Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Rivendell Challenge - Wednesday, August 15 at 9:30pm ST

Forum Image

Join us for the Rivendell Challenge on Wednesday, August 15 at 9:30pm server time (EST). Meet at the Forsaken Inn in the Lone-lands. The first event is a cross-country endurance horse race from the Lone-lands, through the Trollshaws into Rivendell valley. The second event is a horse show, a mounted fashion contest. The audience will vote for the winners. The finale is a party at the Last Homely House in the Hall of Fire with music, fireworks and fun.

The first place winners of each event will receive 3 gold and a code for a 5th Anniversary cloak. Second place contestants will receive 2 gold, and third place contestants will receive 1 gold. Everyone who participates in the race will receive points in the Rider Standings. The top ranked riders will receive special prizes at the end of the season.

Only fifteen riders will be allowed to sign up for each event, so contact Kiralynn in game early on Wednesday. Participants should arrive at least 15 minutes before the event begins. The standard Windy Acres Ranch Horse Racing and Horse Show rules apply. Goats will be permitted this race. All mounts of any speed may be used.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/08/20 10:02 am; edited 5 times in total

Awarded:

As always, I will need a number of volunteers to help judge this event. I would also sincerely appreciate anyone who can come to play music. You can compete in the fashion show and be free to judge the horse race, so don't worry if you want to volunteer and win prizes. Everyone is encouraged to bring flower petals, fireworks, and other roleplay items. (Please, no fireworks during the horse racing, as it causes severe lag on some clients.) I would also love to see any high-resolution screenshots you're willing to take. Thank you!

Awarded:

Thread title and post text have different dates/times. Which is correct?

Edit: I guess not the 4th as we are past that date :)

Aldekim
Officer

ummmm, applying my editors eye to this original post as I moved it to this weeks' Landroval Times I note it saying join us Saturday August 15th.....August 15th would be a Wednesday.....hopefully this will be cleared up in time for my report.

I see Keli posted on this as I was writing up my comment...ya gottta be quick around here...

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The title of the post was correct, it's on a Wednesday evening. Weekend races are rare and during the day.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
The title of the post was correct, it's on a Wednesday evening. Weekend races are rare and during the day.

Join us for the Rivendell Challenge on Wednesday, August 15 at 9:30pm server time (EST).

Please count me as judge, it's fun!

Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I would be pleased to help judge as well!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'll only need two or three judges. I would love to have musicians to play at the Hall of Fire before and after the event.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/08/13 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I'm interested in view/watching the event, and would be happy to play in the Hall at the end!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Rivendell Challenge

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Here's a great place to stand and watch the start of the race:
Forum Image

The race begins at an imaginary start line between the milestone marker and base of the stairs in front of the Forsaken Inn.
Forum Image

Checkpoint One - Riders must pass between the stone structures at the Tornstones.
Forum Image

Checkpoint Two - Riders must pass clockwise around a boulder in the High Moors east of the Ford of Bruinen. (With the boulder on their right.) It is located at 33.7 S and 8.9 W.
Forum Image
View from the road.

Forum Image
View from the cliff.

Finish Line - An imaginary line drawn between the statue of Gil-galad and a cedar tree in front of the Last Homely House in Rivendell.
Forum Image

A clockwise pass means riding with the checkpoint on your right.
A counter-clockwise pass means riding with the checkpoint on your left.

After the race, we'll have the fashion show at Rivendell on this stage out in front of the Last Homely House:
Forum Image

And finally, we'll have roleplay, ale, pipe-weed, hopefully music and fun in the Hall of fire:
Forum Image

Awarded:

How close do riders have to get (on the clockwise side) to the boulder in the High Moors?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:
How close do riders have to get (on the clockwise side) to the boulder in the High Moors?

There is a cliff on the other side of the boulder, so anywhere between the cliff and the boulder. It's a fairly narrow area. I also expect that by the boulder checkpoint, the riders will be very spaced out, so it'll be easy to check each off of a list of names, get a screenshot of each, or whatever the judge plans to do to keep track of them.

Riders are always told that they should get pretty close, because the whole point is to "be seen by the judge and appear in his screenshots to verify you completed the checkpoint". A smart rider won't risk it. If someone doesn't read the rules ahead of time, doesn't listen to the rules when I announce them, and doesn't end up being seen by the judge... they'll be disqualified.

Awarded:

The big race is tomorrow!

I can use a number of volunteers for any of these tasks:

* Race course judges. Stand at a checkpoint, screenshot people who go by (or at least keep track of who does).

* Travel helpers. Someone to transport the audience from the Forsaken Inn to Rivendell after the race begins.

* Musicians. A little music ahead of the race at the Forsaken Inn would be wonderful. A lot of music in Rivendell at the horse show and party would be even better.

Volunteers are sincerely appreciated. Thank you!

Awarded:

If you need another judge, I can do so; but I would prefer to race this time.

I can play music both before and after.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

Dear Kiralynn, If you are ok with judges/watchers etc... I can take responsibility of entertaining people, both around Forsaken Inn and Rivendell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: