Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Druidsfire
Officer

re: App: Druidsfire

The application submitted by Druidsfire is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Starphoenix
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 106
Race : Race of Man
Class : Captain

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Because Byrcha invited me.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
LotRO player from day one open beta, WoW, SWTOR. No RPing in MMOs, but I used to play and admin MUSHes for most of the 90s and half the 00s, primarily in the Dragonriders of Pern or superheroes genre.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Eastern

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Starphoenix is (currently) a female human captain from Rohan. When SSG releases race changes (as announced at the GenCon meetup), she will become a High Elf from Gondolin. In essence, she will be a twin of the Phoenix the kin is already aware of. She's only level 106, so I have a lot of work to do on her. However, she DOES have a clickable chicken item a GM gave her once that I bring out at special events. :)

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Radio Free Gallifrey (my personal kin), Department of Holbyt Security, Mythgard

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Byrcha

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I've attended Weatherstock and Winterstock for a few years running, graduating to become Weatherstock Steward through streaming or supporting the stream on the official LotRO Twitch channel. I've also attended several Ales and Tales or Andune Ensemble shows when I can. My main Phoenix tends to wear the Andune groupie outfit (long-sleeved elf dress from Rivendell rep, dyed Ered Luin Blue).

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Story, leveling, concerts, Professor Corey's shows

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I don't expect anything from LMB, since we pretty much hang out fairly often and worked together so I could stream Winterstock and Weatherstock these past two times. I'm pretty self-sufficient and will still be keeping my own kin and stuff. My primary self-created kin is on Crickhollow, so that's where I will be doing my primary leveling. I do plan on hopefully getting into the music stuff, but I haven't found the time yet and I have more parody lyrics to write.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I'm currently a community influencer (I hate that word, but it is what it is), so I tend to be a conduit between the community and the devs, presenting their concerns to Cordovan as I feel appropriate. My singular contribution will likely be what I do now, interface between SSG and the kin for big events like Weatherstock and whatnot. I don't think having an alt in the kin would change that.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
The books, the Rankin and Bass cartoons, the Ralph Baskshi films, and the Jackson movies. My favorite scene are the ones with Elrond, and the one where the Three Hunters meet the resurrected Gandalf in Fangorn.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Yeah. While I can and do present community concerns to SSG, I prefer not to be seen as 'the person who gets us stuff from the devs'. While no LMB person has yet treated me as someone they can use to get their personal crusades on SSG's table, others in the music community have done so in the somewhat recent past. It was one of the reasons why I never asked to join LMB before, I didn't want to be seen to be playing favorites beyond my membership in the DHS which only really ever comes up when we do the annual hobbit runs to Isengard with Sapience. Beyond that, I'd like to note feeling super humbled when I got the note from Byrcha asking me to submit an application.

Ultimately, if my being in LMB presents any kind of problem due to my connection to the stream team, I will understand if the kin would decline this application. I've survived 12 years in LotRO without the LMB kin tag, while I would wear it with pride and humility, I can also live without it if it's deemed the best option for all. Hakuna matata.

Danniwyn

re: APPROVED - App: Druidsfire - by Aedon Durreah

Oh my goodness! I for one am thrilled to see this interest in joining LMB. Let's get Starphoenix in before second breakfast!
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

A very strong +1

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

*does happy dance*

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

Yeay!
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Some folks are like family... before they actually become family! :)

+1

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Hannariel/Brioney

Awarded:

Yay! Druidsfire!

bandleader
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Greetings Starphoenix, your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum