Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> J.R.R. Tolkien
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Andeon
Officer

re: LMB Book Club, Silmarillion ch. 13 -- November 5th

I probably shoulda been more clear - currently, fridays, I'm *at best* available by about 11pm PST - that'd be...what?...2am EST/server time? - and lately, they've been pushing me back by about 2 hours to fill in for some missing folks...

so yeah - like I said - fridays, unless everyone interested has equally odd schedules, or lives on the other side of the world, would probably be untenable for myself and those with similar schedules, although again, do what works for the best company

and thank you Lennidhren - you may be able to imagine how satisfying it was to review literature - themes, tools, techniques and content - one of the things I miss most from school, and something I almost never get to do anymore, except occasionally with like-minded friends

Awarded:

I've actually been thinking about restarting this lately. It might be good to read the Hobbit together again, given the film and the Road Trip. We've also got a series of songs we developed for that one that would be fun to revisit. We can move on to Harder works after that. I would love to do the Children of Hurin also.

Yes, I am crazy busy, but a good book club is worth it. Mondays for me are reserved for A&T. If I don't get there, it's because I'm grading or hubby is pouting. Sometimes, both. Tuesdays are the podcast and Latin with Mythgard. I have Latin on Fridays too from 9:30 to 10:30 pm Eastern. I'm not sure if Andeon is talking midnight Eastern or Pacific, since he lives in the West as I do... I'm not up at midnight here, even on Fridays.... I can meet on Wednesday or Thursday nights. Weekends are sketchy because of plans and grading, though I have been trying to hangout with Andune, though not as successfully as I had hoped. If we set a weekend time, I can try to make it. Saturdays are better than Sundays, now that Andune is performing on Sundays. And if I ever level enough, SNS is on my to-do list. I understand the Captain can teach me a few things...

I hope that helps. I'd love to see this get going again and promise to help if it fits my ugly schedule.

Gaiagil

I'm thinking we should move this, or recreate a more streamlined version of this discussion, in the kinship events forum.

I'd also like to go ahead and move this event solidly to saturday for our consideration - we'll have to re-check against all the regular saturday events, but it sounds like for several key people, at least, saturdays at *some* time *might* work

weekdays appear to be all over the map, and sundays sound like we've got a lot of people committed to several activities, not the least of which is one I'd prefer to avoid bumping if at all possible :)

obviously, there's no solid saturday yet, but I'm thinking if we can nail down a time on saturday that works for key players, we can open the option up to the rest of the kin and figure out who can/can't make it, and what other times might work as well

anyone mind?

this is for start times only - usually lasts about an hour to an hour-and-a-half
Saturday early morning (say...10-noon saturday mornings...ick...shudder - but I can make it)

saturday afternoon (noon-3ish?)

saturday late afternoon (3-6ish?)

saturday evenings 6-9ish..

saturday late evenings 9-midnight

i broke it into 3-hour blocks just for...ease of...something - if you have a more specific suggestion, be my guest

saturday mornings conflict with the occasional morning race by kiralynn (as they happen once a month or less at that time, I think we could safely abandon a book club meeting for any one race)

saturday afternoons will conflict with Andune, right? what time?

Saturday afternoons also sometimes conflict with BBB filmings, but those are also only occasional

any other regular saturday conflicts anyone can think of?

Awarded:

There seem to be a lot of scheduling conflicts, and while I'd love to participate, most of the time slots suggested wouldn't work for me.

I would love, as others have mentioned, to explore the idea of doing this via the forums. It would become a much more flexible activity, and it would allow folks with different hours to take turns "hosting" (putting together questions, etc).

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

Perhaps, if there's a time when a core set of people could settle on, they could meet then, and then a secretary could post a summary to the forums. Then others could reply, and continue the discussion if they couldn't be there in person. A hybrid, of sorts.

For me personally, Saturdays are highly variable - some weeks things are happening, other weeks they aren't - but in general that day would work.

I'm also in favor of shifting this discussion to another thread. I feel a bit guilty for constantly bumping up chapter 13 of the Silmarillion.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> J.R.R. Tolkien All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: