Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> J.R.R. Tolkien
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Tolkien Reading Day 2020 & Happy Anniversary!

Hail friends!

Happy Tolkien Reading Day & Happy 12th Anniversary of LMB kinship! I hope you are all staying well, inspired and hopeful during these seemingly darker days. I have created an image for Tolkien Reading Day that I hope inspires folks - please feel free to share it around!
Forum Image

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Veriwin
Officer

Great image. I didn't know a lot of those facts. Post that lots of places. I could see it being popular in the LotR community.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Thank you, Galenhir ... and Happy 12th Anniversary LMB!

I watched the recent Tolkien biopic a couple months back and it filled in some of those facts for me, which I also hadn't known. Rather well done movie also, if you are looking for something interesting to watch (it's a bio, not a documentary).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

GDPR#839403

re: GDPR#839403

GDPR#839403
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Happy Anniversary!
Yeah, when I read things like that I just feel like brushing off my troubles as 'First Age Problems.' lol

FOUNDER

Byrcha wrote:
Thank you, Galenhir ... and Happy 12th Anniversary LMB!

I watched the recent Tolkien biopic a couple months back and it filled in some of those facts for me, which I also hadn't known. Rather well done movie also, if you are looking for something interesting to watch (it's a bio, not a documentary).

Greetings again all! And happy anniversary once more!

Yes I enjoyed the Tolkien Biopic as well! Its not 100% accurate but definitely enjoyable and well done as a drama/love story. I actually had the honor of a pre-screening of the film in NYC during the Tolkien Con/Tolkien Exhibition at Morgan Library. Our group had a theater all to ourselves. I sat next to Tolkien Biographer John Garth and Dr. Corey Olsen - so as you can imagine it was a very memorable and special experience for me!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> J.R.R. Tolkien All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: