Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Elyita

Awarded:

re: Shadowfax Sprint - Wed, Sept. 12 at 9:30pm ST/EST - Bywater

I volunteer for race judging or being the bookie; that sounds like fun.

Anthemisi

Awarded:

To make things certain, I note here.
Kiralynn is usual/official stage menager and host of talent show.
So, I asked her for another duties, and I assigned as judge and bookie, *cross your fingers for me to get up on time, please! :)
Thank you very much!

Officer

no problem, good luck getting up at such a strange hour.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Don't worry to much about specific job assignments now. Once we see who is able to attend and form a Raid group, everyone is welcome to pick the jobs they like best and feel most able to do.

Most of all we need course judges. After that, a bookie. We can use musicians to keep people entertained during the times I'm organizing the competitors. An ale and pipe-weed vendor would be nice but is entirely optional. I am always appreciative of folks taking high-resolution screenshots with the interface and names hidden. Folks with flower petals and fireworks are a big bonus, too.

If someone wants to MC the talent show, that's fine. People will be contacting me to sign up, but I can easily pass the final sign-up sheet to an MC as the event begins. That would free me to step back and take nice screenshots.

I used to try to assign specific roles ahead of the event, but too often people had schedule changes at the last minute. Now I just play it by ear when the Raid forms. Forgive me if I have caused any confusion. My mind is, quite honestly, elsewhere.

Volunteers -- Make sure to PM me your LOTRO forum name if you want me to get you a nice title.

So far, so good. It still looks like I will be available to MC the Talent Show. I'll try to log in a good hour prior to the event so we can confirm details.

~Aldekim

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Wednesday night attracted racing fans and talent show enthusiasts from far and wide, packing the aisles of the Methel-stage near Bywater. At the gate, fireworks were launched to guide guests to their destination. This year's Shadowfax Sprint boasted prizes beyond any that had been offered before. The excitement in the air was palpable. Guest musicians entertained the boisterous crowd as competitors arrived for the big event.

Eleven jockeys faced one of the toughest courses in the Windy Acres line-up for jumping. There were numerous fence and wall jumps, in addition to two steep, rocky cliffs. Beorbrand arrived in Bywater early, along with his most formidable rivals, Craicwyth, Lifebringer and Caiyyd. These veterans have given each other cold stares across the start line more than once this season. Craicwyth, along with several others, had been spotted surveying the course in the days leading up to the event. That's always a sign that the competition will be fierce.

Forum Image

Everyone walked down the hill to the road for the start of the race. The Call to Post was met with cheers from racing fans lining both sides of the track. Spirited horses pawed the ground in anticipation. Anxious riders gripped their reins tightly and focused on the path ahead. With a shout and a drop of her arm, Kiralynn sent the horses charging to glorious victory or ignominious defeat.

Lifebringer and "Buck" took command early, finding the shortest path through Waymeet to Sandson's Farm. His mount was behaving perfectly. He cruised on the lead and gained a full length advantage by the first turn. Fans who bet on him cheered and shouted encouragement as he crossed the race's halfway mark several lengths in the lead.

Forum Image

Several riders with an advantage coming into the back stretch found their steeds lacked the necessary endurance at the Yale-height. One suffered a devastating dismount when his headstrong horse refused an obstacle. Fortunately, there were no serious injuries.

When Artemieth's hunter steed "Trapper" made the surge in the gallop toward Tuckborough, it came as a great surprise to everyone who bet on the favorites. She skillfully navigated the wolf-infested farmlands to overtake the competition with amazing equestrian skill.

Not far behind her, an epic battle of wills was taking place between Beorbrand on "Swiftwind" and Maleko on "Dusk". In the back stretch, the pair overtook Caiyyd, forcing her into fifth place. Their horses fought for the lead, challenging each other relentlessly up to the finish line. Two judges and several screenshots were reviewed to determine that Beorbrand had led by a nose. Despite being edged out, Maleko's performance demonstrated a coolness under pressure that is rare in untried riders.

Forum Image

The lead horses thundered down the final furlong. At the finish line, it was Lifebringer, followed by Artemieth and Beorbrand, with Maleko shadowing for fourth place. Rioria won a Sinister Keg for betting on Lifebringer. Beorbrand won 500 Turbine Points and an account-wide Perlino steed. Artemieth won 1000 TP and a Perlino. Lifebringer won 1500 TP and the Legendary edition of the Riders of Rohan expansion.

Forum Image

After many fireworks, toasts and congratulations, the crowd moved back to the Methel-stage for the start of the talent show. One contestant lost his nerve due to stage fright, leaving nine contestants vying for the audience votes. First up on stage was Elyita, telling a humorous short story about drunken revelry. At one point, Elyita called her horse up on stage to help demonstrate her wild tale.

Next up, Beorbrand and three assistants formed a drum corps that proved just how versatile and under-utilized these instruments really are.

Forum Image

Artemieth rode on stage with "Trapper", recently recovered from his efforts in the race. She played a beautiful lute solo and sang lyrics that earned much applause.

Forum Image

Kiralynn introduced Alloyblue next. Many members of the audience found the jokes on aging and the elderly amusing, however it was clear that several older attendees were less than approving.

Carica came on stage next with assistant Beorbrand, carrying his infamous bagpipes. It was no wheezing country ballad that was played, but "Entry of the Gladiators" by Julius Fucik! With a flip, Carica magically changed into a brightly-colored outfit. The next three minutes were filled with a series of outstanding circus acts, including juggling, fire-breathing, equestrian tricks and sword-swallowing. The audience was amazed, crowding the stage and cheering at the top of their lungs. No talent show act ever received such an instant outpouring of approval.

Forum Image

No doubt nervous to be following such an act, Justor arrived on stage and performed two short songs with a large horn. Craicwyth walked proudly on stage next and played a song of his own creation, expressing his love of Autumn cider. Apothecary graced the stage after him, demonstrating his skill in animal training with a raven and a bear. He also alarmed the audience by turning invisible after reading a mysterious scroll.

The talent show's grand finale was a live musical performance by Godwineson. Due to the limitations of Raid grouping, only two dozen people were able to hear his music. Those lucky enough to be part of the group were so impressed that he still earned a significant number of votes.

Forum Image

Finally, it was time for the audience to vote for the winners. All of the contestants were called up on stage. Lively music entertained the crowd as the votes were tallied. A hush fell over the crowd as Kiralynn returned to announce the results.

An honorable mention went to Beorbrand and his team for their upbeat drum music. Third place, 500 Turbine Points and an account-wide Perlino steed was awarded to Godwineson for his real-life music. Second place, 1000 TP and a Perlino were awarded to Artemieth for her lute solo. First place, 1500 TP and the Legendary edition of the Riders of Rohan expansion were awarded to Carica for her amazing circus performance.

Forum Image

Finally, door prizes were awarded to members of the audience who correctly guessed the name of Kiralynn's favorite horse. There are now two more Sinister Kegs lurking in houses, waiting to tempt unsuspecting revelers.

Congratulations to the winners! Most of all, thank you to the volunteers who make these events possible – Aldekim, Anthemisi, Carica, Elyita, Rainwood and Tinki. Thanks to Floradine for donating the Perlino steeds. Many thanks to Celestrata of Turbine for donating the Riders of Rohan and Turbine Point prizes, as well as providing advertising and support for the Olde World Adventures.

We hope to see you at the next race and fashion show, the Haunted Derby, scheduled for Saturday, October 13th at 1:00pm ST/EST at the party tent in Buckland. The theme of the fashion show is Halloween costumes. The horse race will take riders through the Old Forest and Barrow-downs.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: