Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Andeon
Officer

re: April Fools Sunday Night Siege...

Wow...I didn't realize our next SNS was going to be on April Fools. I'm not actually one for specially themed events usually, but this sounds like too much fun to pass up - sadly, I'm not sure I have any ideas suitable for an April Fools themed SNS, except perhaps ding-dong-ditching enemy strongholds in the moors, or gathering up companies for various instances armed only with frying pans...

so, I shall, as I so often try to do, leave it up to the company of my fellow Lonely Mountain Banders. What would we like to do this upcoming sunday? play pranks on the enemy strongholds of middle earth? or stay true to our course, and gather for fellowship, training, experience, and adventure in the traditional fashion?

and where should we go? we still have a strong company of folks interested, I believe, in Helegrod, and Barad Gularan. We always have some folks in need of Carn Dum and Urugarth. We have a large number of fellows at level cap trying to get some more experience and loots necessary for blinging out their characters. And Andeon wouldn't mind finally getting his hands on a worn symbol so he can finally get his hands on a lvl 75 LI...but thats more a personal thing :)

So, please, feel free to post your interests, and volunteer your services, here, and I look forward, as always, to standing side-by-side with my fellows on Sunday, and taking battle to the strongholds of evil all throughout middle earth!

Officer

Awarded:

Unfortunately, I will be out of town Sunday night, but perhaps some lower-level groups could run "Inn of the Forsaken". That's a rather foolish instance....

Lindorieh

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Andeon
Officer

ooh, thats right - i'd forgotten about the halls of night and the inn of the forsaken - both excellent ideas - thank you as always, Lindorieh!

For those that aren't aware, Lindorieh often leads a concurrent grouping event each sunday night, which has been dubbed the Sunday Night Skirmish, as Lindorieh will frequently lead groups for skirmishing, which allows for a much more flexible group and level numbers than the instancing usually involved with Sunday Night Siege.

we're sorry we won't see you this sunday, Lindorieh, but I'll see if I can't find someone to lead skirmish runs in your absence - I know you have several reliable followers, perhaps you could have one of them take over in your absence?...just a thought

anyway, looking forward to more adventures of all kinds this Sunday! Until then, and afterwards, good hunting and good fortune to all!

Some April Fools quests come to mind:
Trouble in Tuckborough Raid for all levels
Chicken Run to Rivendell
North Cotton Farms
The one with the orc cook who yells "Do you want that Pan Fried!"

Harperella wrote:
Some April Fools quests come to mind:
Trouble in Tuckborough Raid for all levels
Chicken Run to Rivendell
North Cotton Farms
The one with the orc cook who yells "Do you want that Pan Fried!"

that would be "Pan Seared", and that's Fil Gashan, one of my favorite instances in Moria
in fact, thats another capital idea - banders dressed up in goblin armor to fool the goblin guards...I like it

i'm not sure why North Cotton...oh, is that the one with the hypno-hobbits and their poison pies? if yes, then that would make a fairly good one

trouble in tuckborough doesn't have quite an april foolsy feel to me as much as the other two, but skirmishes are always a great way to involve a lot of different people and level breaks without too much effort

sadly, I lack experience with any of the longer chicken runs, and haven't done any of the chicken quests in over a year, so I *may* not be the most qualified to run such a thing, but if folks are excited about it, I'm more than willing to help organize an heroic band of weapon-wielding banders to guard a gaggle of chicken-runners.

Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Take the lowbies to a lvl 75 raid. Happy April Fool's Day! XD

Officer

LOL!! sorry, but that idea really tickled me briefly -

"Hey Bander's - Andeon's leading a special skirmish run for folks under level 30!! Come join in the FUUUNNN!!!" (sets defense of prancing pony for lvl 75 tier 3)

maniacal laugh...Maniacal Laugh...MANIACAL LAUGH...!!

you're mean, Carica :)

Awarded:

Andeon wrote:
"Hey Bander's - Andeon's leading a special skirmish run for folks under level 30!! Come join in the FUUUNNN!!!"

I'll be watching for that callout. Giliarond (lvl 28 LM) would love to come along. I promise I won't tell him a thing! :)

I'd also like to suggest a Roots of Fangorn run. Even though it's not strictly related to April Fool's day, I'd love to take a look at the place for the first time, as well as get my hands on some of those shiny barter items. I know of at least 2 kinnies who have run it already, so they may be able to give us some pointers...

High Officer

Awarded:

These are quite hilarious! :-)

Lenn still needs to finish Northcotton Farms for that quest line, and I always enjoy Fil Gashan - the dressing up in orc armor certainly would be a good April Fools' joke!

Personally, though, I'll have church after the OWTAEBBB concert so I won't be around for SNS until around 9pm EDT. I might just get in on one of those Inn of the Forsaken runs at that point - which, remember, are scaleable so it's not something only for the low levels!

Anarwald wrote:
I know of at least 2 kinnies who have run it already, so they may be able to give us some pointers...

Tip #1: Don't die.
Tip #2: Kill all the bad things, while referring to tip #1.

In all honesty, it's pretty straightforward. Fairly short, with only two boss fights. I won't post spoilers here, but I can tell what I know to any interested parties.

That having been said, I like the frying pan idea. Perhaps one of the Angmar or Annuminas instances... We'd definitely need video of the mayhem!

`Tinki`
Officer

I still want a pitchfork and frying pan raid! We could meet at Bree and hit the Barrows or Dol Dinen again, or..... "Were mad as heck, and we aint gonna take it any more!"

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

A frying pan-wielding company would be excellent! I most likely won't be available this time, but if it happens I want to see pictures.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Shadewicke

Well, Helegrod is out, as I understand it's closed for renovations (no joke!). I personally don't go to the Moors, but I know lots of other people enjoy it.

Something I'd like to see is the Rift instance (not the Skirm). A few other people mentioned it as well. Just adding another an idea to the pool :)

Gorstaad, 15 Man Loremaster
CGriffin
Officer

Shadewicke wrote:
Something I'd like to see is the Rift instance (not the Skirm). A few other people mentioned it as well. Just adding another an idea to the pool :)

The Rift run is one where I actually DO have to wield a butter knife or frying pan...

`Tinki`
Officer

Dol Dinen has been ripped to shreds by an angry mob! Townspeople have shown what happens when you cross the common folk! Pictures of this epic encounter are on our own gallery! Use the "details" function to see it all in glorious huge format!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: