Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Andeon
Officer

re: Lonely Mountain Band Riding Club Newsletter - Issue One!

thats exactly what I was thinking - a grand moria race (on goats) that hit all the major dwarf encampments...from durin's threshold through to the 1st hall, and everywhere in between - hrm...and, in true dwarvish fashion, perhaps have everyone stop at a checkpoint to pick up brews...do the whole race in sepia toned drunk vision mode...

oh, and of course, race at your own risk - if you aggro mobs, you're on your own, although, that'd be a great thing to see, a whole host of non racers that'll clear out every mob in moria (major pathways only - take the "scenic route" and you're on your own)

crazy epic, and probably near (if not totally) impossible - but I'd *love* to see it

Officer

Awarded:

If you actually manage to pull that off, you've got to get people to video record it. That would be epic enough to share with the entire LotRO community! I can't even imagine what the prize should be for completing such a trial of bravery and horsemanship.

begins the planning...and the prize...this is along the lines of what I'm thinking...

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=world%27s+biggest+geode&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1280&bih=837&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=F2PFmrQsvSba8M:&imgrefurl=http://swamiramananda.com/new%2520ashram%2520page.htm&docid=oEiIzA1ryiLuzM&imgurl=http://swamiramananda.com/New%252520Ashram%252520Page_files/image003.jpg&w=845&h=700&ei=K2OwTu85jJqyAs2o-NYB&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=702&vpy=519&dur=904&hovh=204&hovw=247&tx=97&ty=156&sig=110390826538926576757&page=1&tbnh=149&tbnw=180&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0

Officer

Awarded:

I am SO in.

re: nice find

Excellent find Andeon, I remember seeing that a while back and just going.. woah... I wants :)

You could also have rock climbing portions of the race that would require jumping your mighty goat off a small cliff and then hopping up the other side in whatever fashion/shortcut you can find, then continuing. That would create epic screenshots of hundreds of small folk and large folk alike going full on lemming and then running into a wall before someone figures out a way up :)
`Tinki`
Officer

I must enter Dazzl,shes a tinker. One Amethyst and Im leveled!

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Heheh... believe it or not, I actually seriously considered Andeon's suggestion. And I discovered that there is actually no way to figure out a route through Moria, using only main roads, that goes through each dwarf-camp exactly once. The best route I could think of would be:

Durin's Threshold -- Dolven-view -- Twenty-first Hall -- Jazargund -- through the garden -- Chamber of the Crossroads -- Dolven View -- Deep Descent -- Rotting Cellar -- Anazarmekhem -- Orc-Watch -- Shadowed Refuge -- First Hall

So the racers would have to go through the Dolven-view twice. Some of the loops may be inverted, so we go clockwise instead of counter-clockwise.

I can't believe I actually thought about that prospect this far. I must be crazy. Either that, or I've been questing in Moria for too long. tongue out

EDIT: Whoops! Forgot to add the Shadowed Refuge up there the first time.

all right, we've been joking about this for awhile, but then someone thought up a course...

Now, I'm committed - oh, it'll take quite awhile to plot out, I'm sure - and its not like I don't already have 50 things on my plate - but I'm committed to the Khazad-Run! (name pending...)

I'll start with Anarwald's course ideas, debate fixed course vs open run, and see what we can do about an *actual* prize (theres no way in a million years I'd be able to afford that thing...except...I suppose, if I *actually* had a million years, I could just make one myself :)

so yes...thus begins the first days of the impending Race through Khazad Dum!

Awarded:

Now I've gone and done it, haven't I?

*smackhead*

Officer

Awarded:

Maybe a nice Agate Slab would be more in line...

I appreciate the suggestion, Kiralynn...but eck! Agate? ...blech - no, its amethyst or nothin'!

(my birthstone - Ive always had a fondness for amethyst)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: