Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Carliee

re: :( Godwineson, Meneledan, Galspi, etc.

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I type this. My dear friend, the man behind Godwineson, Meneledan and Galspi, has gone home to Heaven. I like to think that Tinki was in the crowd that greeted him upon arrival.

He was visiting his parents and had a wonderful day Sunday at an engine show with his dad and a great round of word games with his mom and dad that night. When his dad went to wake him in the morning, he found him laying on the bed in his clothes from the previous night with a smile on his face and his spirit gone.

If any of you would like to contact me, my e-mail is sad cjdose@gmail.com. I definitely want to know of any plans for a memorial service in his honor.

My heart is broken and my eyes are leaking, but he is at peace.

Carliee, Rosiee, etc. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

WHAT?!?!?! Oh no. I don't have any words for this right now. But thank you Carliee for letting us know.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Oh no sad It's nice to know his last day was a good one, at least, and I'm sure you're right about Tinki!

Thank you Carliee for telling us. *hugs*

Awarded:

Oh no, This is a very sad thing to read.
Thank you Carliee for letting us know. I am sure that once the shock sets in for us we will be planning something to bid our friend farewell.

Carliee

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Oh no, This is a very sad thing to read.
Thank you Carliee for letting us know. I am sure that once the shock sets in for us we will be planning something to bid our friend farewell.

I'll be happy to help with the planning. I've been mostly out of game for a long time but always trying to get back to it. I've been laptop compromised.
Danniwyn

Oh no! This is such sad sad news. sad While it is a blessing he passed in happiness, it is still sad. You, all of this friends and family have my deepest condolences.
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Carilee, this is very sad. I am so sorry to read this.

Godwineson was one of the most erudite contributors to the LMB Book Club. I was astonished by his knowledge of Tolkien. One of the things he said was that he had wonderful Christmases over a 12 year period, receiving a volume each year of the History of Middle Earth. He was also the one to explain to us how Tolkien handled the fact that men were mortal, and how the published version changed. I was very much looking forward to his joining in and teaching us more in the next discussion. From comments he made about the Catholic and Orthodox churches, I believe he was religious, and hope his family and friends find some comfort in that.

Hugs to those who knew Godwineson well. I will miss him.

Holly
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
WHAT?!?!?! Oh no. I don't have any words for this right now. But thank you Carliee for letting us know.

This...

Officer

Awarded:

Oh no! I am at a loss for words. Lotta feels, but no words. Carliee thank you for letting us know. *hugs*

Pretty Officer

Awarded:

Oh nooo! sad

Awarded:

re: Re: :( Godwineson, Meneledan, Galspi, etc.

Carliee wrote:
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I type this. My dear friend, the man behind Godwineson, Meneledan and Galspi, has gone home to Heaven. I like to think that Tinki was in the crowd that greeted him upon arrival.

What?! Godwineson? That's...no words... All I can say is...Far apart, never alone.

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Oh no! This is quite unexpected sad It is a small comfort to know that his day was filled with joy and spent with loved ones. He will surely be missed - I know we all have many fond memories of Godwineson and his other characters. I am at a loss for more words right now. We certainly will hold a memorial in-game and work with you to find a time that you can attend as well. My deepest condolences to you and Godwineson's family, Carilee. sad

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Godwineson was an amazing person and a wonderful member of the LMB. I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the memorial. I hope that his friends and family find peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Awarded:

I'm still shocked and saddened by this passing. I think the first fellowship run I went on in LOTRO/LMB was with Godwineson/Meneladan. Over the years I too was impressed with his Tolkien lore as well as his stalwart helpfulness. I am gladdened by the time he spent with us, even if it was far too short. I too hope that his family and RL friends take some comfort in this, too.

And so, let us plan a memorial/tribute/get-together. Saturdays or Sundays are peak attendance times. Perhaps this Sunday Sept 25 or Sunday Oct 2, following the Andune Ensemble show at 4:00 pm? Or perhaps sometime on Saturday Oct. 1st? (There is a Coursera event on Sat Sept 24, which would likely be best not to schedule against.) Please, Carliee, let us know what time(s) work best for you.

Also, please, for those who knew him best, suggest some ways we might honor our time with him.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I will for sure make time to be there on either night. I will miss the teasing banter I shared often with Godwinson, and as others, will miss his vast knowledge on the works of Tolkien.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: