Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivaril

re: App: Ivaril

The application submitted by Ivaril is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Ivaril
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 37
Race : Race of Man
Class : Hunter

Please note: While we do have a presence on other servers, we are primarily a Landroval-based kinship. Our regular weekly events, and our marquee events Weatherstock and Winterstock, are held on the Landroval server.

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I'm interested in immersing myself in the world of LotRO on occasion with RP and RP-lite with like-minded people. At the same time, I'd like to have a common group with whom to chat with out of character while playing, too. (/World has been great for this purpose though!)

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have (RP is not required for membership, we are just curious): :
I used to play World of Warcraft up through the release of Wrath of the Lich King. Actually, before that I was playing Dark Age of Camelot, but I was young enough to barely remember that experience. About a decade ago I was playing LotRO through the release of Mines of Moria (I no longer have access to that account, though).

As for RP, I used to roleplay a lot in AOL chat rooms. I read a lot of roleplaying books for the lore and for fun. I actually kickstarted the new The One Ring TTRPG, though whether or not I'll get my friends to try it is another question (we mostly play board games, and my innermost friends are all grad students [so am I] so time is an issue). In any case I'm well aware of *how* to roleplay, how not to metagame, how to separate in-character from out of character, how to maintain other players' agency in emotes, etc.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
CST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
I'm still deciding with Ivaril. She's a woman of Rohan, but I was actually initially interested in playing her as a Dunlending (Rohan being the closest, both having some ties to the House of Haleth). I haven't seen how LotRO portrays Dunlendings just yet, but I've always been interested in seeing them portrayed as more than savages like the films did. I've always thought their story was a sad one. Or Ivaril may just be a woman of Rohan. I'm still deciding. Once I have good reason to, I'll provide her a story.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
N/A

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
No

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I haven't yet, though I've heard of Ales and Tales and I see LMB members running around occasionally. As I stated, I'm a grad student: my ability to make planned and timed events strongly depends on the state of my research, whether I've had good sleep (I maintain a night job), etc. I am usually on LotRO for at least a while during the week, but *when* I'd be online is sometimes beyond my control.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Absorbing the story and the world. I am a huge Tolkienite and the world is fantastic.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I would just like a group of friends to get to know a little better than random folks in /World (though I have met some wonderful people there), have the ability to do some spontaneous RP on occasion, and when I level up enough, have people to do fellowship and raid stuff with.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I have a very good grasp on Middle-Earth lore. I read the Silmarillion and the trilogy annually (The Hobbit less so, it's just a different "feel"). I've read Tolkien's letters, I've read Christopher's organization attempts such as the Lost Tales and the History volumes, Morgoth's Ring, etc. I would essentially never need gentle coaching on breaking canon in roleplay or anything of the sort, and my native knowledge of the lore will help me fill out an interesting character.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favourite scenes or images? :
I've read the books and seen the films. My favorite scenes are always the lone person challenging impossible odds: Fingolfin challenging Morgoth to single combat, Haleth in the forest of Brethil, Eowyn and Merry against the Witch-King, Luthien entrancing Morgoth with song, Finrod singing songs of hiding to Sauron in Tol in Gaurhoth, all of these and more.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
My favorite food is cheese, hi!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Ivaril - by Aedon Durreah

Greetings,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete the process.
Aedon

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum