Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warinx

re: App: Warinx

The application submitted by Warinx is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Warichamp
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 11
Race : Race of Man
Class : Champion

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I am looking for a reasonably active guild compatible with my time zone (US West Coast). I met one of your members last night, and she indicated that this was the case. I am looking for a broad focus on experiencing and enjoying the world rather than trying to squeeze every last bit of loot out of the end game. I am looking for a wide age range (I am quite old myself), rather than (solely) a bunch of energy-drink-fueled twenty year olds. I am looking for advice but not handouts. Mostly, I am looking for companionship and commiseration while I take a look around this incarnation of Middle Earth.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I am not a role player, but I will not be insistent about dissecting current events, or sports, or anything else that would really break the mood. I started with Dark Age of Camelot! I put quite a lot of time in WoW, ESO, Guild Wars 2. I put a little time in FFXIV. I am sure I am forgetting several. I have not reached end-game content in any of them - I cam just not willing to have fixed appointments multiple times per week to bash my head against elite content. I like to try out all the classes and skills, do some crafting, see the world, help out a bit if it's not too intense, and hang out (hopefully unobtrusively).

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
PDT (US West Coast Daylight Savings)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Lvl 11 champion, nothing to tell yet, I made one at random and levelled it just so I could get in world chat on a server and start asking questions (like what server to play on). I would, however, like to defend my character name very briefly. "Warin" was my pen and paper D&D character for a few years a a few decades ago. I use it as a prefix on all my character names so that kinmates can identify me and my alts. "Champ" reminds we what class they are. Hence "Warichamp". If that is unacceptable, I can create a second char that meets with your approval and join with that one.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
None

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Aerelwen

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have never been to one. I am happy to attend one or two, schedule permitting, and if I am logistically capable of getting to where it is. Combe hopeully? :)

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
No idea yet. Just started yesterday. My guess is exploring, crafting, and trying out new classes and skills.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I believe I covered this above (Use this area to share why you want to join LMB).

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I am a nice person with a good sense of humour. It's really as simple as that. If you need anything in particular, and it's something I can do, I am likely to do it. This is really hard to answer, because I know little about the game and less about you. :)

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Read the books a hundred times. Line by line excellence. I have seen the movies a couple of times each. I was very disappointed with the screenplays, but the physical realization of the world was astounding. And a few scenes certainly gave me the "that's exactly it!" feeling. The opening shots of Hobbiton, rafting down the Anduin from Moria and seeing the pillars of Argonath - chills!

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I am in my late fifties, a software developer, and an amateur musician (voice / guitar / bass). I tend to be pretty busy in the summer and play games a bit more in the winter.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum