Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Shadowfax Sprint - Wed, Sept. 12 at 9:30pm ST/EST - Bywater

The Shadowfax Sprint
Date: Wednesday, September 12 at 9:30pm ST
Place: Methel-stage, NE of Tuckborough in the Shire

* Horse Race – This is the month in which Gandalf was given Shadowfax. 168% (fast) horses and ponies will be allowed.

* Talent Show – Entertain the crowd to earn their votes. Tell jokes, recite a poem, play music, do magic tricks, perform a skit, whatever it takes to impress the audience.

Only fifteen competitors will be allowed to sign up for each event, so contact Kiralynn in game early on Wednesday. Participants should arrive at least 15 minutes before the event begins.

The standard Windy Acres Ranch Horse Racing and Talent Show rules apply with one exception – horses and ponies of any speed may be used. Everyone who participates in the race will receive points in the Rider Standings. The top ranked riders will receive special prizes at the end of the season.

The talent show will take place after the race.

The prizes for each event are as follows:
First Place - RoR Legendary Edition and 1500 Turbine Point code!
Second Place - 1000 TP and an account-wide Perlino steed!
Third Place - 500 TP and an account-wide Perlino steed!

There will also be some surprise gifts for the audience to win!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talent Show Rules
In a talent show, a contestant wins by entertaining the crowd and earning their votes. This can be done by playing music, reciting a poem, doing a skit, telling jokes, dancing, performing magic tricks, or anything else that is family-friendly.

* Sign-up by contacting the host before the show begins. Only a limited number of sign-ups will be accepted, plus alternates.
* You must only take the stage when your name is called by the host. If you are not ready to take the stage, you will be disqualified and an alternate will be called up instead.
* You have 3 minutes on stage to perform. If you don’t exit the stage before your time is up, you will be disqualified.
* You can do any type of family-friendly (PG) performance. Vulgar language and offensive topics are not allowed.
* If several people perform as a group, they must tell the host ahead of time which of them will receive the prize.
* Any sort of unsportsmanlike behavior (such as spamming during another person’s act) will result in disqualification and your vote will not count.
* At the end, each participant and member of the audience can cast one vote for the winner. You can vote for yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horse Race Rules

* Riders must register to participate in the race. Registration closes 15 minutes before the event begins.
* Registrations are accepted at the race host’s discretion. Players who have been barred from races for unsportsmanlike behavior may not register.
* Riders must be at the start location at least 5 minutes before the race begins. Participants who pre-registered must check in at least 10 minutes before race time.
* Riders must join a raid fellowship with the judges and remain in it until the race results are announced.
* Goats are not allowed.
* No mount speed enhancers will be permitted. All buffs (temporary ability enhancements) must be cancelled before the race begins.
* Riders must only use their horse or pony for transportation. Stables, milestones, wayfaring, camps, rally points, acorns, mustering horns, summons and all other non-mount forms of travel are forbidden.
* Spamming fellow riders, giving a false start signal, having allies ride in the wrong direction to mislead riders, and all other forms of unsportsmanlike behavior will result in disqualification.
* Riders must clear all checkpoints in the proper direction and order. Course judges are the final authority in determining if a checkpoint has been properly cleared. A decision can be appealed if screenshots or video can be presented immediately after the race.
* If a rider falls from his horse, he may mount up again and continue the race. He will not be disqualified for swimming if he is dismounted at a water crossing.
* The winner will be determined by the first rider to cross the finish line, not the first mount.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/09/17 3:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

Woo! Finally a fast horse race! How exciting!

I want to race, but I want to enter the talent show too, and also want to volunteer in helping with the event!
Oh dear me, what should I do?

Anthemisi

Awarded:

Carica Berrywine wrote:

I want to race, but I want to enter the talent show too, and also want to volunteer in helping with the event!
Oh dear me, what should I do?

I'm the second one with that feelings!
I really do not want to miss... I'm still contrite about missing Rivendell Challange sad
I crossed my toes to be there!

Officer

Wednesday, great!! Perhaps I could help stage manage or MC the talent show. Naturally I will defer to anyone else who wishes to be involved in such fashion.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Adantariel

Oh my, equestrian event!!! *claps hands vigorously* This is so awesome! I'm new to the kin, that's why I'm so excited.

I'd love to participate. But since I'm new, I'm thinking I could so something simple, to learn.

So wherever you need a hand Kiralynn, Adantariel is ready and willing to help. Just put her somewhere!

~Ada

Officer

Awarded:

The race is less than a week away.

I need 4 volunteers for race course judges. This is an easy but critically important job.
If you can volunteer, please post here to let me know as soon as possible.

Aldekim, please let me know if you're still interested in MCing for the talent show. I'd love to be able to step back and screenshot/video record it.
(What a shame Aegthil's not around with his video magic!)

I hope to see you all there!

As it looks right now I will be available to act as MC for the talent show. (I'll have to work on a special outfit for the job)

~Aldekim

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Shadowfax Sprint

Forum Image

The race begins at an imaginary line that crosses the road, starting at the eastern post at the end of the path coming down from the Methel-stage.
Forum Image

Checkpoint One - Riders must pass clockwise around the far silo at Sandson's Farm. (32.1S/74.8W)
Forum Image

Checkpoint Two - Riders must pass west-to-east between the banner posts and the road sign at the starting area. (32.0S/70.0W)
Forum Image

Checkpoint Three - Riders must pass around the easternmost pillar of the Yale-height. This can be passed clockwise, coming up the hill from the south, or counter-clockwise, coming up the hill from Woodhall. (33.1S/65.0W)
Forum Image
Forum Image

Finish Line - The same as the start line. Riders must pass between the banner posts and road sign.

A clockwise pass means riding with the checkpoint on your right.
A counter-clockwise pass means riding with the checkpoint on your left.

Awarded:

EDIT: My father has asked me to delay travel. I will be able to host the event.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/09/10 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Unfortunately, I have a real-world scheduling conflict that evening and am currently unlikely to be able to host/assist/judge/attend. Sorry. sad

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, you read that right!

The prizes for the Shadowfax Sprint include...

* Legendary editions of the "Riders of Rohan" expansion!
* Thousands of Turbine Points!
* Perlino steeds!
* Special Sinister Kegs!

PS) I'm really going to need help judging this. With prizes worth $80+ people are seriously going to try and cheat.

Awarded:

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this time as we have family plans sad The event looks amazing Kiralynn, I'm going to be so sorry I missed it but cannot wait to see the photos and hear the tales!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

Put me any needed position Kiralynn...
Will there be a band around? If not I can be the bard of the event!

Officer

Anthemisi. Ifr you are not needed for other functions perhaps you could stage manage the Talent Show. I will MC the show and having someone else take act names and prompt me with them would smooth the process. We can talk about it once we know if Kiralynn needs you for something else.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Everyone willing to play at the event, please bring instruments. If you just want to add to the general festivities, bring flower petals, fireworks and other roleplay items. If anyone wants to act as pipe-weed and ale vendor, that would be wonderful.

You can play before and between events, and still compete - no worries.

Please do not use fireworks, special emotes and such during the horse race. It causes lag. Thanks!

I would like to have four race course judges. (Judges can compete in the talent show.) More would be better, of course. Due to the epic nature of the prizes, I expect to attract more cheaters and trolls than normal.

The judge at the Yale-height is going to have the most difficult job, so we could really use two people at that location. The checkpoint can be passed clockwise OR counter-clockwise, both are good. The main thing is that the rider goes up the hill and around the east side of the three pillars. It doesn't matter whether they approach from north or south.

I would love to have a Bookie for this event. A bookie allows the audience to choose the name of ONE person they think will win the race. After the race is over and the winner is announced, the name of everyone who picked correctly is entered into a drawing for a prize. If we have a volunteer for Bookie, we can give a lucky member of the audience a special prize.

For those who are racing, I'd like to remind you that jumping slows you down. The course has a lot of walls and fences. You're going to want to map out a path with the least number of jumps, without going too far out of your way. There are a couple of cliffs that you may want to practice going down.

This is going to be a fun race for the audience. The riders will pass the audience halfway through the race, so everyone will be able to see who is in the early lead.

Talent Show Rules
In a talent show, a contestant wins by entertaining the crowd and earning their votes. This can be done by playing music, reciting a poem, doing a skit, telling jokes, dancing, performing magic tricks, or anything else that is family-friendly.

* Sign-up by contacting Kiralynn before the show begins. Only fifteen competitors will be allowed to sign up for each event (plus alternates).
* You must only take the stage when your name is called by the host/MC. If you are not ready to take the stage, you will be disqualified and an alternate will be called up instead.
* You have 3 minutes on stage to perform. If you don’t exit the stage when your time is up, you will be disqualified.
* You can do any type of family-friendly (PG) performance. Vulgar language and offensive topics are not allowed.
* If several people perform as a group, they must tell the host ahead of time which of them will receive the prize.
* Any sort of unsportsmanlike behavior (such as spamming during another person’s act) will result in disqualification and your vote will not count.
* At the end, each participant and member of the audience can cast one vote for the winner. You can vote for yourself.

Here are some tips for those who want to compete in the talent show:

* There are many ways to perform. You can play music, recite a poem, tell a short story, do a stand-up comedy act, perform a short skit, do a magic show, and so on. Be creative.

* Prepare everything you have to say in advance. Use macros, LotroPad, cut/paste or whatever it takes to /say your text quickly. The audience will get bored if they have to wait for you to type. Check your spelling in advance.

* Stand near the very front of the stage so that the audience can hear you. Consider repeating your text in the AlesAndTales channel.

* Wear a memorable outfit. Try to wear something that goes well with the style of your performance.

* Test to make sure you can complete your performance in 3 minutes or less.

* If something goes wrong, don't panic. Try to continue with a minimum of fuss and delay.

* Bow to the audience before you exit the stage.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: