Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: LMB Riding Club Newsletter - Issue 4

Forum Image
Greetings and welcome to the fourth edition of the Lonely Mountain Band Riding Club newsletter!

CLUB NEWS

The riding club kinhouse has been redecorated for the festive holiday season!

Two more judges are needed to help with the Turkey Chase. Please contact Kiralynn at the event if you are able to assist.

The Steed of the Guardian will be available in the Turbine Store from November 23rd to December 8th for 1995 TP. It is a 168% speed mount with 250 health.

Want a FREE "Scroll of Lesser Craft Acceleration"? Now through December 8th, use code DMGCDC in the Turbine store!

Need to collect reputation items to buy a new mount? Due to the disappearance of all reputation items in the kinhouse chests, items will only be available by request. Contact Kiralynn if you need Mathom or Wardens reputation.

Interested in a weekly practice race? Let's get together every Thursday at 4pm EST.

UPCOMING EVENTS

The LMB Riding Club Turkey Chase will be held on Sunday, December 4th at 9pm EST at the ranch. After food and music at the kinhouse, there will be a horse race in the nearby countryside. The prize is a code for 1600 Turbine Points! There has been more interest in this race than previous races, so it is a good idea to practice the race course before the big day. The competition will be tighter than ever.

Forum Image

I am taking suggestions for scheduling of the next horse race. If you are a daytime player, please reply with the weekday and EST time that works best for you.

EQUESTRIAN NEWS

This month's equestrian feature is the Prized Dark Chestnut Horse. It can can be purchased from Celegdes at Tinnudir in Evendim after reaching Kindred reputation with the Wardens of Annúminas. Contact Kiralynn if you would like reputation items for this faction.

Forum Image

RACING TIPS

Think you're winning the race, but it's close? Take a screenshot of yourself crossing the finish line. Offer to email it to the judges immediately if there is any controversy.

Have a tip to share? Reply to this post!

BACK ISSUES

Here are links to Issue One, Issue Two and Issue Three in case you missed them.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2011/12/12 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Looking good, Kiralynn! Should be a great race this weekend!

--Harper

I have a question. I need one more gold Enedwaith Token to get the rep horse and have no idea what quest I can do to get it. Is there a repeatable quest that offers a gold token?

~Aldekim

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here's what I could find online. I hope it is helpful.

All quests are level 65.

Rep Quests

Quest: Black Flames
Given by NPC: Amarion, 58.7s 14.6w (Echad Dagoras)
Rewards: Grey Company Rep (700?), Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 3 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Find the source of the shadow-wolves power. (Torches in Black Dens Instance, entrance is at 60.8s, 13.1w)
NOTE: This quest is much easier at night.

Quest: Midnight Hunters
Given by NPC: Amarion, 58.7s 14.6w (Echad Dagoras)
Rewards: Grey Company Rep (700?), Player XP, Item XP (5,602), 3 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat Shadow Wolves (while there are some outside, easiest to do this in the Black Dens instance for Black Flames - you'll encounter plenty while tagging the lamps - beware of the Shadow of the Eye EM mobs if alone!)
NOTE: This quest is easier at night.

Quest: Uniformity
Given by NPC: Dagoras, 58.7s 14.6w (Echad Dagoras)
Rewards: Grey Company Rep (700?), Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 3 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Collect Uniform drops from Deserters nearby. (Lhe Lhechu camp, 59.4s, 15.7w)

Quest: An Outstretched Hand
NOTE: This is where the choice is made (as I understand it), to get extra Andraig quest(s) or extra Grey Company Quests. I chose An Outstretched hand *for extra Andraig* - this quest helps Grey Company - but as it was told to me, the quest it *leads to* is for Andraig.
If anyone can clarify I'd appreciate.
Given by NPC: Saeradan, 63.8s, 17.5w (Echad Saeradan)
Rewards: Grey Company Rep (700?), Player XP, Item XP (5,602), 2 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Fed-ex quest (back and forth) to take supplies to Gavar Cadlus

NIGHT Quest: Dark Spirits of the Windfells
Given By: Iuan, 61.8s, 14.1W (Gavar Cadlus)
NOTE: I believe this quest requires you to have chosen "An Outstretched Hand" from Saeradan
Rewards: Algraig Rep (1,200), Player XP, Item XP (5,602), 4 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat 3 Cuthraul

NIGHT Quest: Shadows of Fear
Given By: Iuan, 61.8s, 14.1W, (Gavar Cadlus)
NOTE: I believe this quest requires you to have chosen "An Outstretched Hand" from Saeradan
Rewards: Algraig Rep (1,200), Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 4 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat 3 Druggavar - 61.7s 14.42 is best spot.

Quest: Protecting The Herd
Given By: Davudh, 65.1s, 16.4w (Uch Cadlus)
Rewards: Algraig Rep (900), Player XP, Item XP (5,602), 1 Golden Token of the Wilds
Objective: Kill 3 beasts that are attacking the Herd nearby. After talking to Davudh again, you'll be asked to take the Ox-Meat to Saeradan's camp and then, of course, head back to Davudh again for your reward.

Quest: Marauders of Nan Laeglin
Given By: Siorus Brehur, The Brenin's Hall (Lhanuch), 66.5s, 17.3w
Rewards: Algraig Rep (700), Player XP, Item XP (5,602), 3 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Kill 8 Wargs, 8 Half-Orcs in Nan Laeglin

**NEW 11/29/2010**

Quest: The Half-Orcs
Given By: Siorus Brehur, The Brenin's Hall (Lhanuch), 66.5s, 17.3w
Rewards: Algraig Rep (900), Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 4 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Kill 12 Half-Orcs

Quest: Signs Among the Ashes
Given By: Glynn Brenin, The Brenin's Hall (Lhanuch), 66.5s, 17.3w (900), Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 4 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Find Equipment on 2 Half-Orcs (no, I'm not making this up. let me know if you need [Rubber Gloves] crafted..

Quest: Silence the Sentries
Given By: Gronu, Thror's Coomb, 67.4s, 13.9w
Rewards: Algraig Rep (900), Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 4 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat 6 Sentries at Pruv Cadlus and 6 Sentries at Sarf Cadlus

Silver Token/Item XP/DESTINY POINT Quests

There are three quests in the Hobbit Village that are repeatable. I think there are better/easier ways to get these rewards. This quest is pretty spread out and you'll get a fair amount of mob aggro while you collect poop.

There are pre-reqs, but once you complete all the quests in this village, some of them are bundled together into repeatables.

Quest: 'Miraculous Growth'
Given By: Iago Glennudh, 62.5s, 23.1w (under the bridge) (Maur Tulhau)
Rewards: 250 Destiny Points, Player XP, Item XP, 4 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Pick up Boar Crap (still not kidding) and Marigolds.

Quest: Stoors for the Winter
Given By: Caradog Henbuch, 62.1s, 23.0w (Maur Tulhau)
Rewards: 250 Destiny Points, Player XP, Item XP, 3 Silver Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Collect 10 Stag Meat and 10 Stag Antlers

Quest: Reducing the Threat
Given By: Iolo Brochtu, 62.0s, 22.9w (Maur Tulhau)
Rewards: Player XP, Item XP, 3 Silver Tokens of the Wilds (NO DP)
Objective: Defeat 12 Bugan (hobbit-goblins)

Gold Token Quests

Also see 'Protecting the Herd' in the Rep Section for 1 more Gold Token quest.

These 8 quests are quick with a group and gives out over 85,000 Item XP and 13 Gold Tokens for about 30 mins of work.
On your first run, you'll get 4 quests. Complete them and you'll get 3 more. Complete them and you'll get the last of the 8.
Once you've done them all, on your next visit, all 8 will be available from the start.

For your first run, these are in order of receipt. (1-4) then (5-7) then the last one.

Quest: Dangerious Quarry
Given By: Frithgeir, Zudrugund @ Nar's Peak, 65.6s, 8.5w
Rewards: 4,651 (at lvl 64) Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 2 Golden Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat 10 Gwiber (big or small, doesn't matter)

Quest: The Clutch Collapses
Rewards: 4,651 (at lvl 64) Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 1 Golden Token of the Wilds
Objective: Destroy 3 Gwiber-Egg clutches

Quest: Relics of the Fallen
Rewards: 4,651 (at lvl 64) Player XP, Item XP (9,277), 1 Golden Token of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat Giants to recover a relic (usually takes 6 kills or so)

Quest: Nar Sends His Regards
Rewards: 4,651 (at lvl 64) Player XP, Item XP (9,277) 2 Golden Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Kill 5 Giants near High Home and 5 Giants near Mafan-mudun

Quest: The Bigger Ones
Rewards: 4,651 (at lvl 64) Player XP, Item XP (12,951), 2 Golden Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Summon and defeat 2 drake bosses. (The 2nd one is a pain - get out of the fire!)

Quest: Crumble The Support
Rewards: Player XP, Item XP (12,951), 2 Golden Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Defeat 4 named Giants

Quest: The Call of Our Fathers
Objective: Take rubbings from 3 Ancient Pillars

Quest: Gunnberg's Folly
Rewards: 14,692 (at lvl 64) Player XP, Item XP (12,951), 2 Golden Tokens of the Wilds
Objective: Destroy 3 Tribute Piles (quest then advances to summon and kill a boss that you'll find up a narrow path)

So, short version, Protecting the Herd and the TC dailies, which I'd be interested in doing as well...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: