Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Guild Wars 2

Today, Guild Wars 2 is available for purchase. Kaerri and I will be taking a break from LotRO when GW2 comes out (it is evidently slated for release on the 26th of June).

Returning to LotRO is a matter of "when," but I do imagine we'll be busy for a couple of weeks while we explore Tyria once more with guildmates we have not gamed with in years. =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

Have fun guys! See you when you get back!

Officer

Awarded:

Aw... *sniff* We already lost some cool folks to Star Wars.
*Shakes her fist in the air* Drat you, Guild Wars!

Have fun storming the castle! :)

Awarded:

I am looking forward to take a peek at the game, too. However, I am not all that sure about the modern stylized presentation of everything so I guess it won't be much more than an evening here and there. Somehow I am far too oldskool for the pace of the gameplay I think. Sometimes even Lotro is too quick for me. But I like the overall concept and the many fresh ideas they bring to the table. No tank/healer/dd roles anymore! No more waiting for a healer in LFG! How cool is that! And I like those techy little people and the tree-huggers which actually are trees themselves. Thats a nice take on the usual race diversity.

Never played the original. The name seems to suggest that it is all about PvP - one guild warring against another - but after reading a bit on their site it seems the 'guilds' are the various racial factions. Anyway, looked interesting, but I don't have time enough for Lotro let alone another game. Have fun Mithril and hope to see you back soon, and at A&T at least. We'll miss your mellifluous loquaciousness. lol Let us know what you think of it as well.
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Aw... *sniff* We already lost some cool folks to Star Wars.
*Shakes her fist in the air* Drat you, Guild Wars!

Have fun storming the castle! :)

Kira, it's okay! *hugs* We'll be back (and we haven't left yet)! We have no intention of bailing on one game for another. All we're saying is that we'll be sharing our time between these two favorite universes of ours.

Love the "Princess Bride" quote! =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Locney Esgal

Might be joining ya over there when it comes out! I WILL BE BEST ENGI!

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
Alinniel
carimac

Awarded:

I plan to give it a try. Tried GW1 recently it was fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing GW2. That probably means I'll play LOTRO 4 nights a week instead of six lol for a while.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Haydnseek wrote:
Never played the original. The name seems to suggest that it is all about PvP - one guild warring against another - but after reading a bit on their site it seems the 'guilds' are the various racial factions. Anyway, looked interesting, but I don't have time enough for Lotro let alone another game. Have fun Mithril and hope to see you back soon, and at A&T at least. We'll miss your mellifluous loquaciousness. lol Let us know what you think of it as well.
To clarify: while there is a great deal of PvP in Guild Wars, it's all voluntary and optional. I'm not a big fan of PvP myself, though I did join in when my guild needed me and I had time. (Rather like PvMP, actually...my poor neglected spider.) The term "guild" actually has two meanings over there - the one in the title is from the lore background; apparently a few years before GW1 started, there were guilds which did a great deal of infighting (collectively called "the Guild Wars") which left the main human kingdom open to outside attack. (Cue plot!) Secondly, "guild" refers to the groups of players (what we'd call kinships over here), which can form teams of up to 8 people and battle each other in special arenas. (That's the PvP part. :)) I understand it'll work similarly in GW2 - i.e., no open-world PvP, just special areas you have to go to for it.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is, if you're interested but turned off by the PvP, don't be - it's going to be easily avoidable.

Good on you Dan! I played (and still play) GW from release until now. I absolutely cannot wait for this to come out!!! I hope to see ya in game. It's nice to know I'll have some friends to adventure with!

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

I bet you are up to speed with this aren't you?

https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/statuses/192670553436467200

EDIT: Argh... The forum software doesn't like twitter-links. Please copy the whole line and paste it into the adress-line of your browser.

Awarded:

Floradine wrote:
I bet you are up to speed with this aren't you?

Oh, yes indeed!

Still, it is kind of you to see that I do, good Flo! =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

Harperella
High Officer

I'm sorely, sorely tempted to go check it out... I resisted when SWTOR came out, will I manage GW2?

--Harper

Awarded:

Just got the Beta-invite mail.
But somehow I get an error message regarding I would need a GW2 account (which I already have successfully registered).
Well then... contacting support...

Awarded:

Floradine wrote:
Just got the Beta-invite mail....

Me too. I'll get started on getting everything set up later tonight.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: