Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Lorgelas

re: Tinki

Vendek wrote:
Well, I had hoped to be there. Made it home with 30min to spare, then realized had not been on since the last update, 40min down, still at only 88% downloaded. sad

I fear I may make it too late as well. Patching 88%... done applying 9240 interations.... sad
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Lorgelas wrote:
Vendek wrote:
Well, I had hoped to be there. Made it home with 30min to spare, then realized had not been on since the last update, 40min down, still at only 88% downloaded. sad

I fear I may make it too late as well. Patching 88%... done applying 9240 interations.... sad
Come when you can, both of you! We may still be going.

Kaerri wrote:
Lorgelas wrote:
Vendek wrote:

Come when you can, both of you! We may still be going.

I did, made it there about 4:30.

Vendek
Juneith

I was so saddened when I saw the post about Tinki on Facebook. Tinki was such a wonderful friend and mentor. He taught me so much on how to play an MMO. Like many others, he was the one who invited me to apply to LMB. I am so grateful that I listened to him.

Early in my journey, two hobbits ran by and offered to help me (Tinki and sister Claramari). Tinki had noticed my name at the few Ales & Tales I had been at, and the rest is history--- the advice, the kind welcome into the Band, answering my many questions.

I feel so blessed for having 'met' Tinki and that I was able to be at his memorial- it was quite touching.

Tinki will be sorely missed by me and all those who knew him. My heart is heavy this evening. Kin hugs to all.
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

For those that missed it.. you can see it at https://www.twitch.tv/barafunda/v/77301647

Starts around 4:12 of the video.

Hollyberry, thanks for recording.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Alicanya, from Dept. of Harmony and Song started a hashtag on Twitter - it's filled with lovely photos and such from the folks who attended the Tinki Tribute.
Very nice!
#YellowForTinki

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Here is the Tinki Memorial and Tribute, just published on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubEpLyNjEgA

There is also Zedrockk's live stream on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/barafunda/v/77372031
Lorgelas

I'm glad I was able to make the last few songs and be able to be there for the horse ride to the North Downs.
Brodoric

re: re:Tinki

I am one of Many that came into LMB through the yellow clad Hobbit. From a small kin that had recently broken apart, I was looking for another and happened upon Ales n Tales in the Shire. Still fairly new to the game, I stood at the background of the event and listened to the music. A strange hobbit lass approached, offered to trade. On accepting, I was rewarded with a few mugs of ale and pipeweed. I watched as others were approached and given similar treats and when she came close once more I asked if the LMB were open to others. Tinki took the time to talk me through how to get to the website, make an account and apply.....Im so glad he did as I cant imagine being anywhere else, playing with the best of the best, joking with the deviant of the most deviant.....enjoying the game as I believe it was meant to be played.
To Tinki/Ron.....you've touched us all and we're better for it. May we pass on your legacy to future members......no, to All that dwell within Middle Earth and beyond. Your task, though none would ever call the joy and laughter you spread as such, is complete and We that cherished you gladly take up the burden for You. Frying pan and a mug of ale in hand as Laughter echoes through the rolling hills of the Shire, we bravely march forth with the battle cry, "Kill a goblin for Tinki!"
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Here are my screenies of the event
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1090478511046104.1073741827.100002518969693&type=1&l=abbb8bbe2d

A few favorites

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

[img]hhttps://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13640800_1090545104372778_9028097208778985617_o.jpg[/img]

Forum Image

Forum Image

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

A wonderful gathering indeed! And a right and proper 'Tinki Field-Day' in the evening! I do think Ron would have been tickled. Thank you to everyone who participated, and to everyone who was there in-spirit with us.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Vardelm

I just heard of Tinki's passing since I have been away from home. If more were like him, the world would be a merrier place.

Rest well in the halls of your fathers, gentle hobbit.

Quasi-Khuzdul: An analysis & expansion of the Dwarvish language
@ http://sites.google.com/site/quasikhuzdul/
Mairghread
Toanstation

Awarded:

I saw the news on Massively OP this morning. I am so so sorry for his loss. In my times with the Band his hospitality and kindness were a constant and notable, even among a community as welcoming and friendly as the LMB.

When I joined the Band about 5 years ago, he was one of the people I remember.

The world is a little less bright for me today.

High Officer

Awarded:

There are some extremely nice words being said on the Tinki thread on the LOTRO forums. One from Craiden touched my heart and I hope you have a moment to read it! https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?642770-Tinki-Memorial-Sunday-July-10-at-4pm-EDT-on-Landroval&p=7631028#post7631028

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: