Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Greyylene
Officer of Rum

Awarded:

re: Capt'n Greyy's Ship's Log

Boomer stood with her hands on her hips looking every bit as fearsome as her name implied. Barely moving her head she looked down at the wee hobbit, Kris.

"So you are certain you wish entrance to this crew?"

The timid nod and squeak of affirmation made it difficult for Boomer to hold the stern face. The pathetic li'l creature was in such a need of a hug it took all of her will power not to just cradle Kris in her arms. However, this was an occasion that called for a degree of seriousness.

"Very well, instructions were given by the Capt'n that you are to be tested by Scally Rat. Her tests will prove your worth and where you may be given assignment. Do well, small one, lest you find yourself with your very own Private suit." The last bit was said with the most sinister grin Boomer could muster. In truth, Greyy's was much more convincing.
Sunnidi

re: captain Greyy's ships log

Kris bowed her head in assent, and said as meekly as possible. "I'll sure do my best." she squeaked out. Letting her hair fall over her face to hide the grin that had curved her lips, she kept her eyes on the ground. It was too easy to le them think they'd intimidated her, that she was afraid of them and to appear meek and pathetic had served its purpose. It was an affectation that Kris had adopted early in life to appear smaller, more helpless, less capable than she really was. Having grown up with a strict mother figure who had no idea or inclination on how to raise youngins, Breeosh had done her best, but she had been a bit rough on the girls, Sunny becoming the good girl, never doing wrong, taking on all the responsibility of her sisters, Rosielle had spent most of her childhood in the woods hunting and Kris.. well Kris used her overactive imagination to make and remake herself into whoever suited the moment. It was why, when she was in Bree, she used different persona's to grift and steal from the towns inhabitants. She had also realized that tall folk tended to underestimate Hobbits, they tended to think of them as children to be looked after. So be it. She could use that to her advantage, and did.

Peeking up at Boomer and Grey, she smiled shyly. "So when do I get to meet this Scallyrat?" In truth, she'd already started practicing. Running along rooftops and fences, sharpening her skills, sneaking along in Bree and testing her daggers on the various thugs on the outskirts. "Bring it Boomie baby!" She thought.

re: Ship's Log

From the galley comes the sound of Bima's voice yelling, "Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!" Scurrying below deck to see what the commotion is about, Salvia does her best to keep from cracking up laughing, as she sees her sister busily pounding stew meat into submission. "Go get it, sis! Tell the meat who's boss!", she says. Stopping her task only long enough to playfully scowl at her younger sister, Bima says, "Well don't just stand there. Get busy cuttin' up those onions and carrots fer the stew. I do assume ye want ter eat ternight." Sighing, Salvia ties her apron around her waist and starts chopping up the onions, grinning at her sister mischievously as she decides to match her rhythm. Soon their combined voices can be heard in the galley, first Bima's, then Salvi's, calling out, "Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!"
Ginnis and Dvesma, the only dwarves on the ship, chuckle as they hear the ruckus below. "No wonder how BimBam got her name, eh sister?" Ginnis asks, answered by a nod and grin from Dvesma. Dvesma nods at Boomer as she passes her, on her way to her own task.....swabbing the deck. Ginnis has seen to it that Dvesma isn't just allowed on the crew without her own trials. She's going to have to work to prove her worth, and that starts with swabbing the deck, which is certainly needed, due to the feathers scattered on the deck, along with the normal dirt of the day. Ginnis sets to her own tasks, repairing a crack in the ship's rail. "Sooooo, Cap'n, what *was* that thing?" she asks, nodding towards the disappearing kite on the horizon.

Awarded:

Scallyrat shook her head to clear her thoughts. That was the strangest thing she'd ever seen. It went from scary to amazing to funny, when Mister Aedon was dropped at the Captain's feet! Another reason to shake her head.. she didn't figure Mister Aedon would appreciate it if the laughter inside her came bubbling out!
Anyway, she had a Very Important Task assigned to her by the Capt'n and, as a bonus, it sounded fun. She was to take the new hobbit, Kris, under her wing and teach her how to be a proper pirate! She was also supposed to give her her pirate test. She was looking forward to this. She'd seen Kris acting all scared n' such by the pirates, but Scally had spent time on the streets in Bree and other places, earning her living as a burglar and con artist before turning pirate. She knew a con act when she saw it, even though it was VERY good. That was promising, but Scally needed to find a way to teach her not to con her shipmates. "We's a family" she thought to herself. "An' we needs ta be honest wit' each other." A little voice in her mentioned the rum she helped to herself to. "Tha's different", she told herself firmly. "I's honest about takin' th' rum! An' I's been walked off o' th' plank enough to pay fer it." She grinned to herself. And as she walked to find Kris, she turned her thoughts to giving her the test, and an even wider mischievous grin grew on her face.

LMB alts: Isranayr, Estelmiriel, Illystar, Silmairien, Cyrce, Snapdragonn, Wyldbyrd, Jaznah, and Wyldbeary

Fury's Paean: Ladgerdaa, Simoric

Werewargs of Lindon: Scallywarg, Scallypaws

Order of the Silver Flame alts: Drakmoor, Dawnie, and others

Alt kins: Scallyrats Rum Pirates: Beldawraith, Gilarii, Alagosil

East of the Sun West of the Moon: Mystralia 

Pies n' Pints: Belgariath 

Pievengers of the Shire: Snowdropp

Scallyrat's Rum Pirate Band: Scallysong, Scallyrum, Scallymouse, Scallyrogue, and Scallyshark

The Byrd and Berri Inn: Wyldbyrd, Wyldberri

other games: SWTOR (Loeci, Gil'raen and many others), ESO @wolfsong66 (Loeci, Shaolinn, Illystar, White'heart, Drak'moor, etc)

“Above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.”

Sunnidi

Kris made it to the island. Pirate Island! And though she was very excited to explore, she had work to do. She figured to do two jobs at once. Explore their supersekrit base, and train for her trials. She had no idea what to expect but figured she'd try to get ready anyway. The house proper was up a long windy hill, so Kris hopped up on the fence and started running. Fence running was a particularly fun sport in the shire, and she'd never been overly interested in trying it, but now, she had purpose!

Panting, and puffing, she made it to the top, that had been a lot of running and jumping. What did they call that? Parkay? Something! Looking around her eyes sparkled with excitement. and she ran over to the siege tower. It was a perfect size, so she immediately climbed to the top of it to see what she could see.

She found a guard and happily introduced herself, blithely talking his ear off, and then wandered over to climb a tree. The large tree reminded her of the shire trees back home and for a moment she felt a wave of homesickness. Swinging her legs, she pulled a sandwich out of her pack, gave a piece of roast beef to Gwenkitty and looked around as she fed her stomach. All that workout had given her an appetite! Grinning at the seagulls, gave her a wistful moment of wishing she could fly. They looked so beautiful and graceful, and the ships on the harbour coming and going filled her with excitement! She was gonna be a pirate! She looked forward to meeting Scallyrat and getting to know other pirates. So far everyone seemed very nice!

Kris wandered into the house and her eyes nearly bugged out of her head. Treasure piles were scattered everywhere!

"Don't touch Kris, don't touch it, it's not yours!" she chanted over and over. If she had one rule, it was don't take from your family, so she tucked her hands into her pockets to prevent accidental touching and pocketing. Every where she looked she saw something of interest. She just had to pass these trials!!

Kris had never wanted anything as badly as to be part of Grey's crew

Awarded:

Pacing the deck of the Wailing Siren Aedon paused to once again look to the western skies. This is a move he had repeated time and again since his untimely drop on the deck of the small, uncomfortable craft. This was not at all the way he enjoyed spending time at sea, nor did he appreciate the work being foisted on him by Greyy and her crew. It was not that he did not enjoy the company of most members of the crew, but in truth, they were much easier to take on dry land than on the high sea. He kept assuming that Nemira would come back to pick him up again, but after days of watching and waiting, all hope began to die.

His thoughts were interrupted as again the captain barked orders to those standing close enough for her to talk to in a normal tone of voice. Had she always been this loud? This bossy? No, this was a manifestation of the form given to his wife on their arrival in these lands. And though only slight at first, each passing month, coupled with more and more time spent among pirates seemed to draw a brashness out in her that, in all truth, made him uncomfortable. And though he loved her beyond measure, she was slowly turning into someone he did not know.

The rocking of the ship set his insides to rolling. And coupled with the loud drunken songs of the crew only served to deepen his desire to be off the Siren. Each crash of the waves against the sides of the small craft deepened the growing sickness within.

Do they just not know how to hold a ship steady, or are they doing this on purpose?

The uneasiness grew with each flap of the sails and intensified so greatly that when Greyylene bellowed to the crew to heave to, Aedon almost did so on the deck. This was far more than he could take, far more than he had ever asked for in life. And all he wanted to do was get away from the noisy ship and crew.

Turning to where Greyy now stood holding fast to the ships wheel, he strained to see a face now lost to him, and a time that contentment was far easier to find. Then releasing the railing, ran to the other side of the ship, and dove into the waiting hands of the sea.

Cheggra
Officer

re: re: Ship's Log

After leaving Salvia down below in the galley with Ginnis, both of whom were busily preparing dinner for the crew, Bima makes her way to the kettle and pours a cup of tea, steadying herself as the ship rolls unexpectedly. "Hold her easy, lads, pulease!" she mutters to herself, cleaning up the spilled tea and refilling the cup, which is more the size of a mug. Making her way to the deck and towards her father, whose back is to her, she gently tugs on his shirt and says, "Here, Pa. This tea might help quiet yer belly. Comin' belowdecks might help some, too. It's a bit quieter down there. At least, til dinner's ready." Turning towards the door leading to the galley, she calls over her shoulder to Aedon. "By the way...um....I know it's none o' my business....but what just happenned?"

Awarded:

Scallyrat stepped off the small boat that she'd taken to one of Capt'n Greyy's island hideouts. The Captain has told her she had directed Kris to wait her for her pirate test. Scally grinned to herself. She was looking forward to this! Now, she thought, looking up the hill at the house, and around at the grounds by the sea and their defenses, where to find Kris? House she first. There's food in there so of course that's where a hobbit would be! She headed up the hill to the house and went in through the large metal doors. She loved this hideout, with it's many maps and ship models. She headed quietly back to the room with the large table full of food. Sure 'nough, there was Kris, looking very hungry but not touching it. Score one for Kris though Scally. Kris had her back to her. "Ahoy!!" she cried in her best must-carry-over-the-wind loud voice. Kris jumped. "Hihi. Are you Scallyrat? I didn't touch any food or treasure, I swear!"

LMB alts: Isranayr, Estelmiriel, Illystar, Silmairien, Cyrce, Snapdragonn, Wyldbyrd, Jaznah, and Wyldbeary

Scallyrat's Rum Pirate Band: Scallysong, Scallyrum, Scallymouse, Scallyrogue, and Scallyshark

other games: SWTOR (Loeci, Gil'raen and many others), ESO @wolfsong66 (Loeci, Shaolinn, Illystar, White'heart, Drak'moor, etc)

Sunnidi

Kris was hungry. Very hungry! And the food looked so good. But she was determined not to take anything without permission. It was not easy for the hobbit lass as she was very used to either eating with her family, or taking what she wanted from others, though she tried not to take from people with less than what she had. That wasn't fair. Not that Captain Greyy and the crew had less, but they were family, of a sort, or at least crew, and you didn't take from them. That was her code. So even though she looked longingly at the food, and her stomach rumbled loudly, she didn't take anything.

A cheery hello startled her from her daydreaming. She jumped and whirled, trying to cover her surprise. It was the hobbit they called Scallyrat! She'd been expecting her, but felt foolish that the other had sneaked up on her. So much for a good first impression!

"Hey! I'm Ankriston, well, Kris, nice t'meetcha!" Kris grinned at the hobbit. "I guess yer here to start me on my trials. I been practicin stuff, though I have no idea what I should be practicin. I... I didn't take any thing, I promise! Sooo what do you want me to do?" Kris was eager to get started on her trials.

Awarded:

"Aye, Kris, we'll be startin' yer test right soon. 'Tis not easy though, so before we start help yerself to some food and some drink. I'd suggest nothing stronger than water though! Yer gonna need all yer wits about ye." Taking in Kris's look of delight at the mention of food, Scally added "An' don't stuff yerself with heavy food either. I don't ya to run outta fuel and faint or die or somethin' but I also don't want ye to get sick, either." Kris blanched a little at "die" but recovered quickly. She wasn't easily intimidated, Scally thought to herself. She was liking this Kris more and more. Meanwhile Kris was having her snack. When she was done, which didn't take long, Scally told her "Git ready! We're goin' done to the dock and get started. On the way, ye can have a little warm up! Ye know that wall on the way down the hill to the dock? Yer gonna run th' wall down! Top speed now, no tarrying! I'll meet ye down at the dock." Scally grinned and took off out of the house and down the hill. If Kris thought Scally was going to watch her performance on her "warmup", she'd be right! She stood and watched Kris come flying down the wall, jumping the small pillars built into it. A good start, she thought!

Sunnidi

Ankriston stifled a the urge to shout "Parkour" every time she jumped. She didn't want Scallyrat to think she was completely bonkers. Grinning at the other hobbit, Kris tried not to pant at her exertion. "That was fun, I used to race other hobbits in the shire when I was a kid, well before we moved to Buckland, then I did it there too! Never thought it would come in handy, it was just a bit of fun. Did you grow up in the shire too?" Scallyrat seemed real nice, but Kris knew she had a job to do; still, it didn't hurt to make friends. Kris suddenly worried that she was babbling, which she knew she had a habit of doing. Her sisters told her on a regular basis that she babbled. Especially Rosi who was nothing if not laconic. Rosi and Sunni were quite different, even though they were twins. Rosie was not talkative, having spent much time on her own in the woods, stalking and hunting. Sunni was the cheery one, the people person, the one to smile and dance and sing.

Kris sometimes wondered if she had been adopted, however as she got grew up, she realised that she did in fact share the family green eyes and the shape of her face, even if her hair was red, not blonde and she was a bit... wilder than her other siblings. She could never imagine Rosie or Sunni trying to get into a pirate crew! Well, Sunni would probably just cook for them. She patted her belly, still hungry, but she'd stuffed some snacks into one of her myriad of pockets for later, in case she got peckish, just in case! Now that she had permission of course.

Awarded:

Scallyrat watched Kris come flying down the wall and smiled. She hid it quickly though. Mustn't let Kris think she was soft or nuthin'! Kris's words were tumbling out as she talked. Lots of breath left, that's good, Scally thought. "Aye, I grew up in th' Shire too. always lenjoyed a bit o' fence running, tree climbing an' swimming when I could. didn't rightly fit in, but me family ignored that since I could cook well. Hobbits will excuse a lot fer that talent! Scally chuckled at the memories. Now then, ye've had a long enough break. I want ye ta run around that small ship o'er there", Scally said while she pointed to the small sloop that was used for quick short runs. "Hang on, I ain't finished" Scally said as Kris was about to dart off. Yer ta run around the ship on the railing. No cheating an' stepping on th' deck! Off ye go now!" Kris charged off down the dock to the sloop. Scally moved to spot on the hill where she could see the whole ship and watch the show.

Sunnidi

Kris gulped, but recovered quickly. Run along the railing? How different could it be from fence running, right? Surely it wasn't that different. She flashed Scallyrat a cheesy grin and trotted toward the boat. Thankful that one of her pastimes when she was a young bobbit was fence running, Kris hopped up onto the railing. She wobbled there for a few minutes. This will be a piece of cake! She thought to herself, with a fierce grin. That is, until the rolling of the sea sent the boat pitching and rolling.

"Bingo's balls!" she exclaimed and gripped the railing with her toes, her arms pinwheeling, trying to keep her balance! A wave of nausea nearly pitched her off the edge. "Ok Krissi, remember back to Buckland and playing on Auntie Breeosh's boat, it's just like that! You got this! Come on, You're Ankriston Freaking Tinytoes, now act like it! And don't look down!" She admonished herself, and began to run! The smell of the salt air, the screeching of the gulls overhead, and the pitching of the ship all combined in Kris's mind and as she ran she imagined herself as Pirate Kris, sailing the seas in search of adventure, taking down badguys, hopefully goblins, and finding beautiful, sparkly treasure!

Her legs and feet were getting used to the movement beneath them, and the nausea was fading, thankfully! Kris was feeling confident, when suddenly a seagull swooped at her, cawing, it's beak open and ready to bite!

"Ahhhhh! Kris screeched and almost fell off the boat into the water! "Go away you nasty bird!" Belatedly she remembered the half eaten sandwich she'd stuffed into a pouch. Stupid bird was going to make her fail the challenge! "Go away!" she shouted again, trying to maintain her balance and run all at the same time. The bird dove at her again and she threw her arms up to protect her face when suddenly from out of nowhere a black streak pounced! GwenKitty! Her beloved cat must have followed her! Kris whooped and "Yeah that's my Gwen!" But she didn't stop running, now with that grin on her face. The cat, bird in mouth trotted off to a corner of the boat, tail held high, proud of himself.

re: Ship's Log

Dvesma watched the hobbit running atop the rail, while busily scrubbing the deck. "Ye ain't gonna make ME run the rail are ya, sis?" She asks Ginnis, who is watching the running hobbit, a twinkle in her eye. "No, sis. Rail runnin' is not for dwarves. If ye're done swabbin' the decks, Bima says there are onions needing chopping in the galley. She needs 'em fer the stew ternight." Putting her mop and bucket away, Dvesma trudges down to the galley. Srubbing onions is not a welcome task either, but at least she'll be belowdecks, not worried about whether or not some wave might sweep her overboard. Shaking her head at her sister, Ginnis watches the rail running, trying hard to conceal her approval, yet a grin nevertheless forms on her lips.
Just then, Bima is seen heading onto the deck, "Dinner will be in an hour. Got a nice stew on the stove. Followed by some blueberry pie." Having said her piece, she casts a concerned look in Aedon's direction, wondering if he even heard her offer of joining her below. Shrugging, she heads back down, fussing over the pot, and pulls the pie from the oven, setting it on the counter to cool. "Guard it with yer life, Dvesma. No one gets it until after dinner. Understand?"
Dvesma nods in understanding, while munching on a carrot that somehow had escaped the stewpot. "Aye Aye, Missy Cap'nsdattir."

Awarded:

Scallyrat watched Kris run the rails, going impressively fast once she got her balance. Things were going as expected when Scally's green eyes widened as a seagull swooped down on Kris! The little hobbit looked about to fall into the bay when a black streak leaped to her rescue and killed the seagull. Scally chuckled. She hadn't known Kris had a cat. Extra bonus! Cats were good luck to have on a ship, and they controlled the rat and mouse population, which protected the lines and the wood. And this cat looked to be a brave and talented fighter and clearly cared about Kris. She was musing about this by the gangplank when Kris hopped off the railing and walked down to Scally. Scally tired to show nothing on her face. She only nodded with calm approval told Kria "Ye done well. Good thing ye had yer cat though!" Kris looked apprehensive. "Don't worry 'bout yer kitty. They's good luck on a ship so if'n you join, kitty can come too. Or ye can leave them at one of our hideouts all comfy and ye can visit between trips." "We has caretakers that'd keep an eye on 'em. Beldawraith is an elfy on the crew who mainly takes care of one o' th' hideouts. He's serious and a bit stuck up but a good sort at heart. Loves kitties too." "Now, yer almost done with yer test! Next test is on th' ship as well. Ever'one needs ta be able to help with the lines an' the sails. Lines is seafarer talk fer ropes. So yer goin' hafta be able to climb th' rigging. See th's crow's nest on top o' th's main mast? I want ye ta climb up there, then come on down agin. Ya ready? Git going!"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: