Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Sunnidi

re: captain Greyy's ships log

Kris gulped and stared at Scallyrat. Climb? Up THERE?? Was she crazy? Kris took a breath, staring into the other hobbits eyes nd realised that no, she was dead serious. Kris knew that climbing the lines was an important part of shipwork but how in the Great Smials did she think Kris was going to climb all the way up there and down? Kris had figured that they would teach her how to do that, not expect it from her in her trial. It was kinda like climbing a tree though right? Well like climbing it's vines. She climbed plenty of trees in the Shire and in Buckland. She could do this too! She was Anniekristinia Tinytoes after all!

"I'm glad you are ok with GwenKitty being here. He's a good cat, and he comes with me everywhere. He likes to catch mouses and things so, he'll be a help on the ship!" She flashed her cheesy grin at Scallyrat and strode to the rigging. It was really high up there, and Kris was a very small hobbit. She really wanted to be a pirate. So she had to succeed! Putting a hand on the lines, she found, to her delight that she could easily find hand holds and foot holds, toes and fingers both closed around the rope in a death grip. Kris was feeling fairly confident, and she was definitely three quarters of the way up, when her foot missed a hold. Throwing her off balance, she cried out and flailed, losing not only her footing, but her grip on the ropes!

Plummeting swiftly, Kris let out a shriek and flailed again, trying to catch the ropes. Frantic, grasping for anything, she finally felt the rough rigging and grabbed hold. She clung there for a few minutes trying to catch her breath and calm her shaking. Bingo's balls that was too close! This was clearly something she needed to practice. Feeling weak, she slowly crawled to the top. It seemed like an eternity till she was finished. She looked down, waaaaaaaay down at Scallyrat and offered her a wave and a weak smile. Looking down at Scallyrat, Kris realised she had an even bigger problem!

Going up had been tricky, but going down looked impossible. Kris clung to the small perch and her knuckles were white from her grip on the ropes. How would she ever manage to get down? She felt like GwenKitty the first time he'd been stuck in a tree, crying sadly until Kris had taken pity n him and grabbed the ladder. He learned how to climb down, and Kris knew that she would too... eventually, but for now, she had to get down without killing herself!

"Don't look down!" She told herself and began climbing. It was awkward and scary and very uncomfortable, and her limbs still felt weak from her earlier fright. So weak in fact, that when a breeze came up, ruffling her hair, she flinched and lost her grip. She didn't fall this time, since she had wrapped her foot around one of the lines, so this time, she dangled inelegantly upside down!

"Don't worry! I got this!" She called down to Scallyrat, grateful that she didn't have a skirt on and instead was wearing her purple pirate tunic! Her fancy hat, however tumbled down to the floor of the ship.

For once in her life, Kris was thankful she'd not eaten too much as she attempted to lift herself up and grab hold of the ropes. She made it on her third try! Finally making her way down to the bottom. Not her best performance, she grimaced, and went to face her judge.

Awarded:

re: Capt'n Greyy's Ship's Log

Scallyrat watched from the deck of the schooner as Kris climbed to the crow's nest. She could tell that, despite her brave mask, the little hobbit was scared, which wasn't surprising. Hobbits and heights don't generally get along well! Even those hobbits who live in a house instead a smial still usually don't have upper floors. She was impressed though, at Kris's climbing, using her toes as well as hands to grip. She moved under Kris, her body tensed to spring to action as the hobbit fell, tumbling down toward the deck! Only a short fall though and she caught herself. Then she resumed her climb. When she got to the crow's nest, Scally saw her wave and smile. She nodded in approval and waved back. Good for her! The climb down didn't have any falls, just a slip and caught herself and called down bravely to Scally. Then she was on deck again, looking apprehensive. Scally put on her stern face. "Ye think that was good enough fer this crew?" Kris just looked at her, eyes full of emotion but staying strong. Scally gave her a big grin. "Aye, lass, it was! Not many can climb like that right from th' start, especially hobbits! I knew those in Th' Shire that didn't like steep stairs! You did right good, Ankriston Tinytoes, pirate o' th' Wailing Vixen under Capt'n Greyylene!"

LMB alts: Isranayr, Estelmiriel, Illystar, Silmairien, Cyrce, Snapdragonn, Wyldbyrd, Jaznah, and Wyldbeary

Fury's Paean: Ladgerdaa, Simoric

Werewargs of Lindon: Scallywarg, Scallypaws

Order of the Silver Flame alts: Drakmoor, Dawnie, and others

Alt kins: Scallyrats Rum Pirates: Beldawraith, Gilarii, Alagosil

East of the Sun West of the Moon: Mystralia 

Pies n' Pints: Belgariath 

Pievengers of the Shire: Snowdropp

Scallyrat's Rum Pirate Band: Scallysong, Scallyrum, Scallymouse, Scallyrogue, and Scallyshark

The Byrd and Berri Inn: Wyldbyrd, Wyldberri

other games: SWTOR (Loeci, Gil'raen and many others), ESO @wolfsong66 (Loeci, Shaolinn, Illystar, White'heart, Drak'moor, etc)

“Above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.”

Greyylene
Officer of Rum

Awarded:

Striding up the gangplank Greyy stopped midway as a blur moved across her vision. It was a flying Hobbit! Who knew Hobbits had such aeronautical precision! The Capt'n knew testing was underway and wanted to see the progress, preferably without interrupting or making Kris too nervous. Arms folded across her chest Greyy stood in the shadows and watched as the trials concluded.

The grand announcement from Scally rat brought a smile to the captain's face. Emerging from the shadow Greyy came in behind the Hobbits causing them to both jump.

"Congratulations li'l Hobbit. Nicely done, and welcome aboard," Greyy said to Kris.

Turning to leave the Hobbits to the rest of their day Greyy muttered to herself, "one of these days I need to find some taller crew!"
Sunnidi

re: captain Greyy's ships log

"Wait, ya mean I passed?" Kris was incredulous. She thought she did horrible at climbing the mast. "For reals? I'm a pirate officially now?" She squealed in delight and danced around... badly. She certainly didn't have the gift of anything music related like her sister Sunnidi. She ran over to hug Scallyrat and Greyy both in succession, and didn't even check their pockets! Ya don't pinch from crew! That was her motto.

"Thank ye kindly!" She grinned at them in fact, she couldn't stop grinning. "Yer all so nice! I'll do my best by ya, promise! Now I need a pirate outfit!" She was happy she passed, but it also meant that she would finally really pull her weight around the house, and bring home money for Sunni and Rosie. They both had talents to make their household work, but Kris had not found her way, until now.

With an exhale of pent up breath, Kris's legs finally gave out on her and she plopped onto the deck. Seeing his mistress sitting, Gwenkitty trotted over, tail high, still proud of himself for his seagull catch. He bumped her leg with his head, purring loudly. Kris reached out and rubbed his ears. Happy, he wandered over to Greyy and Scallyrat for pets.

re: Ship's Log

Having been alerted by Scallyrat of Kris' passing her test, Bima pokes her head out of the hatchway door with a "whoop" and "I knew you could do it" directed at Kris. "This calls fer a celebration! C'mon downstairs, I gots a feast made!" Leading the way to the dining area, there are coney pies, mince pies, with a huge shire spice apple pie in the center of the table into which celebratory candles have been placed and lit. Ginnis and Dvesma are already in their places, grinning like cheshire cats. They had been watching the trials from a safe distance, and reporting back to Bima at regular intervals, keeping her informed of Kris' progress. "Let's get this party started, shall we?" Bima announces. "Oh, and Kris...would ye blow out the candles on the big pie? I was gonna wait to light 'em, but Dvesma wanted to light 'em *now* fer effect. I don' want the ship goin' up in flames afore we get to dessert."

Awarded:

Why is the Tum gone? Again! That's it. The rum can stay gone. If those 'Freaky Hobbits' want it so bad, She can make it! Boomer!

Boomer had barely closed the door before the Captain began her new plan. In theory the new venture looked amazingly profitable. There was, however, high risk involved. The new Pirate Hood was well established. They were even becoming something respectable in their new areas. The newly acquired island had solidified the notion in Greyy's head. All that was left was the right network.

Freeky could take the rum, along with the Hobbit crew that had proven so very eager to consistently steal it. It would be their problem to make gold delivering rum. If they didn't deliver, they didn't get paid.

Those of the other crews would form a new council. The route,
land trades!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: