Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faeglin

re: App: Faeglin

The application submitted by Faeglin is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Taurfae
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 130
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-master

Please note: While we do have a presence on other servers, we are primarily a Landroval-based kinship. Our regular weekly events, and our marquee events Weatherstock and Winterstock, are held on the Landroval server.

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I'd like to join LMB because I really like LMB people and I would enjoy sharing common interests with likeminded people. It has been something I wanted to do for a very long time but felt the time zone differences was an obstacle. Personal circumstances have changed for me and I have had more time in recent years during US prime time and over that period I have had the opportunity to get to know more LMB people much better and my admiration for the kin has grown over time. I have recently had a character join the Lonely Mountain Bears (Faebear) and I really enjoyed the companionship, I always look forward to when it is on but it feels like one day a fortnight with all these wonderful people isn't enough.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have (RP is not required for membership, we are just curious): :
When I was younger I was part of roleplaying and gaming social group, we would gather and play various RPGs, board games and miniature games and I met a lot of my life long friends from that. I wasn't very good at roleplaying. I have had a fascination with MMOs dating back to the pre-internet days of the BBS. Once the internet hit I was involved with MUD coding, my first MMO was EverQuest, after a while I became a Guide there, similar to GMs here, but we used to also run RPG events where we could clone and take control of NPCs, talk as them, fight as them, etc. They were fun. A majority of our guild moved to World of Warcraft and I played that up until the Cataclysm expansion. I was involved with LOTRO from beta and played it casually until I stopped with WoW. I have spent a bit of time with Star Wars Galaxies (before it died), Star Trek Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online and EVE Online, I sometimes go back to them for short periods but LOTRO has been my consistent home for a long time.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Australia GMT+10

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Taurfae was my original LOTRO character I made on Elendilmir, the unofficial Australian server. I made a clone of him on Landroval after reading about the first Weatherstock and despite playing on Elendilmir originally (and later on Silverlode), I still came on to Landroval for music events. When both Elendilmir and Silverlode were being migrated to Landroval, I deleted Taurfae and moved my original one from Elendilmir to Landroval. I've always considered him my main character even though most people know me as my Minstrel, Faeglin, I only made Fae a few years ago, mostly to raid with as a healer.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Most of my characters are in the Pirate Alliance, I have one character in Horizon (there is a fair bit of cross-over with these two kins), I also have a retired character in Nazgun as an officer, my mostly dead kin which migrated from Silverlode to Landroval. Oh, I have a hobbit that leads Elevenses Club, a one-hobbit kinship that I used to get a kinhouse.

LMB experience:

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I originally came to Landroval to attend Weatherstock, I think I have only missed one since I started attending them. I try and attend every Ales & Tales and BBB that I can get to. LMB does a fantastic job with the presentation and organisation of the events. I enjoy Weatherstock a lot more now that it isn't a competition. I really love these events that bands from other servers come and perform, as much as I love our local performers, it is refreshing to see bands we rarely get to see perform. Everyone does a fantastic job from organising the events to running them, they all go so smoothly from the outside looking in. Everyone from the organisers, to helpers to security do a wonderful job.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
I enjoy listening to music and chatting with the people the most. I do get an enjoyment from doing raid content, but once you achieve the challenge it becomes fatiguing to repeat, to me at least.. I do enjoy playing alts, doing some festivals, Yule is my favourite. I enjoy exploring new areas and questing. Having a good balance of activities to me leads to a more enjoyable experience.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
My expectations would be limited to just continuing to do what they have been doing so well for so long.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
As an introvert this is probably the hardest question for me to answer.

I really enjoy helping people when I can, be it making levelling gear for new players looking for help on world chat, running people through instances they can't find a group to do, farm up things for the Animal House give-aways, teaching new musicians various instruments.

I feel a bit weird when people stand there and stare at me when I play music, when I enjoy playing music it is usually things like playing Christmas songs during Yule at Winter-home, when people are doing something else. I love it when I go to a festival and people are playing music and I think others do as well so I try to give back in ways that wont trigger a nervous twitch.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favourite scenes or images? :
I've loved Tolkien's books ever since reading the Hobbit in primary school, our school library only had one copy of the book and I had borrowed it so often to re-read that our librarian bought me my own copy out of her own pocket. It never dawned on me to ask my parents to buy my own copy at the time. It was officially my first book, as the youngest child in our family I got a lot of hand-me-down things.

My favourite scene was The Bridge of Khazad-dum from Fellowship of the Ring. Gandalf was such an iconic character from The Hobbit and early on in the Fellowship of the Ring, for him to sacrifice himself like that was one of the most powerful scenes from the entire trilogy and Peter Jackson did a wonderful job translating that into imagery.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I have been looking after my father as a carer since he had a stoke that left him paralysed on his left side, he tends to sleep like a cat which has given me more time during the day (US prime time) but I have to often go afk and with little to no notice which makes it difficult to plan for or commit to many things in advance.

I think the music in LOTRO has been something that has become more important to me over time, it has been an activity that I have been able to participate with my unpredictable schedule, most of the people I have met have been warm, caring, patient and understanding and I've felt a lot closer to numerous people both in and outside of LMB and I am very grateful and wish to give back in any way I possibly can.

My other major vice is creative writing, I have been writing science fiction and fantasy stories for some time now. I do not think I will ever publish those but I have really enjoyed the LOTR-inspired stories some people have performed in-game.

Freemark
CEC Officer

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Faeglin - by Aedon Durreah

I would try to summon Eilye in the hopes to have a hoard of hobbits help Faeglin carry his luggage into his home in LMB :)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Greetings Taurfae, Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete the process.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Welcome to LMB

Galdwen

welcome :D
TheCeC

Awarded:

Welcome!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum