Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

re: Planning the third anniversary of Ales and Tales

veteranlurker wrote:
So far I have Floradine, Lennidhren and myself signed up for Old Winyards for this Monday's anniversary performance. We don't have anyone signed up for solo/duo/group musical numbers yet. Shall I start asking people (e.g. Melanie, Kaleigh, etc.) or do we have another plan being implemented? I don't want to offer/promise something to someone and then not have it happen.

As silly stage menager, I'll try to fill gaps of Old Winyards.
And yes people, big day is coming, prepare your acts!

Officer

Awarded:

Mellilot should be available to play with the band, and can also offer her original lyrics to the 'Gypsy Rover' for which there is a four instrument arrangement in the LMB songlist (as well as the solo version).
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to come play with OW. I haven't been able to attend A&T all summer because of a class (blame the Tolkien Professor for scheduling Modern Fantasy on Monday nights) but that's done now so I should be able to be there. I'll certainly make an effort for such a momentous occasion!

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

I would love to attend this with Gori, but again, I must sleep early (Real Life decided to make the following Tuesday a busy day! Mrph).

If I am to attend, I would love to tell one of Gori's tales, but it would have to be fairly early in the evening. I definitely cannot stay until the end (I'll be lucky to stay for the first hour).

Is this possible? I don't want to be needy with such precious time with such terrific people!

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:
I would love to attend this with Gori, but again, I must sleep early (Real Life decided to make the following Tuesday a busy day! Mrph).

If I am to attend, I would love to tell one of Gori's tales, but it would have to be fairly early in the evening. I definitely cannot stay until the end (I'll be lucky to stay for the first hour).

Is this possible? I don't want to be needy with such precious time with such terrific people!

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

*writes you as first/-after opener- act*
Thank you very much :) A&T birthday without Gori! Impossible!

Awarded:

Count me in for OW on the 20th.

Parduke
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Woo-hoo! Thank you very much, Anthemisi! That makes this possible!

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

I will arrive home tonight about or after 9 PM ST which gives me about an hour, perhaps, at Ales & Tales at 9:30 ST? Oh, but what a fun hour that will be! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

Tomeoric

Awarded:

Should be able to play with OW as well...
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:
I will arrive home tonight about or after 9 PM ST which gives me about an hour, perhaps, at Ales & Tales at 9:30 ST? Oh, but what a fun hour that will be! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

Great, Gori! Thanks again :)
Now, is it true place to ask I'm not sure but, I beg Harperella for a freestlye melody! Also Lennidhren and Floradine, please take some acts! Middle Earth asks for you!

Hello all, im new but will be there to support the kin!!

I am really excited to meet a bunch of you :)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Old Winyards update:

Based on the above, I have the following folks lined up to play with Old Winyards tonight:

Anthemisi
Apis
Byrcha
Floradine
Lennidhren
Mellilot
Parduke
Tomrica

If this isn't accurate, please let me know.

I also have Estellost and Shinarra, Astleigh, and Melanie (pending download of LMB playlist), and maybe Kaleigh (waiting to hear back) lined up to perform solo/duet numbers. We will likely end up doing some swapping/mixing-and-matching as we switch among solo and multipart songs.

Old Winyards band practice: tonight, 8:00 pm /servertime, at the Methel Stage (Bywater). We'll be using songs (Beyond the Western Seas set) from the latest LMB playlist zip file.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:

I also have Estellost and Shinarra, Astleigh, and Melanie (pending download of LMB playlist), and maybe Kaleigh (waiting to hear back) lined up to perform solo/duet numbers. We will likely end up doing some swapping/mixing-and-matching as we switch among solo and multipart songs.

These are addition to OW or/also this night's acts?

LEADER

Awarded:

They are all currently part of the OW set for Beyond the Western Seas.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Harperella
High Officer

I will most assuredly play some freestyle as part of the intro to our third anniversary. Also, I may call out many of the audience and stage crew for their contributions in the past. Hopefully, Galenhir, Locney, Lennidhren, Melilot and Bandoras will be present for some recognition as some of our previous MCs.

Also, could I ask for a volunteer this week to run some straw polls? They are easy to set up at strawpoll.me. I was thinking we might let the audience decide some things like:

Where was the best Ales and Tales ever?
Which was the best act ever?
What is the most memorable Ales and Tales moment?
What is your favorite part of Ales and Tales?

We can ask the audience the questions and get some choices, then send them off to the Straw Poll for voting. I'll stick the questions in between acts.

--Harper

Page 3 of 4

Jump to: