Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldekim
Officer

re: 2/5 Great Barrows

I just want to offer my thanks to Gilarune for organizing a Great Barrows run this week, with special thanks to Kiralynn for joining us part way through the first section and being a major factor in our successful completion of all three sections.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Ranph
Officer

Awarded:

Thank you! I am honored you all had a good time! Its an honored to have served once again!

well done all! There was quite a bit of activity this sunday. I know we had our great barrows group run, and Ranph did an excellent job working up the crowd shortly before I logged on, which helped get things moving and organized.

We had a most...educational...Watcher run, previewed by a quick stab at the turtle. Turtle went quite smoothly, for the most part - with the single educational point being that people stuck in laghell won't properly get the pop-ups for rolled items - if you have someone lagging in your group, you'll need to wait until they've caught up with current events to do your looting (if you're using the roll/pass system)

The Watcher groups did quite well, for the most part - stage 1 passed easily (as almost always), stage 2 took a little more work, but the group rallied well. Sadly, stage 3 proved to stymie the company. I can't stress enough, the key to taking on the watcher in every successful run i've been in, seems to be having that small group lock down the head early. do that, and everyone can sort of take their time getting organized and onto the shaking tentacles...but you've *GOT* to get that team on the head - a tank to hold it, someone to heal, and someone to clear those melee corruptions. After that, sorting out the remainder of the raid, getting them onto the bridge, and onto the tentacles...is just a matter of being able to heal long enough for everyone to figure out what they need to do.

Sadly, lag proved to be the primary killer for two key members of our group, and we were light on healing, which doesn't help in a company that's just learning the ropes for the adventure. Still, all in all, an exciting series of battles, and I hope that many of our company helped sort out some of the details of group raiding throughout the course of the adventure.

After the Watcher, I led a company of 6 stalwart souls into skumfil, for a long overdue beating on Hwandrin, fungus-infected spider queen of Moria. She fell quite handily to our company, and we ended the night on a positive note.

I also hear there may have been a cd/uru company that went out...all in all, somewhere between 4 and 6 adventures at least, were had this sunday, and I look forward to more! I hope everyone had fun!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: