Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Star Trek Online

So, I recently returned to STO as a diversion. I even figured out the STO equivalent of crafting which allows you to gain levels without actually leaving spacedock. But there is also big news some of you might be interested in.

In advance of a content update, STO is running a promotion for the next five weeks or so for new characters ("Delta Rising") as a way of adding new players and/or reassimilating old players. If you roll a new character and accomplish the tutorial, you get benefits for that character as well as for any existing STO characters you already had. Additionally, completing the story quests will unlock benefits for everyone on the server/shard/thing, as well as for your additional characters. So, it is a way of encouraging folks to play a new character (BTW there is also a free character slot) while not neglecting their old characters.

If you want to contact me there, my new character is T'Byr (Vulcan); my others are: Cygna (Federation, in Andeon's fleet), Vetka (Romulan), and Lyhe (Klingon) -- all @vetlur. None are beyond level-50, so no end-game.

And yes, they have added tributes to Leonard Nimoy, whose voiceovers still appear in-game.

Last edited by Byrcha on 2015/04/03 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Is there some sort of invitation that you can send to folks, to get credit for new recruits?

Awarded:

Oh, you mean if I recruit someone? I don't think so. I think it is just that everyone benefits from the new folks advancing, and my other characters benefit from my new character advancing.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Bilwise
Officer

Awarded:

Star Trek: SPV (Secret pie vault)

And now we know where the pie vault really is.

We're through the looking glass here, people.

:P

One of the three MMOs still installed on my computer. I stalled out around level 45-50 I think. Does anyone from LMB still play there much?

Also, I'm a little confused about what benefits and how to get them. Is there a link that describes it in more detail?

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Here is a description: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards

Palantorio

everyone can add me as friend at STO : @palantorio

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Bilwise
Officer

Awarded:

Ok, trying to get this thing set up. Do I need the ARC thing or is there a separate STO launcher?

I couldn't find any other way than through the arc thingy. Still trying to figure out if I am through the tutorial and when the MMO part starts. So far, I'm just trying to fly through space (emphasis on try haha) and find stuff to scan or kill, though I finally did get to a part where I get to beam down (no Scotty though sad ) and save people from Borgs. I can't find options for grouping with anyone else, just me and my trusty sidekick... what's her name.

hehe

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

If you picked up the temporal device thingy, then you finished the tutorial (I think). So far it is mostly solo content, but you can do group content too (like instances, where a bunch fight a Borg ship). If you're very new, I'd suggest following the solo quest chains to get a hang for all the controls/concepts. The tutorial is just a start (comparable to the LOTRO tutorial; you're clearly not ready for serious stuff at level-7 in Archet).

You will begin to see other players in the main hubs, like space dock.

Bilwise
Officer

Awarded:

OK, I'll try that ARC thingy.

They have hobbits as a race though right? Right?

*dream fade*

Captain Bilwise: "Hey! How come the pie maker doesn't work?!?"

Ensign: "You mean the replicator? All replicators are offline since we need the power for the shields. We're under attack by the Romulans. The ship is more important than pie, right captain?"

Ensign: "Captain?"

Captain Bilwise: "Hang on, I'm thinking ..."

*end dream fade*

ARC does not work for me and I've heard a LOT of complaints about it.

I play STO via Steam. :)

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Mar-Evayave wrote:
ARC does not work for me and I've heard a LOT of complaints about it.

I play STO via Steam. :)

I downloaded via Steam as well - it was quite quick!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Hmm, pie-plicator ... engage!

I use the Steam version also.

FYI: the STO wiki has useful info (though sometimes incomplete on basics it seems), such as which quests are in which chains (this might be in-game somewhere, such as the Journal): http://sto.gamepedia.com/Episodes.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Page 3 of 4

Jump to: