Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

re: Tinki

I feel like I barely knew Tinki, and yet his death has hit me hard. As so many others here have said, he was simply a wonderful person to be around.

I had the distinct honor of being promoted to full member by the Mistress of the Boot herself (not that I knew that back then)--and on Weatherstock morning, no less. I was so surprised (both because I had somehow gotten the idea that the normal recruit period was 4 weeks and because it was Weatherstock morning) and so happy. Out of all the time I've spent Middle-earth, and all the memories created, that one is still one of my favorites.
Daephic

So sad to hear this news. I've been away for a while but will reinstall the game to be there Sunday to raise a glass in memory of the very best of us.
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Oh dear...such sad, sad news.... I am on vacation so I have not been in game recently, but I wanted to stop in here and say just how sorry I am to hear of Ron/Tinki's passing.

I didn't know Tinki very well... by the time I arrived here in Middle Earth I believe Tinki was coming in game less and less. I did, of course, hear all kinds of wonderful things about her and thought of her as a sort of "celebrity"... the famous Tinki!

I remember, one meeting where we did a special tribute to Tinki. It was during that meeting that I got my yellow Tinki outfit which I slotted and wore and in fact was wearing it when I was promoted to officer. All of us playing with Old Winyards wore our Tinki outfits that night and I guess it felt so special to dress like Tinki, that TO THIS DAY I have my Tinki outfit always in one of my cosmetic slots. Always ready to honor her whenever we play "Tinki's Mambo".... she was a special person indeed.

*raises glass in a /toast to the one and only, Tinki*

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
zedrockk

When I met ~ a ~ Tinki for the first time, at Weatherstock V (2013),

it was already a legend,

and I thought ~ Tinki ~ was an army of vendors all dressed in yellow and black top hat!

Legend will never die!

./toasts to Tinki

Warm thoughts to you all LMB and friends of him.

Zed'
TinybelIam

I didn't know Tinki well but I had some good jokes with him and alot of ale was shared to me heh.

Sadly I missed the Memorial :/

May your Tankard never be empty wherever you went.

/Toast

Thy Ravens up high, one eyed father accept our offering!
Let us not return without wealth ad pride!

Be our guidance on the stormy sea

Stormwarrior - Lindisfarne
Esyae
esyae

i dont know what to say sad
its hitting me hard
he was always there if you needed help with anything
many nice memorys
it might not be as long as some other members but 4 years of being in the kin it was a pleasure to have known tink
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

TinybelIam wrote:

The memorial is this coming Sunday (July 10) at 4:00pm EDT/server at the Bree-land festival grounds stage.

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
TinybelIam wrote:

The memorial is this coming Sunday (July 10) at 4:00pm EDT/server at the Bree-land festival grounds stage.

Ohhhhhh I thought it was last Sunday! Then I will be there!

Thy Ravens up high, one eyed father accept our offering!
Let us not return without wealth ad pride!

Be our guidance on the stormy sea

Stormwarrior - Lindisfarne
Isilwren

re: My Dear Tinki

I feared this day would come, but I remember talking to you once about what you were going through. You were not afraid of dying. You told me that you had peace with your Savior and that should you die, you knew you were going home. So, peace to you strength for your family. You are finally home in the arms of Jesus where you will no longer know pain, sorrow, fear or suffering. You will now only know love, peace and joy (and possibly long talks with Jack and Tollers). May we meet again.[/img]

This is such very sad news. sad Tinki was the one who brought me into LMB, and I shall forever consider myself fortunate to have the honor of wearing yellow alongside him at the first Winterstock.

Fare thee well, Tinki.

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Hey all - I've had a couple inquiries, is there a way for us to send condolences to family....anyone know?

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

I didn't see a "sign-up" anywhere but if you need people to play for the tribute on Sunday I'd love to take part.

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Anthemisa
Anthemisa
Officer

Awarded:

Tulenn wrote:
I didn't see a "sign-up" anywhere but if you need people to play for the tribute on Sunday I'd love to take part.

Seconded!

I hope I can make it in time. The game download is finished now It's going to have to patch.
Vendek

Well, I had hoped to be there. Made it home with 30min to spare, then realized had not been on since the last update, 40min down, still at only 88% downloaded. sad
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: