Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales 8/1 @ Staddle Town Square-UPDATE

UPDATE: So, due to weather, my real life plans to go to our local Farmers' Faire with the family have been switched from tomorrow night to this evening...... so I will not be back in time for Ales & Tales... However, I will go ahead and make up a setlist and do parts assignments with whoever we have signed up. Right now we have 4, so I'll see how many we have by say around 2:00pm and I will base the setlist on that many and do the parts. Then it will just be a matter of someone hitting the Play button during the set this evening.

Of course, if someone else wants to bandlead and create a setlist, that is fine too! Just let me know before 2:00pm and it's all yours haha.

Hail friends! Join us this Monday evening for Ales and Tales in Staddle!

Nibbles & Nobs starts around 7:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 8:30pm (EDT/servertime).

Help Out Backstage:
If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew
Newcomers welcome! No experience necessary...we will train! We do appreciate any help you can give!

Play with Old Winyards:
Old Winyards always has room for folks to join the house band!
If you would like to play with us, be sure to have the Monday Night Music Files listed on the sign-up sheet.

You may sign up for playing with the band this week at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit?pli=1#gid=1757698963 on the left-hand side of the sheet. Or, just reply to this post.

If you are new, please enter your name and indicate which instruments you play on this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1035051879 (and do bring them all with you). Please be ready to rock by 8:30pm /server time and wear burgundy.... the color of wine!

Using Songbook to Sync music:
If you'd like to learn how to sync music with a band, Eilye has written a very informative guide explaining how to use the Songbook Plugin!
http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10492542

Share a song or tale!
We always need folks to entertain!
If you have a song or tale to share, please come along and sign up to share it in the main show, or participate in Nibbles & Nobs' open-mic!

We do hope you can join us!

Last edited by Tulenn on 2022/08/01 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Snarald

Snorald plans to be there, but my day may make other plans for me before then
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Parts are posted. If anyone else comes they can just fill in for one of the alts. Have a great night, everyone! :)

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             

Ellasse
Officer

Awarded:

I plan on Ellasse being there :) I'll fill whatever parts need filled

Bandleader of the Ellasstics (Tham Merenglir, 1 High Road, Caratry, Bree-land)

Kin alts: Eddard, Mrain, Dwardin, Evermeorn

Non-kin alts: Selmas, Celeberyn, Spokane
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: Re: Ales & Tales 8/1 @ Staddle Town Square-UPDATE

Tulenn wrote:
UPDATE: So, due to weather, my real life plans to go to our local Farmers' Faire with the family have been switched from tomorrow night to this evening...... so I will not be back in time for Ales & Tales... However, I will go ahead and make up a setlist and do parts assignments with whoever we have signed up. Right now we have 4, so I'll see how many we have by say around 2:00pm and I will base the setlist on that many and do the parts. Then it will just be a matter of someone hitting the Play button during the set this evening.

Of course, if someone else wants to bandlead and create a setlist, that is fine too! Just let me know before 2:00pm and it's all yours haha.

Hail friends! Join us this Monday evening for Ales and Tales in Staddle!

Nibbles & Nobs starts around 7:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 8:30pm (EDT/servertime).

Help Out Backstage:
If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew
Newcomers welcome! No experience necessary...we will train! We do appreciate any help you can give!

Play with Old Winyards:
Old Winyards always has room for folks to join the house band!
If you would like to play with us, be sure to have the Monday Night Music Files listed on the sign-up sheet.

You may sign up for playing with the band this week at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit?pli=1#gid=1757698963 on the left-hand side of the sheet. Or, just reply to this post.

If you are new, please enter your name and indicate which instruments you play on this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=1035051879 (and do bring them all with you). Please be ready to rock by 8:30pm /server time and wear burgundy.... the color of wine!

Using Songbook to Sync music:
If you'd like to learn how to sync music with a band, Eilye has written a very informative guide explaining how to use the Songbook Plugin!
http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10492542

Share a song or tale!
We always need folks to entertain!
If you have a song or tale to share, please come along and sign up to share it in the main show, or participate in Nibbles & Nobs' open-mic!

We do hope you can join us!

Truthfully, I am beginning to wonder if folks are just getting tired of so many music shows. I will get there as soon as I can tonight, but i am going to read to children in a homeless shelter.

Ellasse
Officer

Awarded:

I posted this in discord, too. It's short notice but I can band lead OW tonight if announcements and such are taken care of.

Bandleader of the Ellasstics (Tham Merenglir, 1 High Road, Caratry, Bree-land)

Kin alts: Eddard, Mrain, Dwardin, Evermeorn

Non-kin alts: Selmas, Celeberyn, Spokane
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

You will make a fine band leader.
Bima will take care of announcements and will also love to MC.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Lassie you did a great job!!

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Ellasse wrote:
I posted this in discord, too. It's short notice but I can band lead OW tonight if announcements and such are taken care of.

Thank you so much for band leading! Any time you want to do it again you are more than welcome!

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Truthfully, I am beginning to wonder if folks are just getting tired of so many music shows. I will get there as soon as I can tonight, but i am going to read to children in a homeless shelter.

What a wonderful thing to volunteer for.... I'll bet those kids really enjoyed it!

I sometimes wonder this about the music shows also. I know that often times the attendance at A&T wanes a bit towards the end after all the band alts are dismissed. How is attendance at other shows? I love music and attending shows but I'm not one to go to one every night because I can't even keep up with questing content on my main as it is. Feel like I'm always playing catch up so I'm ready for the next expansion/upgrade.

Alt Kins:

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

A lot of the other shows have good attendance, but mostly because they are static, always in Bree and round robins. Our audience has always waned a bit in the Summer, but this seems a bit more than usual. Part of this may be people being able to get outside of their houses again this year. There are several things we can do rather than going full Round Robin.

We can take Ales and Tales to being every other week.
We can do more Theme Nights, making each show as different as possible. (we will run out of Ideas)
Or choose a static spot for the show and only go somewhere special for a themed show every now and then

It is not just the audiences that are on the decline. To me it seems as though the drive to play in the show has slightly lessened. Burn out, even in a game is a real thing, and with the pick up in the kin towards doing raids and the release of new content, many of our folks are finding those aspects of the game more appealing.

Boholas

I have been missing the Ales and Tales lately since it conflicts with running with Club-Eclair which also happens Monday nights. I use to be able to do Club-Eclair and then the Dance set, but that was starting to get rather lite attendance for the second set and I understand the reason to have just the early set. I think summer has people doing more stuff in RL and with the longer daylight hours are keeping people busy.

Warder of the Weald: Bohunk, Boharmine, Bohimili, Bofrog,...   Bounder of the Shire: Boermmy, Bohregard
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

I do think a lot of folks are taking advantage of finally being able to get out and about which is understandable. And I honestly think that after summer is over we may get an influx of folks because they will be outside less and because The Rings Of Power debuts on September 2nd. It will be interesting to see how many folks begin playing LOTRO once the series gets rolling. It's quite possible we may get a lot of "non-gamers" who just want to immerse themselves in Middle Earth and listen to music.

I think the changes we have made (once a month round robin and just playing first half hour) have been positive. For myself, I do enjoy playing at different venues and I will try harder to contribute ideas for different places as I'm sure it is a bit of a chore having to constantly come up with a venue schedule.

Also, just to let everyone know we are always looking for folks to join in and help out with different aspects of Ales & Tales. Don't be shy! Each week we need someone to band lead, stage manage, Emcee and read announcements. I know I for one would be happy to let someone give band leading a try anytime. When I started out I was one of 3 people doing it and I'd be fine with having a few folks rotating off and on. Please feel free to talk to one of us if you are interested in participating. Many hands make light work and all that haha.

Alt Kins:

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Tulenn wrote:

Also, just to let everyone know we are always looking for folks to join in and help out with different aspects of Ales & Tales. Don't be shy! Each week we need someone to band lead, stage manage, Emcee and read announcements. I know I for one would be happy to let someone give band leading a try anytime. When I started out I was one of 3 people doing it and I'd be fine with having a few folks rotating off and on. Please feel free to talk to one of us if you are interested in participating. Many hands make light work and all that haha.

Yes, this

It does get really hard when just a few folks are doing the work. None of the jobs for Ales and Tales are difficult.

I would like to see us shorten the announcements to just the upcoming special shows. We can then post the Weekly steady shows on Ales and Tales Events and our Discord page. Most of the regular attendees know when a show is, and I post posters for each nights shows.

Loeci
Officer

Awarded:

I do think a lot has to do with summer. But for me it's work. I don't get out until 7:45pm server if I leave on time. Then dogs need out for about an hour and half. So I'm always late for it. sad

LMB alts: Isranayr, Estelmiriel, Illystar, Silmairien, Cyrce, Snapdragonn, Wyldbyrd, Jaznah, and Wyldbeary

Fury's Paean: Ladgerdaa, Simoric

Werewargs of Lindon: Scallywarg, Scallypaws

Order of the Silver Flame alts: Drakmoor, Dawnie, and others

Alt kins: Scallyrats Rum Pirates: Beldawraith, Gilarii, Alagosil

East of the Sun West of the Moon: Mystralia 

Pies n' Pints: Belgariath 

Pievengers of the Shire: Snowdropp

Scallyrat's Rum Pirate Band: Scallysong, Scallyrum, Scallymouse, Scallyrogue, and Scallyshark

The Byrd and Berri Inn: Wyldbyrd, Wyldberri

other games: SWTOR (Loeci, Gil'raen and many others), ESO @wolfsong66 (Loeci, Shaolinn, Illystar, White'heart, Drak'moor, etc)

“Above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.”

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I agree that condensing the announcements is probably a good idea. Focusing on special events is a time-honored tradition. wink

Other than minor tweaks, let's wait until say late-September before making bigger changes. Summer has been challenging in the past for finding bandleaders/musicians for Old Winyards, stagehands for the show, bands/audience for the show, etc. And, as mentioned above, this is the first summer in three years when many people are traveling.

Hopefully there will be an influx of new (and olde) folks following the release of the new LOTR series.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: