Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emppo

re: App: Emppo

The application submitted by Emppo is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Empo
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 8
Race : Hobbit
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Music has been a huge motivator for my re-picking up of LOTRO. IRL I am a music performance major in my late junior year.I compose, transcribe and arrange music for my college studies, for my own personal enjoyment and now, LOTRO. I have already arranged (for solo lute) about 2 hours of music ranging from Debussy to Piazzolla, Chopin to Mozart, and a huge amount of Bach among many others in LoTRO. Outside of LoTRO I have over 200 pages of arranged music. My problem is that I do not yet have a community to share my ensemble works with. I have original compositions ranging from 2-8 parts, many duets for lute and violin, and I really just want to get some of this music out into the world. I'm hoping LMB will be instrumental to helping me achieve this goal.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Extensive. My MMO journey started with WoW when I was 8 and the genre has been dear to my heart ever since. I began RPing when I was around 14 and have always been searching for great communities. I played LoTRO a lot 6-7 years ago and RP'd pretty much the whole time-- neglecting my own character's leveling and progression. 2-3 years ago I started a guild in WoW called "Redhawk Syndicate" and managed about 300 players.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Central Time.

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Empo is a hobbit bard seeking to earn fame and renown by traveling the land and playing music in taverns, concerts and whatever gig he can find. Isolation was not a plague felt by Empo during his time in the Shire and music has been his life since a young age. But, unlike many hobbits, he has an unquenchable thirst for fame and adventure. Once he was old enough to leave the Shire, he did so and began his journey. He has spent the last several months traveling around Bree-land, wasting his virtuosity playing for small crowds in inns to gather enough coin to pay for food and board. Homesickness plagues his mind constantly but hopefully reassures himself that behind the next hurdle is a grand concert hall and troves of adoring fans.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
None

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Merillu

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Honestly, I have not. I've only been in game for a couple days at this point and I do not know yet much of the RP scene in LoTRO-- or where to begin looking for events. When I hear of one, my attendance is guaranteed. I love RP and Music and I can't wait to delve deeper into this scene.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
As it should be painfully obvious at this point... RP and Music for sure. I've never seen such a great music system in an MMO and honestly it's so addicting.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I'd expect to hear about and engage in many RP events either hosted by or attended by LMB. I hope to make several friends within the kin and I really hope to share my music with the members. Potentially forming a band or joining an existing one. Merrilu had nothing but praise for LMB when I spoke with her and I expect my feelings will be the same as her. I'm pretty social IRL and she made it sound as if I'd be joining a family, which is about the most attractive aspect of a kin I can hope for.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
My music. I can compose, transcribe and arrange just about anything. If a member is looking for some music, and I don't have it, chances are that I will alt tab and begin working on it. I can also help educate members on things like Music Theory to aid their own composing skills if necessary. My goal after earning my Bachelor's in music performance is to work as a teacher ( or get my master's ) and so teaching is something I want to hone my skills in.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favourite scenes or images? :
Years ago I read The Hobbit for school, and I've been a huge fan of the movies since I was very young. (Named my first dogs Aragorn and Arwen). Within the past couple days I purchased and watched the extended versions of the LoTR. My favorite scenes are probably pretty typical-- The standoff and battle between Gandalf and Balrog, Siege of Helm's Deep and Gondor. I wasn't a huge fan of the whole Undead army aiding Gondor (although I understand the whole curse and needing it to be lifted so they can find peace-- just seemed pretty OP). I enjoyed the banter between Legolas and Gimli, the battle of Isengard with the Ents-- and etc. I pretty much enjoy every aspect of the movies. I enjoyed The Hobbit movie series as well, though not as much. To me, the CGI in The Hobbit was distracting.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Not that I can think of, If I need to extrapolate or expand upon anything aforementioned in the application I can be reached in game on Landroval under the name Empo. I look forward to hearing from you all!

P.S. I hope you guys are staying safe with this whole Coronavirus stuff going on!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Emppo - by Aedon Durreah

Greetings Empo,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum