Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briallan

re: App: Briallan

The application submitted by Briallan is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Lirinde
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 105
Race : High Elf
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I have always admired LMB’s support of the community. Over the years I have come to appreciate its philosophy of cooperation and promotion of a variety of activities. Over time, respect and admiration grew to a fondness, at first seen through my boyfriend’s eyes and those of good friends in The Remediators, and then through my own experiences from participating in a number of LMB events, such as A&T.

I am in the process of reducing some of my existing in-game responsibilities, and so I feel that I am now in more of a position to make a contribution to LMB than I had been in the past. I know a lot of people in LMB and I share interests with other LMB members such as music composition, transcription, and presentation.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
LOTRO was my first MMO. I joined in 2013, attracted by the music system and because Coursera’s course took place in LOTRO. I’m not much of a gamer, but I enjoyed seeing Tolkien’s works come to life all around me.

I’ve tried a number of other MMOs: ESO, FFXIV and Wizard 101, but never played them for long.

My RP experience is limited to a few events I took part in with Nibun as part of an informal introduction to RP for Coursera and with some friends in LOTRO. Also, I like to keep my avatars in character.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Pacific Standard Time (PST)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
In a time forgotten by legend, a three-year old elf babe of the kinship of the Calaquendi, as later scholars would come to call them, travelled with her parents on the long journey from Valinor to ancient Beleriand, settling west of the plains of Talath Dirnen.

She spent her formative years studying the harp and voice craft and hunting with other elves of her age in the wooded hills that rose above the western side of River Narog. Her beautiful voice and special affinity to the harp earned her the name Lirinde (“singer” in Quenya), though harpers preferred to call her Liriel (which has a similar meaning).

One day when Lirinde was alone playing on the hills, she tried to outrun a small fox she had followed along the Ringwil stream and lost her balance, slipped, and fell down a crevice where a short hairy odd-looking creature was standing. She was startled, for she had never seen a dwarf before in her life.

By the end of the first century of that Age, a great citadel was already beginning to take shape not too far from where she had met her first dwarf, and with it Lirinde’s opinion of these strange yet fascinating beings who would arrive from far locations to aid in its construction. Impressed by the diligence and perseverance exhibited by these dwarves, Lirinde came to like the helpers of Finarfin’s eldest son. It would not be long before she was aiding Dwarves of Ered Luin in providing help and support for the daily needs of those living in the fortress. A few dwarves rewarded her by teaching her some construction secrets rarely revealed to outsiders.

As centuries turned into aeons, Lirinde travelled far and met many learned dwarves, who honoured her by calling her Dwarf-friend.
These days she spends her time among the company of Dwarves in Ered Lindon, and has a particular fondness for one of them, Nibun Gunlinul, who works in the kitchens of Thorin’s Halls and writes poems and lyrics in his spare time, inspired by her adventures.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
My main character is Briallan. I was leader and am currently an officer in the Courserrim kinship.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Yes (Nibun)

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have been to numerous LMB-hosted events over the years, both with The Remediators and on my own, as I find them very enjoyable. I have attended shows by all LMB bands and have participated with OW at A&T. Most recently, I MC’ed during the Greenfields festival, which was also a lot of fun to prepare for.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
At present, I mostly enjoy music composition and arrangement (true, these are not literally LOTRO activities, but they are a precursor to making MIDI files and then ABC files that can be performed in LOTRO). My favorite in-game activity is sitting on a hill overlooking a beautiful scene and thinking about set lists.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
My main expectation from LMB is the continuing support from friends in any music-related projects I may work on in the future (assuming they fit the nature of LMB priorities, events and schedule), ranging from light gigs to storytelling epics and anything in between. I also intend to return to gaming sometime, so it would be nice to have some support at the lower levels for some fun time!

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Having been a kinship officer, leader, and bandleader, I have first-hand experience of event organization, social management, and how to face the varying needs and demands of a kinship or related group. On the other hand, I very much enjoy spending time alone working on music, from simple transcriptions to original compositions. Perhaps the strongest contribution I could make would be combining these experiences to add to the playlist, and to participate in various LMB musical events in some fashion.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favourite scenes or images? :
I have read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion and seen all the films. I have many favorite scenes, but the one I keep coming back to is from the novel "Return of the King," when Frodo is about to depart for the Undying Lands.

I find it comforting and aspirational to think that after a long and arduous struggle, Frodo had a place to go to, as a reward for his efforts, and was permitted to lay down all burdens and live a more contemplative and peaceful life.

On the other hand, it’s sad that, in spite of what he achieved, he didn’t get what he really wanted (which is to have remained in the Shire in the first place, or, at least, to have been able to find peace there after his quest had ended).

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
No, I think I covered all I wanted to say.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Briallan - by Aedon Durreah

Greetings Lirinde,
Your application has been approved. Get thee to ye olde alesandtales channel and seeketh thee an officer.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum