Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Burdie
Daffodilia

re: Tinki

Sad news indeed.

Will everyone be wearing Tinki yellow for the memorial? I think it would be fitting.

Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Oh no, sad to hear it. He was strong and he held on, spending time with us even during his fight against his illness.
Tinki will be remembered forever with us!
Thank you Sonca for tracking down and letting us know, and thanks Flora for that sweet piece of memory again.

But... it happened back in April? Didn't we see Tinki logging in a couple months ago, or was this before that?
If only we knew that would be the last time we'd ever see him... sad

Dancyn/Muinbes

Awarded:

Thank you everyone for sharing about Tinki. All your memories are beautiful and I thank you for sharing them and allows me to see a great man. I'm sorry for everyone's loss.

sadly,
Dancyn

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Nibun
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
We're still formulating plans, but we're currently hoping to have a tribute to Tinki next Sunday, July 10th, following the final WCS show at 4:00 pm /servertime. We'll also do something at Weatherstock VIII, but we'll plan that later.

Years ago I joined the game, before I even went to college. I already knew that I'd found a home in LMB and that LOTRO was no ordinary game.

When I first joined LMB years ago, Tinki was there to deal with all my questions and introduce me to the kin. I felt like I was welcomed into a new family, which in a way I was. Tinki was there the entire time, so much in fact that I felt I had to give something back to him.

It was around that time that I first started writing lyrics in-game. So I asked him what his favorite song was and he told me - and I wrote not one but two sets of lyrics for it. I'd like to play these for him one last time on Sunday.

One thing's for sure - I will never forget Tinki. Thank you for having been an amazing person who influenced a much younger Bau/Nibun in a good way with your kindness and generosity.

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Lorgelas

I am so sad to hear of this news. I have been gone awhile taking a break from the game. I now wish I would have stayed and played with Tinki a bit more sad crying I'll have to install LOTRO again on this laptop, but I will be there for the tribute to Tinki.
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

Namarie' mellon, Namarie'

I weep, but not for you
For you will always be in my memory.
Having achieved a form of immortality
Through all the lives you have touched here
Brings a deeper meaning to our phrase
"Far Apart, Never Alone"

Knowing it was coming, still doesn't make it any easier when it actually happens.

I'm not sure if I will be able to attend the memorial if it is on Sunday, as my family is gathering to scatter our grandmother's ashes. Don't know if I can handle two memorials in one day. If I'm not there in pixel, I will be there in spirit with you all.

Officer

Awarded:

Yes, I believe it is this Sunday at 4:00pm EDT/servertime, at the stage in the Bree-land Festival Grounds, starting right after the WCS concert.

Please bring a white standard (non-war) steed and a yellow outfit if you'd like to be a fancy part of a mounted procession.

This evening Bright Star ended their show with a touching tribute to Tinki, sung by Fincin.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Malornwyn

My eyes are leaking and my heart is breaking. There really isn't too much to write which has not already been written. He was one of the people on my friends list I always checked to see when they were last on wondering whether they were still actively playing. I had hoped he was enjoying exploring other virtual landscapes and spreading the gift of love, laughter and smiles around when I noticed longer gaps in his absences. It is a deep sadness to see the true reason.

Thank you for sharing the pictures and the information. It's nice to have a face and a name to place along with the character.

He will be greatly missed by both my husband and I.
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Tinki

Nibun wrote:

It was around that time that I first started writing lyrics in-game. So I asked him what his favorite song was and he told me - and I wrote not one but two sets of lyrics for it. I'd like to play these for him one last time on Sunday.

Nibun, what did you want to play for Tinki? I'm putting together a short setlist for Sunday. If it is something not in the LMB playlist, perhaps you can post it for me.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Please take a moment to reply to this thread:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?642769-Tinki-Memorial-Sunday-July-10-at-4pm-EDT-on-Landroval

The more people who post, the more likely we will get GM support to make sure nobody trolls the memorial.

Thank you!

Awarded:

Thank you, Kiralynn, for the wonderful tribute post.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Beautiful post Kira. I have talked to friends in other games and in RL about Tinki. He touched so many people in so many ways with that little yellow clad Hobbit lass. I cannot see the color yellow now without Tinki springing into my mind.

Nibun
Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Tinki

Keli wrote:
Nibun wrote:

Nibun, what did you want to play for Tinki? I'm putting together a short setlist for Sunday. If it is something not in the LMB playlist, perhaps you can post it for me.

Yes Keli, I will ping you, thank you :)

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Galenhir
FOUNDER

Love that picture of Ron in front of Tinki - his eyes show what a gentle & joyous soul he was... LMB will never be the same... & very saddened we never met in person.

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: