwood Hills, plus music for the parade and show, I'll post those very soon.)
* Shoot fireworks during the parade and at the end of the unit's routine.
* Ride in the parade using any of the special mounts listed above with a matching outfit (your choice).

If we don't have enough people, we'll skip the fireworks.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/10/03 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Sounds like a good plan!

I can ride with the riding team, of course.

I will be coordinating OW for the event, so I can/will play music. Hopefully any/all new songs can be added to the LMB playlist zip in advance, to minimize confusion.

I have one of the Anniversary fireworks launchers, if needed.

For the parade, I have Perlino, Inn League and Grey horses (if the grey is the reward-one from Vol 1.). I also have the cave claw steed, and will ride it if necessary. I have the Harvestbrew goat, but not the horse (I can grab this in short order if needed).

I think we should plan for the riding-portion of A&T to close out the show (by 11pm), with no additional acts afterwards. Individuals could play music if people hang around, but folks usually vanish at 11 these days.

I wonder how to corral the crowd. We want folks on the eastern side of the field, correct? OW could be slightly further up the hill, with the fans along the edge of the field. Then the fans turn around to view the field, with OW playing music from behind them during the performance. That way, musicians aren't standing between the audience and the riders.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

In case my description was confusing, here's the layout I was thinking of for the horse parade:

Forum Image

It is very important that we keep the audience as close to the outer wall of the sports field as possible, otherwise some players will lose sight of the riders when they are at the far ends of the field.

I'll edit this post soon with some suggestions for songs to play during the parade and the show.

Here is a link to the Chetwood Hills song version we're using for the riding performance:
http://roll3d6.com/abc/1-chethills.txt
This is a 5 minute, 13 second version, not the standard one released with the LMB pack.

Noble Grey horse is not the same as Grey horse. Noble Grey is the Steam mount.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/10/02 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Actually, beginning is out of my plans...
Old Winyards opens the main A&T ceremony.
After that, as special act, formation riding will take place and will show people what are we/they doing and I feel super excited about it!
For poems, should we contact with poets? Or ask for volunteers?
The rest will be certain at that night, people tend to tell their acts at last minute, I will try to keep them suitable to Windy Acres Ranch concept and try to limit time less than 10 minutes. I crossed my toes not to exceed regular time limits.
There would be announcements and mentoring as usual.
Also, at the end, Old Winyards has a dance set...but this time there will be horse parade!
I will try to keep things as smooth as possible :)

Also, as the lazy rider of riding team, instead of being shadow of the core 4 riders I prefer to help fireworks...

Awarded:

I like that schedule. It keeps the formation early, which means I should be able to finagle staying online to participate!

For the parade I have Night, Grey (both the reward and the Steam one), Cremello and Perlino
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Anthemisi wrote:
Actually, beginning is out of my plans...
Old Winyards opens the main A&T ceremony.
After that, as special act, formation riding will take place and will show people what are we/they doing and I feel super excited about it!
For poems, should we contact with poets? Or ask for volunteers?
The rest will be certain at that night, people tend to tell their acts at last minute, I will try to keep them suitable to Windy Acres Ranch concept and try to limit time less than 10 minutes. I crossed my toes not to exceed regular time limits.
There would be announcements and mentoring as usual.
Also, at the end, Old Winyards has a dance set...but this time there will be horse parade!
I will try to keep things as smooth as possible :)

It sounds like you would like the horse parade to take place at the very end. I would love it if the horse parade could be our opening before the formation riding. I also will have a difficult time staying online past all of the open mic performances. Unless I am misunderstanding?

Awarded:

Performences of individuals aren't open mic, previous Nibbles and Nobs which begin at 8:30 pm servertime is, openmic.
If you have objections to take 'random' acts, I won't ask people. So, Old Winyards and poems can fill the gaps.
All the event should begin at 10 pm 9.30 pm and end at 11 pm servertime.
So, you decide what to do first.
Horse parade, to show rare horses,
Formation riding,
And horse show, which is I forgot to consider, so sorry about that.
Instead of whole opening set of Old Winyards, can we play a short opener song?
One horse event and OW again with a poem, or after a poem?
All depends you, Kiralynn.
How many minutes will be the horse show?

Last edited by Anthemisi on 2012/10/03 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Anthemisi

Awarded:

I also contacted with poets, waiting for their answer...
I typed this mail;

Quote:
Greetings,

As stage menager of the Ales and Tales, at 8th October 2012, in Horsefields, Bree. I have a question to you.

Firstly, I have to congratulate you again to be winner of Equestrian Poetry, July Contest.

My question is:

Will you able to be attend and recite your poem to audience as part of the main event? If not, do you allow us to recite your poem? Don't worry about plagiarism, I promise to mention your name with special thanks.

It would be nice if you answer as soon as possible,

Kind regards

Anthemisi

PS: A&T begins at 10 pm /servertime

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Anthemisi wrote:
Performences of individuals aren't open mic, previous Nibbles and Nobs which begin at 8:30 pm servertime is, openmic.
If you have objections to take 'random' acts, I won't ask people. So, Old Winyards and poems can fill the gaps.

Forgive me, I'm just trying to understand how A&T works. I have rarely been able to attend, as that is family time in real life. I would love some 'random' acts. My only concern is that Monday is a work-day, and I can't stay up too late past 11pm server-time, as that would also keep my family up. I figured that if the equestrian segments were done before then, I could log out to get the family to bed, and people could stay on to play and socialize as long as they like.

I am guessing the horse parade will take 5 minutes (we're going to rehearse that tonight).
I would allot 7 minutes for the formation riding.
Usually a fashion show takes 30 minutes, depending on the number of contestants, but I can try very hard to run that smoothly and quickly, to cut the time down. I wouldn't give it less than 20 minutes, though.
Add in 5 more minutes for transitioning between "acts" and just general goofs on my part?
I hope that is a good estimate. If anyone thinks I'm off, please post and let me know.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

I am guessing the horse parade will take 5 minutes (we're going to rehearse that tonight).
I would allot 7 minutes for the formation riding.
Usually a fashion show takes 30 minutes, depending on the number of contestants, but I can try very hard to run that smoothly and quickly, to cut the time down. I wouldn't give it less than 20 minutes, though.
Add in 5 more minutes for transitioning between "acts" and just general goofs on my part?
I hope that is a good estimate. If anyone thinks I'm off, please post and let me know.

I understand, glad asked you earlier! And no need to be sorry :)
It seems, if Byrcha has no objections, OW would be opening and background musician...
Before A&T folks would be entertained themselves already at Nibbles and Nobs.
Due to your 47 mins schedule, I won't be able to take acts of people. So the event will at before 11 pm as you planned. I'm sure, that horse related A&T would attract more people than we expect.
So, I would just watch and help anything you need as stage menager. There is no need to menage something I guess.

Urgent note:
I made a HUGE mistake above!
A&T begins at 9:30 pm servertime, which means 1.30 mins period.
As usual, Old Winyards will open.

Also I got positive responses from poets, 3 of them allowed to use it and hopefully Cennwynn will recite her poem :) Waiting for answer of other one.

Additionally, Kiralynn, to give you information,
Before Ales and tales, there is a open mic show called Nibbles and Nobs, which begins at 8.30 pm servertime...after that, Old Winyards opens A&T main ceremony with 3-4 songs, during their songs, people decide and pokes stage menager to note their name and acts. After that, they take stage one by one, sometimes as group or duo there are many performances and no restrictions at first sight. Near the end of that, there will be announcements of regular events, and other news, during announcements, there is mentoring, people who wants to learn instruments queue and learns the instruments they want from several minstrels.
After that period, there would be 2 or 3 short acts left, which means the end of the show.
As opener, Old Winyards closes the ceremony, with dance set.
And the end, this is ales and tales basically.

So, for next week, I really don't want to change opening of Old Winyards, also announcements are important, to keep things up to date.
Due to warm, positive, responses of poets, there would be poems, which can fill transitions.
That seems ok from my sight, any questions?

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Anthemisi wrote:

Additionally, Kiralynn, to give you information,
Before Ales and tales, there is a open mic show called Nibbles and Nobs, which begins at 8.30 pm servertime...after that, Old Winyards opens A&T main ceremony with 3-4 songs, during their songs, people decide and pokes stage menager to note their name and acts. After that, they take stage one by one, sometimes as group or duo there are many performances and no restrictions at first sight. Near the end of that, there will be announcements of regular events, and other news, during announcements, there is mentoring, people who wants to learn instruments queue and learns the instruments they want from several minstrels.
After that period, there would be 2 or 3 short acts left, which means the end of the show.
As opener, Old Winyards closes the ceremony, with dance set.
And the end, this is ales and tales basically.

So, for next week, I really don't want to change opening of Old Winyards, also announcements are important, to keep things up to date.
Due to warm, positive, responses of poets, there would be poems, which can fill transitions.
That seems ok from my sight, any questions?

Okay, let me see if I understand how this will go... *crosses fingers*

1) Nibbles and Nobs - Open mic at the festival grounds. (The riders want some privacy to warm up at the sports arena.)

2) You announce the beginning of A&T and people move to the sports arena.

3) OW performs 3-4 songs as the opening act.

4) The entire riding team comes out onto the field and does their salutes/rear-ups/etc.

5) I let the crowd know that we're the riding team, explain that we'll be doing a horse parade, a formation riding demonstration, and a mounted fashion contest. I announce that we'll do the parade first.

6) We do the horse parade with fireworks. (Cremello/Perlino, Inn/Harvest, Seasons, Rohan)

7) I ride out and announce the formation riding demonstration. We do that.
(Will OW be playing our version of Chetwood Hills?)

8) We shoot a few fireworks as the team leaves the field I ride out and tell everyone that it's time for the horse show.
(While I take sign-ups and tell contestants the rules, perhaps one or two poets could recite their works, or OW could play a song or two? It's boring watching me stand there and scan through /tells for sign-ups.)

9) I call folks out onto the field to show off their outfits as quickly as possible, call the whole group out onto the field (stage), take votes, award the prizes, and take screenshots.
10) The riding team comes out one last time, turning toward the audience, and each person bowing or saluting as I shout, "Let's hear it for [NAME]!" We clear the field.

11) Announcements and news, instrument mentoring, that sort of thing.

12) More poems are recited, songs are played, or whatever you think is appropriate.

*) Show's over! Thanks all around!

Sorry to be so specific, I'm just really nervous! wow!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/10/03 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

Okay, let me see if I understand how this will go... *crosses fingers*

Thank you for dividing into separate articles.

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
1) Nibbles and Nobs - Open mic at the festival grounds. (The riders want some privacy to warm up at the sports arena.)

2) You announce the beginning of A&T and people move to the sports arena.

MC will announce, I'll remind her behind :)

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
3) OW performs 3-4 songs as the opening act.

4) The entire riding team comes out onto the field and does their salutes/rear-ups/etc.

5) I let the crowd know that we're the riding team, explain that we'll be doing a horse parade, a formation riding demonstration, and a mounted fashion contest. I announce that we'll do the parade first.

6) We do the horse parade with fireworks.

7) I ride out and announce the formation riding demonstration. We do that.
(Will OW be playing our version of Chetwood Hills?)

It would be nice to ask band leader, I have no information.

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
8) We shoot a few fireworks as the team leaves the field I ride out and tell everyone that it's time for the horse show.
(While I take sign-ups and tell contestants the rules, perhaps one or two poets could recite their works, or OW could play a song or two? It's boring watching me stand there and scan through /tells for sign-ups.)

During that time, this is a nice plan! We need volunteers for poems, maybe someone in OW can do that :)

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
9) I call folks out onto the field to show off their outfits as quickly as possible, call the whole group out onto the field (stage), take votes, award the prizes, and take screenshots.
10) The riding team comes out one last time, turning toward the audience, and each person bowing or saluting as I shout, "Let's hear it for [NAME]!" We clear the field.

11) More poems are recited, songs are played, or whatever you think is appropriate. Does instrument mentoring happen next?

Usually mentoring happens near end but not end the end, for this time, after your show before dance set, if we have additional announcements about other events we can do that due to your plan.
And the last thing is Old winyards closing depending on the time :)

12) Show's over! Thanks all around!

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Sorry to be so specific, I'm just really nervous! wow!

no need to be sorry, this way is better than making mistakes at the event :)

LEADER

Awarded:

My half-baked thoughts...

1. Perhaps have the sign-up for the horse show happen during musical mentoring (i.e. during announcements)? Holding announcements til the very end means they might be missed by people who leave immediately. Lenn usually does announcements and plays music at the same time, so anyone who isn't being mentored is still entertained (i.e., people dance and clap like they do for any other act). If there aren't enough announcements, or sign-up takes longer, then OW can play some music in between. Actually, it is a good time to play a long instrumental such as Beyond -- we can be Lenn's backing band!

2. Poetry. If we're inviting folks to 'perform', I'd suggest assigning them a time slot like we do for the regular acts (e.g. after OW opener, before announcements/mentoring) so that they get everyone's undivided attention.

3. OW will play the Chetwood Hills piece for the riding performance. Even if I am riding not all of OW will be riding so I can still coordinate this in-raid. It would mean that OW and the riders and other A&T organizers are all in the same raid, which might get a bit confusing. We might need a separate raid for the horse show participants?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: